New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Haywire, can it be fixed?  (Read 29102 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT Haywire, can it be fixed?
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2018, 07:25:50 PM »

That's a good reduction in power usage, more than I expected with removal of the ballasts.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2018, 04:19:06 AM »
We have all heard the saying, If your husband is a mechanic your car needs work, or if a carpenter the house needs work, an electrician has wiring issues at home. It's part of the Honey Do list
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline jidrd55

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • jidrd55 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2018, 01:16:12 PM »
He's good at keeping things running around the house specially the air conditioning, but he didn't want me to fix this slot, didn't think I could; he even tried to bribe me by offering to buy me a working one. I just couldn't see throwing this one away when there's still a lot of life in it. Of course. I was more than willing to let him buy me one as well as fix this one but noooo not part of the deal. There's a lot at stake here, if for some reason I can't fix it I'll have to hear 'I told you so' for the rest of my life. :banghead:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
Like you said in a earlier post too, it’s about being able to play coins and hearing them clink in the coin try when you cash out. To me the newer games can be boring on one hand because you just feed them paper money, but they do offer more features like bonus games and winning extra spins.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
.....There's a lot at stake here, if for some reason I can't fix it I'll have to hear 'I told you so' for the rest of my life. :banghead:

More than likely replacing the motherboard and the mpu board will get it going. The battery damage to those boards was extensive but probably didn't affect anything else, such as the power supply, reels, hopper, etc. As long as the wiring that connects to the motherboard wasn't damaged you should be on the downhill side of things. Just be careful when plugging in all those wiring cables to the new motherboard, don't want a boo-boo.

Are you going to let him play the machine when you get it running? Sure, but you should keep the key to the machine so you can keep the money he loses. That way he is helping pay for the parts you needed. :garfield:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »
I got the first part in and finished taking the parts off the door, the easier it is for Husband to get to the wires the better chance he'll do it. I didn't upgrade the bill validator, I got the head and BV for $55, it was guaranteed and I didn't know if the one in the machine worked, also the head alone was $39. When installed it made noise like it works, doesn't take in bills though. Does it have to have boards in to see if it actually works. I am changing to quarters, I'm thinking about getting a quarter hopper instead of changing out the parts in the old one, I'm posting a picture of the new one, is it the right one?
oh yeah he can play, if he can get me off of it. But yes I will have to hide the key.  :I_agree_1:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2018, 05:31:08 PM »
Uhhh, no pictures are on your last post.

Yes, the DBV head will make some noise when you turn the machine on, it is "initializing". And it won't work until the mpu is in the machine and working.

What do you mean "you got the first part in", does that mean you got something and installed it? Or that you got it in, as in it was delivered? Which part is it?

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »
 :nerd:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:46:57 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2018, 05:34:35 PM »
Yes, I got the part in and I installed it, I posted a picture. The head and the BV.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »
Ooops - I missed that post with the photos.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2018, 01:52:44 AM »
Looks like a hopper for a slant top to me. Not for upright machine
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2018, 02:46:00 AM »
Mine is s slant top.
Rokgpsman, I couldn't post the pictures from my phone so I posted them later from my laptop, that's why you didn't see them in the first post.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2018, 05:29:34 AM »
.....Mine is s slant top....

The photo of your Haywire machine shows it to be an upright machine, not a slant top??   :Scratch-Head:

A slant top machine is one that is shorter in height and the reel glass player pushbutton area slants at a 45 degree angle (actually less than 45 degrees). The second photo below shows a slant top machine. The hopper is different on a slant top machine because it has to push the coins upward to the coin drop box. So the slant top hopper has a long curved coin chute on top of it. In your reply #87 above the first photo looks like a hopper for a slant top machine. (that photo is enlarged and repeated below)

.....I am changing to quarters, I'm thinking about getting a quarter hopper instead of changing out the parts in the old one, I'm posting a picture of the new one, is it the right one?.....

As therockinelvis said, I think that hopper in your photo is for a slant top machine, not for an upright machine like your Haywire machine. So don't buy that hopper in the photo you posted. Take a look at the hopper that came with your Haywire machine, notice how it is made compared to the slant top hopper in your photo. On an upright machine hopper the coins are dispensed from the left side of the hopper and fall into the coin tray. On a slant top hopper the coins are moved upward from the top of the hopper and are pushed into a vertical slide chute called the coin escalator. At the top of the coin escalator the coin is dispensed into the coin box on the front of the slant top machine.

If you want to, before you buy any major parts you can post a photo of them so we can be sure it is correct for your machine. If you are shopping for another hopper what you want is a quarter hopper for an upright IGT S+ machine.

After you get the motherboard and mpu boards replaced and the machine is working you can test your dollar hopper. If it works ok it may not be that big of a deal to convert it to quarters. The quarter conversion parts to do that will likely cost less than buying and shipping another hopper, unless you score a good deal on one. Someone here can guide you in doing the quarter conversion, if you want to look into that just ask what all is involved. No need to overly fear the conversion job, it's just some screwdriver stuff from what I understand.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:00:04 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2018, 09:35:22 AM »
Oh great! I assumed because the top of the cabinet is slanted it is called a slant top. I have been thinking everything S+ and slant top is made for my machine, dang it! You know what they say about assuming!😳 Don't know how many things I have ordered for a slant top. This makes me want to take it out back, burn it, then go buy a set of knitting needles! 😫
😭😭😭

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »
Try to list what you bought for slant top cabinet or pics and we can see what you can use and what you can't.

There are 3 variations of upright cabinets.  They just have 3 different size tops (and top glass) to them often referred to as: 9" chop top, 16" round top, and 16" slant top.  That's what got you confused.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:10:33 AM by sixcardmark »

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2018, 10:27:16 AM »
So mine is the 16" round top? 🤔

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »
No its a upright with 16" flat glass.  Round top upright has round glass.

Here is pic of a round top upright. It's a older model with no bill validator but it's a round top:

You just need all upright parts.  The top only matters if you need the top glass, everything else is the same.

Those console type cabinets called slant tops have a lot of different parts than the uprights do.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:54:15 AM by sixcardmark »

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »
Thank you sixcardmark, I guess that bit of imformation is something I should have researched before I started buying parts, huh?
Rokgpsman, I ordered the most important parts, motherboard, cpu board and chips from someone on NLG, also some other parts from someone else on this forum so I trust that they knew which machine I had and what parts to sell me. However all the other parts I ordered from EBay and other online stores so if they're for the wrong machine it's only because I didn't know what the heck I was doing.
I'll get all of the invoices together and post the list later this evening and I won't order anyhthing else before checking here first. I really think I have ordered everything but the belly glass and the parts for changing the hopper to quarters. 
I decided to take your advice about using the old hopper.

I learn more from my mistakes than I do my accomplishments!

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:34:53 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2018, 04:03:53 PM »
I think you ordered all good parts!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal