New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier  (Read 40616 times)

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2018, 10:37:25 AM »
Well, sorry guys, I threw in the towel yesterday and drove to San Mateo to Squires & Corrier Slot machines. They do everything there from painting the glass, to making your slot machine look new again. I want to thank everyone for their help, but i guess I'm just not cut out to get my slot going again, I felt like i was going in circles. And at least i know it's gonna this time by professionals, unlike the last time I took it to someone from craigslist. Thanks again for all your help.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2018, 10:52:22 AM »
Let us know what they found wrong.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »
Did you get a quote on the price of repair? They can be very pricey!

rdaniel

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »
I did realize they worked on any thing other then the old mechanicals? Do you know if they work on even newer machines then your EM?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
I will let you know what was wrong with it, as for price, yes they are pricey, $150hr, had to put down payment of $300, and I will ask if they work on newer machines when he calls me about mine. I will hopefully get to pick it up in a week. (got my fingers crossed) Can't wait to play it again.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »
Wow.. $150.00 an hour 🤔 I need to raise my rates.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2018, 06:20:30 PM »
Great news, they called me today and said my slot machine is fixed and ready for pick up, but this part hurts, 8hrs at $150hr so its gonna cost me $900 plus, already paid $300 when i dropped it off. He said my 809 is very collectible and very rare. It has triple 7s instead of the triple bars. And who ever asked if they work on newer model slot machines, he said yes they do. There was a bunch of little stuff wrong with my slot machine and he replaced a part. Will let everyone know what all was wrong when I pick it up Saturday. I can't wait.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
I knew they were pricey but wow thats a bundle. They should give you a 5 year warranty.

rdaniel

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2018, 09:12:27 PM »
So, I go to pick up my slot machine today, and i ask to plug it in before I take it, (there was just some lady there today) and not all the reels would spin all the time, first the middle one would stick and then the 2nd and 3rd reel wouldn't spin. So I was not happy having to leave it there and me wasting a trip down there, costs me $50 to get there and back, $40 for gas and $10 for tolls. He's out of town till next week, and so is the guy who worked on it.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2018, 10:42:33 PM »
I’d ask for some money off the bill for the wasted trip, plus having to make a second trip back. I wouldn’t give them any extra money either. They have already gouged you for the repairs.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
I talked to him on the phone to make sure I'm not gonna get charged for the reels not all working, and he said I wouldn't. And I will talk to him when I go to pick it up and see if he will take some off of the bill, ( don't think he will, but I'll try ) because I brought 2 new coin switches when i first dropped it off because mine didn't have a ramp switch on it, and was wanting one put on.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2018, 09:46:03 AM »
I had him put a jack pot bell in it, does it only go off when you hit a jack pot, or does it go off with the little pay outs when you hit, because i got a pay out ( like 10 nickels ) when i was there, but the bell didn't sound. So would like to know if it was working or not? Thank you for your help.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2018, 04:49:22 PM »
Bell can be wired to work on any winning combinations.
Before you leave the shop with the machine.
I would play it non stop for at least 1 to 2 hours.
Make sure it pays correct amounts.
Don’t want to get it back home and have a malfunction.
Also would be nice to see the invoice with all the corrections listed.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2018, 08:24:16 PM »
I'll make sure to get a invoice from him, what was replaced and all. And see what kind of guarantee on the work done he'll give me?

Offline Op-Bell

• Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #254 on: November 20, 2018, 12:00:15 AM »
"Professionals". <sniff>
Next time bring it to me in Las Vegas.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #255 on: November 22, 2018, 12:23:18 PM »
Trust me, If you weren't so far away I would of brought it to you, I don't do good driving real long distances, tend to start falling a sleep at the wheel.
"Professionals". <sniff>
Next time bring it to me in Las Vegas.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »
Got my 809 Bally slot machine back today. It now plays up to 5 coins, all the lights work and everything. So I guess the reason it would not accept any nickels is because the hopper wasn't reset on zero. they un jamed  the hopper motor (disassembled) made adjustments and reassembled, cleaned contacts on payout relay, cleaned all contacts in the upper section, jackpot relay#1 and #2, cleaned face of odds unit reassembled, cleaned contacts on back of odds unit, cleaned contacts on step-up relay and reset relay, replaced 3rd reel stop arm (broken) checked all pays (test) $50, adjusted coin acceptor to receive money, adjusted new coin lockout arm to receive money, and then they had to take apart the reel mech. remove main shaft to c lean and degrease it resurfaced/ deburred, degreased mech. kicker-reel stops, cleaned and lubed handle dash pot, tightened stack blades switches on reel mech. Thats alot of stuff, just glad it works now.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2018, 03:42:03 PM »
I want to thank everyone for trying to help me fix it, next time I get paid again I'll make another donation. Thanks again everyone.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2018, 03:56:31 PM »
Hope they have you a refund for having to make a second trip for a machine that was supposed to be working last week. Or at least gave you a long warranty on there work done.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2018, 05:34:58 PM »
Happy to hear you got the machine back.
Appears that a lot or small problems needed to be fixed.
Does the inside look good and clean?
Post a photo of the inside when you get a chance.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal