New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 831-5ZJ jackpot lights relay and #455 bulb  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Special k

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Special k New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 831-5ZJ jackpot lights relay and #455 bulb
« on: November 05, 2021, 05:28:15 PM »
I believe I am in need of a relay and flasher bulb for my 831-5ZJ upper unit. It was not in it when bought it and a lot of cut wires are up there. I would like the jackpot lights to work correctly but the relay and bulb seem hard to find.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 09:07:20 AM by wolftalk »

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 831 jackpot lights relay and #455 bulb
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 10:00:38 PM »

This are the parts his missing in his 831

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 08:58:47 AM »
 Special K,

I'm pretty sure I have those.  I'll let you know later today.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 10:31:37 AM »
That would be great. Thanks

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 01:06:01 PM »
 I believe this is what you are looking for.  I have two different types. I'll follow with a PM.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 03:21:59 PM »
I responded to your PM. Not sure if you got it because I’m still getting used to this forum. Those are the parts I need and I will take them for sure.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 03:30:34 PM »
I received my flasher parts today and not at all to my surprise I don’t see any of the same amount or colored wires anywhere in my top unit. Now I don’t even know where to begin.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 07:23:55 PM by Special k »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 09:58:53 PM »
which 831 do you have?

most are wired the same, so using an 831-C as an example (you can find the schematic on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/):

the relay coil should have solid yellow wire (30) on one lug and blue/yellow wire (13-3) on the other.  13-3 connects to a switch blade on all three jackpot relays are are mounted on the insert board.

the flasher lamp has blue wire (20) and red/white wire (15-3) on the socket.  20 is going to one side of all the lamp sockets, so it could be a bare wire.  15-3 goes to all the jackpot relays on the mating switches that 13-3 is connected to.

that leaves the switch on the relay:

center blade : yellow wire (30)
NC blade above it : blue/orange wire (27-3) that goes to blades on all 3 jackpot relays
NO blade below it : blue/yellow wire (23-3) that goes to the 14 lamps

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 02:17:27 PM »
I will try to follow those instructions and see how I make out. Wish I had a video of how the lights flash. Is it just the arrows or does the yellow jackpot flash also.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 10:00:03 PM »
typically the lights around the perimeter of the top insert would flash.

I don't recall a glass with arrows like you have.

can you post a higher res picture or email highest possible res picture to slotpics@cdyn.com?

also, do you have the plate on the outside cabinet below the handle, and if yes, what is the top number on it?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 03:29:01 PM »
831-5ZJ I have listed as a "lightning sequential fruit" 22 stop machine build for the holiday international corp.

the reel tapes would be m-222-[355-357] on the below if you want to confirm.

also below is a typical flash circuit from an 831.  The only "sequential fruit" schem I found didn't have the flashing.

if you're stuck, please post email pics of:
1] both sides of the lamp panel behind the upper glass
2] the cut wires

note it's possible your game never had the flasher relay.  The wiring harness may have had the wires, but they would be tied in the harness unused.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2021, 05:57:29 PM »
Yes those are the numbers on my reel strips. Even if the machine never had flashing lights I’m guessing it shouldn’t be very hard to get them flashing if I could see exactly where the wires from the relay go on the bar relay switches. The schematic in the book is not very helpful as to where wires actually would hook to.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 01:07:56 AM »
bar relay?

the flash relay switches only interact with the bottom/center/top jackpot relays and the lamps.

if you have pics of the jackpot relays, including the wiring on the switches so the wire colors are visible, that will help.

per the schem in the above post, the same red/yellow and red/white wires are on a switch on each of those three relays, and a blue/orange wire is also on a switch blade on all three.

if you have those, then if should be very easy to hook up the flasher relay.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 08:52:35 AM »
 The labels on the relay mount say bar relays.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2021, 08:53:43 AM »
Here’s the wires to the relays

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 831-5ZJ jackpot lights relay and #455 bulb
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 09:58:19 AM »
the bar relay labels are another hint the machine didn't start life as a typical 831.  All the ones I have schems for have top/center/bottom "jackpot" or "777" relays.

many 831's have a bar relay, but not three of them.

take a look at those three relays for switches that have three blades - long blade poking through a lifter slot and blades above/below it.

what wire colors are on the long blades?

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 10:02:36 AM »
Each relay had 2 of the 3 blade switches. One of the 3 blade switches on each relay is not being used for anything.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 10:05:07 AM »
And it doesn’t appear I have any of the wire color combination that you say will work the flasher.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2021, 05:00:36 PM »
not surprising since it didn't have a flasher relay either.

1] are there lamps behind the arrows/"jackpot" on the backglass?  If yes, have you seen them light?

2] are there lamps behind the 7's in the top glass and when do they light?

the idea for the flashing is the entire perimeter flashes.  When those are off the winning 777 line and panels on each side of it flash on ... so they alternate.

the non-winning 777 lines/panels stay turned off.

ignoring the perimeter lights for the moment, I'd guess what you have now is like the green lines in the below schem.  Instead of a SPDT (3 blade) switch you have a SPST (2 blade) NC (normally closed) switch on each of the three relays acting like the blue lines.

if that's right, you'd disconnect those SPST switches and wire in the SPDT ones per the red lines.

now you need normally open (NO) switches on the relays for the flasher lamp circuit.  Assuming you don't have spare switches and longer screws laying around you could add switches to a stack, you'd rearrange the blades from the now free SPST switch to change it from NC to NO.  That means unscrewing the stack and taking it apart a little, which if you are lucky may be easy as the three switches are assemblies that are just stacked on top of each other and you flip over the one you want to change.

it's a bit of work, but doable.  To make a really good job of it tho you'd want the right wire colors, and that's easiest to get from someone with a parts machine.  A bally pinball machine would have them also if it's new enough to have all plastic-covered wiring.

if you aren't familiar with the wire color codes, there's a sticky topic that describes it.  The schematics all have a chart on them as well.

Offline Special k

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »
As of right now the orange lights with that row of 7’s comes on with first coin. Blue with the Dow if 7’s on second coin and green with 7’s on third coin. If you hit watermelons or better then all the arrows and the yellow jackpot light up and stay on until next coin is inserted. So to answer your first question, all the bulbs work and do come on at some point.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal