New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Error when exiting a game or loading a game  (Read 1772 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Error when exiting a game or loading a game
« on: February 04, 2023, 05:10:26 PM »
I've got a g20 with a 3.0 625 bb, 2gb ram, new SSD har :1:d drive that otherwise runs quick with no lag.

Occasionally I get the error in the picture when coming from the game menu when the game starts to load or when leaving the game and going to the game menu to select another game.

I've tried replacing the PCI card which has a new boot chip in it as it does the same thing.  Sometimes I can play the machine for awhile with no issues.  The machine has about 76% nvram.

Also, I'll occasionally get a button panel tilt that has to do with the font size.  This issue has only happened when trying to load and play a hot roll game.  Both issue clear with a power cycle and things to good again and I can play the hot roll game without any issues.

Any thoughts on what might the issue be?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Error when exiting a game or loading a game
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 05:17:58 PM »
Have you tried it with 4gb ram?

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 05:31:43 PM »
I'm going to give it a try. 

I can put in another 2 gb stick in and the os will configure for the increased memory or do I need to make any changes?

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 06:32:38 PM »
The machine runs noticably faster with 4gb memory however same error occurred.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 06:43:22 PM »
Aren't you running a GK package? Maybe the Hot Roll game just doesn't work well with it or the GK OS.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline millionaire2k

• millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 07:24:20 PM »
" I'll occasionally get a button panel tilt that has to do with the font size.  This issue has only happened when trying to load and play a hot roll game."

I also get the button tilt when loading a Hot Roll game.  Like you said, a restart fixes the issue and it's very random.  Issue may happen once every other month or so.

However I do not get the full screen error you're asking bout. 

My guess is the 2 issues are not related.

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 07:31:40 PM »
Hi RB,

Yes, I am running GK 8.3R and the os_b03.  It doesn't just happen to Hot Roll Super Times pay though that, so far, is the only game I occasionally get the button deck tilt.  I did replace all the fans on the bb also.  It doesnt seem to be heat related.  I am running a pny ssd which people have better luck with Sandisk.  I do know a few ppl that run PNY ssd and have good luck. 

I may try a whole other bb and see if it persists unless there is other ideas.  When the game runs, it works well. 

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 07:39:56 PM »
Thanks Millionaire2k.  I agree the two aren't related.  Power cycling isn't the end of the world though I hope to figure out why the other error happens when loading a game or exiting.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 07:56:11 PM »
Hi RB,

Yes, I am running GK 8.3R and the os_b03.  It doesn't just happen to Hot Roll Super Times pay though that, so far, is the only game I occasionally get the button deck tilt.  I did replace all the fans on the bb also.  It doesnt seem to be heat related.  I am running a pny ssd which people have better luck with Sandisk.  I do know a few ppl that run PNY ssd and have good luck. 

I may try a whole other bb and see if it persists unless there is other ideas.  When the game runs, it works well.

I have had good luck with PNY drives but they are the OE ones found in IGT brain boxes, not the cheap ones like you find on Amazon.
Good luck also with the Sandisk Extreme Pro recently installed in my personal machine. Also great service from Intel DC3500 series. Oddly enough, I had repeated problems with a Samsung EVO but I swear by them in my laptops.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2023, 08:08:03 PM »
I've been using cheap Amazon PNY SSDs in my 660 brainboxes with no problems at all.  I've been using these: PNY CS900 120GB 3D NAND 2.5" SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - (SSD7CS900-120-RB)  $15.99 at the moment.  YMMV.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 09:15:15 PM »
I’m convinced that the Triple Double Diamond Hot Roll button tilt resolved with a power cycle issue is definitely software related.  It depends on what the last game played was before loading Triple Double Diamond Hot Roll.  If I play Miss Red, exit, and load up Triple Double Diamond Hot Roll, I always get the button panel tilt error.  At first I was thinking a cable related problem…nope.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 09:34:27 PM »
Thanks tilt and rb for the drive info.  Tilt, that's the drive I'm actually using also. 

That's interesting Yo.eddy.  I have Lil Red on also.  I might try and come in and out of those and see if that sparks a button deck tilt also.

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 09:37:35 PM »
I received this error by pushing the test button after the error came up on the red screen pictured above.

Offline millionaire2k

• millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2023, 11:30:18 PM »
I’m convinced that the Triple Double Diamond Hot Roll button tilt resolved with a power cycle issue is definitely software related.  It depends on what the last game played was before loading Triple Double Diamond Hot Roll.  If I play Miss Red, exit, and load up Triple Double Diamond Hot Roll, I always get the button panel tilt error.  At first I was thinking a cable related problem…nope.

Jason

I have the same exact issues with the same games.  It doesn't bother me.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2023, 06:21:43 AM »
Simple solution: Disable the game(s) that are causing the issue. If the problem still persists, consider wiping and reloading but I would use a newer OS than B03. I have B0E if you need it.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=22365.msg121385#msg121385

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »
Simple solution: Disable the game(s) that are causing the issue. If the problem still persists, consider wiping and reloading but I would use a newer OS than B03. I have B0E if you need it.

Unless you have GK8.3R loaded.  B0E won’t work with that, right, Ron?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2023, 12:32:55 PM »

Jason

Yes B0E works. It is the latest Family 14 GK OS that I am aware of.

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2023, 12:33:13 PM »

Jason

8.3r is working with the BOE.  Slowly loading games to it to see what works.  So far have the  Super times pay hot roll, fishing Bob, ringling brothers, red-hot respin playing and thing has been solid.  Will keep testing and eventually add Texas hold em and a few others.

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2023, 07:58:36 PM »
Ok, the wife is telling me I'm doing to much 'testing'.  So I am calling the machine good!  The machine is now running great with no apparent issues.  Probably the biggest improvement was installing the BOE os.  It was night and day!   As far as the slow loading games/exiting games stated in the post above, Texas Hold 'em seemed to be the culprit.  Selecting it to play was fine.  It was exiting it that would start the issues upto and including the slow loading of games as well as the machine rebooting trying to load a new game after exiting Texas Hold 'em.  Here's a link to someone mentioning a similar issue.  https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=31784.msg168477#msg168477

Here's my set up if anyone is having weird issues, slow loading, machine reboots, etc:

G20 with MLD
BOE - os
GK D02 8.3R
4 GB Ram
Blackfin board updated to BFDB011E
Eprom on Blackfin updated to EFB0005

This configuration ran all the games I had issues with before including the Hot Roll games.

Thanks to RB and everyone who commented!  A lot was learned and I appreciate it.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2023, 11:27:34 PM »
It should be noted that these machines were not designed to run the myriad of game choices we are now installing on these machines due to the flexibility of the show chips.  IGT deployed these cabinets with specific games installed that had been designed to run well with each other.  As we install games based on a whim, we are bound to run into the issues described above, where certain specific traits of some games will necessarily cause issues working on a multi-game environment.  There are games that were meant to run by themselves and putting them on a multi-game environment will cause issues.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal