New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha GameMaker - NVRAM write failed during clear AND NVRAM driver mount fail  (Read 13279 times)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Having a hell of a time trying to (remotely, machine isn't with me) figure out why a clear can't be done on a 1gb MPU. The errors it's throwing are...

clearNVRAM - Write Failed

NVRAM - driver mount failure

NVRAM low battery

All batteries have been changed with no luck. The problem started with a 1gb board swap from another WORKING GameMaker.. (1ghz bios, cali juris, 336 OS) The bios, OS, and jurisdiction were changed during this time also.. Even when reverting back to the original functional 323 OS, bios for that, and juris for that it wouldn't allow a clear. I can get the bios and juris info if needed, don't remember it off the top of my head, but it DID work until this swap.

I'm lost, I have never seen these errors in person..............  :pos_computer: 

*added 3rd pic of trying to clear the same MPU with the OEM 336, matching bios for 336, and juris.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:48:04 PM by Harvs »

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Just a shot in the dark. If he's using copies CF cards, try original on Bally CF.
I have a 1 GB that will not take copies.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Just a shot in the dark. If he's using copies CF cards, try original on Bally CF.
Not sure if it's OEM, will ask.. But he did send a pic of successfully clearing another (S9) 1gb Alpha with the same..  Stumped..

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
I have other 1GB no problem W/cards. This one only likes Bally CF cards.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
I have other 1GB no problem W/cards. This one only likes Bally CF cards.
He has 2 of the the other style 1gb's (512 looking type).. One clears fine, one shows those errors..

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Was worth a try to check. Guess he has another problem.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Was worth a try to check. Guess he has another problem.
Thanks for the tips. - This will be the 3rd bad 1gb MPU I have had in the past month.. One beeps constant then does nothing, one may or may not boot when turned ON, and now this one.. All with OEM software and matched to the matrix.

:banghead:

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Software combo match on bios and juristiction, correct os sys and correct clear card needed.  Can't use bullsheet clear card that you keep erasing over to change your clear os-range.  Ie 223-to 335 etc.  Yes, may work on one but not another.  -old/new style 1-gig box.   Check the "matrix"  Also folks love to remove things and install their "tito" juristiction chip before they ever try things out.  "Calif. tribal".  Skimping on correct cf cards,batteries,etc. just causes problems.  Always nice to deal with something that is all orginal down to the cards etc. and tested and prooved working.  I have heard it many times- "it works on this but not that"  Well,  This and that are diff.  My 2-cents. 

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Software combo match on bios and juristiction, correct os sys and correct clear card needed.  Can't use bullsheet clear card that you keep erasing over to change your clear os-range.  Ie 223-to 335 etc.  Yes, may work on one but not another.  -old/new style 1-gig box.   Check the "matrix"  Also folks love to remove things and install their "tito" juristiction chip before they ever try things out.  "Calif. tribal".  Skimping on correct cf cards,batteries,etc. just causes problems.  Always nice to deal with something that is all orginal down to the cards etc. and tested and prooved working.  I have heard it many times- "it works on this but not that"  Well,  This and that are diff.  My 2-cents.
Agreed.  (All cards, bios and juris are OEM. The clear is not from what I was just told)

The problem still needs to be figured out, seeing I have never seen the probs I was hoping someone has and can shed some light. For an MPU to throw errors must mean something.?. I have tried searches with no luck on the issue..

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Have him check the mpu for bent pins on the connectors to the backplane.  Since this originated when the mpu was removed/re-inserted.  Worth a try since nothing else makes sense.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I see.  It just sounds like you have a run of bad mpus then.  Surely it could not be anything else. 

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
I see.  It just sounds like you have a run of bad mpus then.  Surely it could not be anything else.
One known bad when machines purchased..., One that took a few flicks to fire up, known when machines purchased..., One to try and fix the other (3 total 1gb MPU's). Not saying this one is dead, just asking what the errors are or if anyone has seen the errors even?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Yes,  I would start looking at things like rick said....

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
One known bad when machines purchased..., One that took a few flicks to fire up, known when machines purchased..., One to try and fix the other (3 total 1gb MPU's). Not saying this one is dead, just asking what the errors are or if anyone has seen the errors even?

First thing to change when you get "new" machines that don't fire up the mpu is change the mpu power supply with known good one.  Then the 5/12v one and then the 24 volt one.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG

First thing to change when you get "new" machines that don't fire up the mpu is change the mpu power supply with known good one.  Then the 5/12v one and then the 24 volt one.
Swapped power supplies on the 2 known shit MPUs with no luck, ended up accepting the fact that I needed to replace them both.. That brought me to use one of my personal 1gb's and then buying this one to cure the prob. Not sure whats causing this, but it did work (seen pics, bought from buddy) and now it throwing these errors which I wish I knew what the errors are all about. Never seen them!!

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Check what the backplane chip# is please,  I have also been researching this.  Please set back up the mpu to what it was when received with the proper bios and jurs. set up to run on 336 os sys.  Please use a proper 335 clear card.  ****as a note for all the box being used is the 1-gig -non-upgradeable***** from what I seen in this thread.   Also It was stated that a 1 gig upgradeable works in the alpha gamemaker hd.   Harv.  It looks like you have multiple issues from your first post here.  Battery issues and ?   Both on Game maker hd's.  Two diff. machines, one post, one fix.  All the answers to the fix are in this thread now.  Good luck,  Keep us up-dated and don't fib--- :Tongue_Out: .

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Check what the backplane chip# is please,  I have also been researching this.  Please set back up the mpu to what it was when received with the proper bios and jurs. set up to run on 336 os sys.  Please use a proper 335 clear card.  ****as a note for all the box being used is the 1-gig -non-upgradeable***** from what I seen in this thread.   Also It was stated that a 1 gig upgradeable works in the alpha gamemaker hd.   Harv.  It looks like you have multiple issues from your first post here.  Battery issues and ?   Both on Game maker hd's.  Two diff. machines, one post, one fix.  All the answers to the fix are in this thread now.  Good luck,  Keep us up-dated and don't fib--- :Tongue_Out: .
The machine is not here to mess with.. I am only going off what I am being told and the pictures I am being sent. I purchased the MPU, I am the one to fix the MPU. Fibs?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
Did he check the pins on the mpu that connect to the backplane?

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Did he check the pins on the mpu that connect to the backplane?
He said he did while replacing the batteries.

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Something else to check since another MPU was put in. Hope you follow me. On the plastic around pins on MPU & mother board make sure the notches in plastic match & mpu goes in all the way. About a year ago I had one that all but 1 notch were the same & it would not seat in all the way. Anything is worth checking. 

PS-After thinking about it, the one set of pins looked like it was upside down. Wires were the same so with a die grinder I ground the nibs to fit & mpu worked.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal