New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SOLVED Simple solution for AVP Optic Bypass?  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
SOLVED Simple solution for AVP Optic Bypass?
« on: December 31, 2020, 12:30:08 PM »
Does anyone have a easy tried and true solution for a AVP door optic bypass?
Trying to bypass optics on a machine and although I have done many S+'s and others successfully this is a little different.
It appears that the "body" optic passes through both cherry switches and returns in to the harness.  The harness has a "OPT" tag on it which leads me to believe the door optics are an option and explains the reason the wiring is routed through the cherry switches.
Looking at the diagram makes it a little more confusing as there is 4 options and it looks like the optic harness (2 pin) would just be jumped out. 
I tried the S+ style bypass with crossing the wires Pin 1 of door to pin 2 of cabinet and even tried pin 1 of door to pin 1 of cabinet and no effect.  Of course since the cabinet harness runs through the cherry switches i would press both buttons at the same time with no response.
Anyone have a simple solution?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 12:15:50 PM by Slotman »

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: Simple solution for AVP Optic Bypass?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 01:25:39 PM »
Heres a diagram for prosperity (if anyone else needs it in the future)https://prnt.sc/wdt0jb

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 03:55:54 PM »
I was hoping someone may have chimed in but my progress so far and still cant get the damned "M" light to clear.
Swapped BrainboxesSwapped cabinetsSwapped backpane.
Basically the problem doesnt follow any one device but happens throughout multiple devices / parts.
One cabinet is factory bypassed with a jumper installed in place of the cabinet transmitter or receiver (not sure what the cabinet side is.)
Im leaning toward the cabinet setup in the configuration menu but tried most of those.
I know its something simple and easy but i am ready to pull my hair out.
Any suggestions?  Ill take anything now. Sometimes I overlook the simple stuff.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 04:53:38 PM »
I have a G23 cabinet with factory bypassed optics.  Do you have both jumpers installed?  See attached photo.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 05:44:32 PM »
I have a G23 cabinet with factory bypassed optics.  Do you have both jumpers installed?  See attached photo.
Tilt, thanks for the reply.  I have reduced and reduced my images to get them below the 1000kb limit but cant upload and each time it says file too large i have to re-type the whole reply again so i cant seem to get much to go right today.
It appears the G23 and G20 are slightly different.  Maybe the generation difference.  I only have the one option to bypass the optics with the one jumper.  The other wires are a sta-kon type which dont appear to be used on any machine.
The other harness was plugged in to the right side cabinet on the backpane so i removed that since it wasnt used on the machine with bypassed optics.
Could it be a misconfiguration in the cabinet?  I chose multiple options.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 06:33:53 PM »
Yeah, it does that when the file size is over 1MB.  Frustrating when you type up a lengthy message to have it eaten by the system, but that's the way it is. 

Here's a G23 drawing that shows the two jumpers.  I don't have G20 diagrams and your drawing doesn't show the entire thing.  Take a look at it and see if there should be a second bypass jumper somewhere.  Looks like you've got it narrowed to the cabinet swapping things out.  I doubt there would be anything in any setup menus telling the machine they optics are bypassed, that's what the jumpers do.  I don't have a G20 to look at, but maybe someone here who does can jump in and help?

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 06:49:00 PM »
Yeah, it does that when the file size is over 1MB.  Frustrating when you type up a lengthy message to have it eaten by the system, but that's the way it is. 

Here's a G23 drawing that shows the two jumpers.  I don't have G20 diagrams and your drawing doesn't show the entire thing.  Take a look at it and see if there should be a second bypass jumper somewhere.  Looks like you've got it narrowed to the cabinet swapping things out.  I doubt there would be anything in any setup menus telling the machine they optics are bypassed, that's what the jumpers do.  I don't have a G20 to look at, but maybe someone here who does can jump in and help?
I found a drawing that matches my layout but unless i am totally overlooking something (which i have been known to do) it looks like i have the only one connector to be "jumpered"

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 07:27:06 PM »
Sure looks like it to me.  I only have a G23V2 cabinet so that's all I have any experience with or can look at.  From that drawing have you checked for continuity at J17 pins 6 & 9?  You can pull the plungers out on the switches which will close them like they are when the door is really closed.  You should have read 0 ohms between those two pins with all the switches and jumper closed 7 in place.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 08:21:37 PM »
Sure looks like it to me.  I only have a G23V2 cabinet so that's all I have any experience with or can look at.  From that drawing have you checked for continuity at J17 pins 6 & 9?  You can pull the plungers out on the switches which will close them like they are when the door is really closed.  You should have read 0 ohms between those two pins with all the switches and jumper closed 7 in place.
So that was one of my checks in the very beginning and it ohmed out properly.  Heres the thing, that circuit is normally a TTL circuit (i think) because it is driving optics which is in essence a  opto-isolator between the door and cabinet.  When a jumper is installed I would think it is basically pulling down (jumping out) that TTL circuit.
Thinking back to the old S+ bypass you would basically feed the TTL from one side to the other (transmitter - receiver) but here it is just a jumper.  How does the board know that the circuit isnt just shorted?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 08:38:28 PM »
.  How does the board know that the circuit isnt just shorted?

It's not shorting out to ground....it's going to the "interrogate" pin?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 09:12:33 PM »
.  How does the board know that the circuit isnt just shorted?

It's not shorting out to ground....it's going to the "interrogate" pin?

You are correct. I was thinking a little off base on that.
Every other sensor works fine. I just can't get the MAIN to clear

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: SOLVED Simple solution for AVP Optic Bypass?
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 12:15:05 PM »
 After studying wiring diagrams and racking my brain I was finally able to figure this out.
Im trying to provide as much info for the next person if they have the same problem.

What I found is thebutton deck has a button that is tied in with the main.  Its not tied in via wire but must be incorporated in the backpane somehow.  If both cherry switches and the little microswitch on the button deck isn’t bypassed or depressed you will get a “M” indicator.
The pictures show my jumper and both connectors.  I looked at that wire multiple times and the way it was only using two pins i figured it was a power wire to feed something.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »
okay that's good work slotman!
What would be nice now is to outline onto a wiring schematics sheet what you did to make a bypass work.
THAT would be a sticky!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 12:29:31 PM »
Glad you got it figured out and thanks for posting the followup  :applause: .

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 03:03:39 PM »
I tried to attach the PDF that helped save the day but it is too large.Can someone upload it to the FILES section for the next guy?

Offline 474lsa

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • 474lsa New User barely matters.474lsa New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 09:31:31 PM »
So this post was the hail mary I was looking for to find a door open m that was driving me crazy!  A wire had fallen off of the the switch panel microswitch!  The microswitch goes to j44 pins 6 and 11. 

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »
So this post was the hail mary I was looking for to find a door open m that was driving me crazy!  A wire had fallen off of the the switch panel microswitch!  The microswitch goes to j44 pins 6 and 11.
Yup, that will do it.  It took me days to track it down.You would think that it would trigger a different door open code other than main.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 11:02:48 AM »
I tried to attach the PDF that helped save the day but it is too large.Can someone upload it to the FILES section for the next guy?

Is this the drawing of the switch you wanted to post?

Offline 474lsa

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • 474lsa New User barely matters.474lsa New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2021, 09:11:08 PM »
well I certainly appreciate you doing all the work to find this answer!  Tilt, that is the schematic I was looking at too.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 11:49:00 AM »

Is this the drawing of the switch you wanted to post?
Yes. That is the elusive microswitch

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal