New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with an IGT AVP Trimeline 2.0  (Read 2252 times)

Offline BallySDS

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • BallySDS New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help with an IGT AVP Trimeline 2.0
« on: March 16, 2019, 10:33:29 PM »
Hello my bent screw driver friends!  As an old slot technician I appreciate all you do in forums such as these.  I am more on the systems side now but I bought three games to find passion in life :)  I bought 2 fortune one games fairly simple and an IGT AVP 2.0 game to tinker with :).  The AVP game is giving me a hard time and I need some help from some fellow technicians.  This model is the first AVP the old trimlines if you remember the jump between the game King and the first AVP models.  I bought the game working but the bill validator doesn't accepts bills (option setting b/c it cycles well) and I bought the Better TITO unit so I want to install this as well. A good friend of mine has a 00007 eKey and a Diagnostic dongle so Thought a simple RAM clear and I would be ready to go but its not looking so good and here is where I need some help.

Put in eKey white screen appears two options
(1) Change glass
(2) AVP Game 22 ( I figured this is the old GK 5.2/5.3)

Touch the AVP Game 22
Come up with the three options
(1) RAM Clear
(2) EPROM Clear
(3) Restart
This is not like http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=24980.0 because we didnt get the drop down options it was only the three options.

We use the JP reset Key to say yes to each option.

It comes back with a black screen something about error must reset game etc...  I should have taken a picture but I didn't :(

If I just select the RAM clear that brings me to a blue screen and advises me to change out the Base EPROM - But remember these IGT don't have a Base EPROM only Boot loader chips located on the MB.

Now even if I start it normal I am getting either a CRC failure or hardware failure :(

I know I am missing a step somewhere and I cant remember any assistance would be greatly appreciated  :hail: [size=78%].[/size]

-BallySDS

Offline buzzarama

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
Re: Help with an IGT AVP Trimeline 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 11:21:43 PM »
You will want to insert ekey with main door and logic door open,
*Select keychip 22 again
*use the test switch and audit key to say yes to the 3 options again
*select reboot
*when it says replace base prom, ignore it and insert ekey again
*on white screen select game
*select digital glass and remove ekey
It will come up to the mismatches, key them off and press test switch as it says, keep doing it as many times as it comes up until you get to the keychip menu and configure accordingly. Make sure to set date and time or you will get a license invalid error.

Also depending what bill acceptor it has, bills can be inhibited by dips switches on the front of a JCM or through the STS tool for MEI's so you might check there also if it isn't taking bills.

If you can tell me your boot chip versions (likely AVPSB013) , game version either the pre install number (GE011) or the post install (GBE011) and OS version (AE011) a long with your email address I can send you some documentation to help familiarize yourself with your 2.0 trimline  :cool_thumb_up:

David

Offline BallySDS

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 11:39:22 PM »
Awesome let me check and get back with you :)

Offline BallySDS

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 03:15:34 PM »
@buzzarama again thanks for your help I have attached the boot loader chip numbers. 

Ah one more question do you know if a jumper is required my friend and I read that a jumper is needed in some forum just want to be sure we didn't miss this as well.

:applause: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:

Adam

Offline buzzarama

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 09:09:12 PM »
If it isn't letting you clear you can add the jumper. The OS/Bootchip combo is weird on those for which need the jumper and which don't.
The older ones that were loaded with CD/DVD would require it to load but then the first ones on on USB didn't require it and so on. If it was upgraded to a HD3650 video card it would be required to stay in there with AE011-036 and higher os.

Attached is the normal jumper but you could do the same with hard drive jumpers or a homemade one would do the trick.  Jumper bank is on the front of the brainbox to the left of the secure port (see pic)

Offline BallySDS

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 01:27:10 PM »
Probably right I need the jumper I get in this never ending loop.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal