New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G23 No Sync Error  (Read 1509 times)

Offline pugolini

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • pugolini New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT G23 No Sync Error
« on: November 19, 2021, 02:46:27 PM »
Hello, I just bought a IGT G23 2011 multi player slot. Before I bought it, it was working. The guy I bought from had it hooked to 2 other machines. When I got it home and booted it up, I get a No Sync on the main screen and red, blue and green striped box up top. I do get a beep every few seconds. I unpluged it for a day and plugged back in. I got the AVP splash on the top and bottom and then went to no sync. Any thoughts please?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 412
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT G23 No Sync Error
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 03:43:16 PM »
Welcome to NLG!  :applause:

Sounds like something came loose during the move. :scratch-head_2:

Start digging around in there with the power OFF.  :sherlock:

Make sure every single connector and power supply is connected or seated properly.

I stress the word "every".

Take your time and don't miss anything. :yes:

You will find something that just isn't seated right....could even be something like a video card on the MPU.

Even the batteries - there's a few...did they die or lose power while the machine was off? :scratch-head_3:

Check 'em with a multimeter...see how strong/weak they are.

Also, do a search on your platform - not this one...you've posted this topic in "IGT Stand-Alone Progressive Systems? Why? :Scratch-Head:

You have an AVP G23...there's a section just for your machine and PLENTY of topics.... :cool_thumb_up: some might be about why you're seeing that "No Sync" error.

Here's a link to AVP G23's...start searching and reading...>>>

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=99.0
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 03:48:04 PM »
What do you mean connected to other machines?  How so?

Offline pugolini

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
Thank you. I will try that. Yeah, my first post. I didnt know exactly where to post.

Offline pugolini

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 04:08:24 PM »
What do you mean connected to other machines?  How so?

The guy had 3 machines that were linked by a router.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 05:35:30 PM »
Was it for a progressive jackpot or TITO system?  Doubt that has anything to do with your problem, but ya never know.  These machines don't normally beep either, that may be a hardware problem.  Do you have an Ekey 7 and USB diagnostic key for it?

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 05:03:49 PM »
Was it for a progressive jackpot or TITO system?  Doubt that has anything to do with your problem, but ya never know.  These machines don't normally beep either, that may be a hardware problem.  Do you have an Ekey 7 and USB diagnostic key for it?

When my G23 was stuck in an error loop, it beeped every time the system reset it self after sitting on the error. PS, my issue was not at all related.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 05:37:21 AM »
Checked to make sure ribbon cable going to cpu is connected on both ends or is not damaged.  Check to make sure PCI card with the two batteries is seated firmly in the cpu socket.  Check on the main board to make sure Boot chip #1 is seated firmly in its socket.  Check to make sure main battery on the cpu board (2032) is ok.   NO Sync means cpu is not posting.  You should hear a beep on start up.  Good luck

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal