New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 zz no handle release  (Read 1035 times)

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Bally 809 zz no handle release
« on: September 30, 2021, 02:29:21 PM »
My new project is an Bally 809 zz that I’ve been working on for a week now and i thought I would know by now how to fix the handle release issue but I have done several steps without any luck.. when I push the coin switch the coin relay on the left side of the reel unit hits in and the the dashpot switch also looks good, so I guess it has to be up in the feature unit somewhere, when I push the coin switch the odds relay hits in and stays on buzzing and only stops when I turn of the machine or push the odds reset relay coil with my finger..  the jp lock up relay never react but I’m not sure it should either..

:thank_you:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 02:17:12 AM by SPN »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 809 zz no handle release
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 04:29:45 PM »
the model number is just 809-ZZ?  My listing says that was a triple bar (looks right), but made for "sweden".  There's something different on the reel 2 tape, but otherwise it's the same as an 809-B wrt the reel index discs, payout disc, and reel wiper wiring.   It even used the same schematic as the 809-B (w-1046-511).

first thing to check is whether your coin switch is working right ... the tripwire can go back up and connects wire 30 to 74-1.  A problem with the coin switch would cause your handle release and odds relay problem (except for the part about the odds reset relay changing things).

if the coin switch is ok, there are many switches in the handle release coil circuit.  The easy thing is probably a voltmeter or jumper wire.  Circuit is highlighted below.

if the coin lockout coil on the coin door is working (game accepts 5 coins, then rejects them), then the blue part of the circuit is ok.

the only switch in the entire circuit that is open when the game is over is the coin relay switch.  Once you have that tripped, the circuit to the handle release coil is closed until the handle release relay trips, so you can put one voltmeter probe on wire 70 on any handy 50V coil and poke at places you can get to along the circuit path to see where the 50V disappeared.

alternatively, hook one end of a jumper wire wherever you want along the circuit and touch the other end to wire 30 - coin switch is convenient - and see if the handle release trips.

I'd probe or jumper to the dashpot switch since it's about in the middle and work your way up/down depending on what happens.

get the handle release working then deal with the odds relay.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 09:42:52 PM »

Yes it says 809 zz only but the hopper says 861 so I guess it’s a Norwegian or Swedish model as you say.

I’m of to work now but I gonna work on the machine this weekend so I will start trying the stuff and take it from there.

Thanks 🤗

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »
paperwork for the 809-B is on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

an 809-ZZ is an 84.15% payback version of the 809-B with different reel and bottom glass.

the 84.15% payback version has six bells and one 2-bar on reel 2.

the highest percentage version of the 809-B I have documented is 88.85% and had five bells and two 2-bar on reel 2.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 01:34:20 PM »

I made a jumper from the 30 wire on the jp lock up relay and down to the 74-1 wire on the odds relay and now the handle release works great, and I guess I maybe can leave it that way or does it effect the game in any way?

Beside that everything is working fine except that the first coin often make a trip up to coin 2 ?

When I snap the coin switch very fast it works as it should but if I push it (as when I use a coin) slower it jump up to 2 coins almost every time..

I read the “bally 809-8ZV coin multiplier problem” post here on nlg and tried different alternatives without any luck but I’m pretty sure it is something in the feature unit, or?

Thanks for paperwork and I’m still trying to learn how to understand it, with baby steps hehe

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 07:12:59 PM »
leaving the jumper from 30 to 74-1 on creates some race conditions and you could get some odd behavior.

if you verified the coin tripwire can go up far enough to hear the microswitch click, then the switch contacts inside the microswitch are cruddy. 

I unsolder and remove the switch and see if it can be taken apart.  If it can't, I try squirting some electronic cleaner like car mass airflow sensor cleaning into the switch and shake it.  Do that a couple time while operating the switch, shake as much liquid out as you can, etc. and see if the switch works using an ohmeter.

get the coin switch working reliably first, then see if the odds unit problem is still there.  If it is, switches on the odds relay, the hande release relay or the odds unit end-of-stroke switch should be checked for good switch action.

the end-of-stroke switch is the switch the step-up arm opens when the coil pulls in the plunger.

if you can watch it, see if the odds relay is powering more than once.

also make sure the odds unit wipers whizz back to reset when the reset plunger is pushed in.  If the wipers slow down, the contact plate rivets need cleaning off.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 02:16:47 AM »

Yes I found out that there was several broken wires after hours of testing and seeking for problems, it was also a loos wire 74 behind the left beau plug behind the reel mechanism and one in the top unit. Now everything is working perfect and I’m so thankful for all your help 🤗

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal