New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2k sound only from 1 top speaker  (Read 2961 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: S2k sound only from 1 top speaker
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
You should just pump in some sound into it to test to see if the amp is working.  The sound input is the flat black molex connector.  The green and white wires are the sound source.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline dbinder

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dbinder New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »
Ok will do and report back. Thanks.

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 06:19:29 PM »
Rick can you verify that I should use the A input to op amp inverting input or non- inverting OR channel A attenuation input for 19:1 OR A attenuation input for 4:1? How do you recommend me getting audio to that point? I don't have those types of plugs.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2020, 06:45:03 PM »
I made a harness that had a minijack plug on one end (to plug in an ipod) and then the molex plug on the other end to test these amps back in the day. I don't know if I still have it though.  If you are are not handy with wiring, your best bet would be to just buy an amp from a person who can test them before he sends them to you, that way you know for sure your amp is working.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2020, 07:30:31 PM »
I am handy with wiring I just don't have these type of parts laying around as I'm just a private owner so I'm a novice at troubleshooting some of this stuff.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2020, 08:40:41 PM »
Time to head on on over to mouser.com and buy all sizes and pins of the molex connectors then.  Most modern slot machines from IGT, Bally, WMS, etc use these molex plugs.  And while you are at it, buy a pin extractor also.  Well worth it if you are going to dive into this hobby.

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2020, 06:43:34 PM »
Rick...so I did some additional troubleshooting and found some things.

1. I was able to hook up alternate speakers and I get the same whining from the left channel. I've been told that it is possible to put a 10ohm or 47ohm resistor in line on the white wire which I'm assuming is the positive side and should resolve the whining. I'm not sure but it's a cheap fix if its true. Also if I hook up the right output to the left side and left side to the right channel, the whining is now on the right. I've also been told that this whining is/was common in these s2000 machines due to poor mpu designs. I only get the whining when the reels spin.

2. When putting the machine in stereo, I don't get a couple of game noises. This could be part of the same issue. I've attached the photo of the input connector and it look as a couple of them are bridged?

3. [size=78%]I was able to get the sub working. Bad Molex connection.[/size]
[/size]
Does any of this make sense to you and if so, what do you recommend? I don't have any spare parts at the moment so I'd have to order Molex and resistors if that's what it takes.

Thanks again for the help.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2020, 08:20:01 PM »
I don't know what you call "whinning," but if you have a 500 series MPU, there's a static type noise that is ever present.  I thought you weren't getting any sound at all out of one of the speakers, if you are just getting static, this is normal for 500 series board (if you have a 504B the static noise is a lot less than the others, but it is still there).  You have to get an enhanced mpu in order to get rid of the static noise.

To answer the other question, yes, there are two bridges on the input side of the amp.

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2020, 03:03:40 PM »
Rich...so after doing more troubleshooting I can say that the inline amp is not the problem. It appears that the input is the culprit but I'm looking for the wiring diagram so I can hunt it down. Also, the cheap fix for the whining or interference is happening only when the reels are spinning is to use 10k pots inline and turn the game volume up to about 6, then use the pots to adjust.

The only thing besides the unequal audio to the amp is that I don't hear some sounds when the machine is in stereo, only mono.

Hope that makes sense.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2020, 05:40:51 PM »
During all this, it hasn't occurred to ask you if you know for sure your MM Lite board and Simm are known to be working?  Have you tried to run the diagnostic tests where you can listen to all the sounds that are in the simm?

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2020, 05:49:08 PM »
Yes, when I run through the I/O options, I can hear all the sounds.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
Ok, then I guess you must have a either wiring issue, or your mpu may have issues. Since I have so many spares of everything, I usually start swapping parts until I find the culprit.

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2020, 05:54:09 PM »
I just had my MPU fixed by a professional slot guy so it should be ok.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal