New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 4726 times)

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
What is this?
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:31:57 AM »
I wonder if somebody here know what this unit is? Name and what does it do? Hmmm can''t upload a pic... But here it is: http://i60.tinypic.com/10zsarr.jpg It's placed in the top-unit left at the bottom.
I have still not found what is wrong with my payout problem http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=27058.0
Maybe this unit is involved...

In the old forum said jim k-falls: looks like a cam motor with mabe an odds follower..ive got one on my 891 continental But more exactly what does that unit?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:05:00 PM by Joeylc »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 04:56:08 PM »
Looks kinda like an odds follower from a continental.  It should run during multiple coin pays.  Don't dick with the switches....
Bally used at least 3 kinds of hopper types.  One is straight coin pays with multipliers (those X units you hear so much about), the double-up type of hopper (in which a mechanical step is held down by a solenoid), and the Continental type.  The Conty, resets after paying one coin's worth once for every additional coin played as coins in.  The conty is a 6 coin machine, so the hopper will reset 5 times if you play full odds.   If your machine fritzes during 4 coin odds pays, what does it do on 5 odds and 6 odds pays???

What does an odds follower do?  It works a whole bunch of stuff, and frankly I don't know enough about it to talk about it.  You can trace back the switch wires to get a good clue.  If the machine has an odds disc, well the follower then will allow it to step up to the next increment of payout.  I would gather it also kills the coin lockout coil, and perhaps keeps the features lights off during pays, and maybe resets the safety timer motor, kills power to payboard during payfingers reset, causes the payboard reset solenoid to fire at the right time, looks for pay to be over (to reset??)and who knows what else??
It would be good for us to have on line what this unit does, so I encourage anyone to help fill in the info on the nasty thing.
Historians will be forced to following the wiring, too....
Let us know the status on how the 5th and 6th coin odds pays go, and please, where do your hopper payboard wiper fingers end up in these cases?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:42:43 PM by DonnerPartyofAte »
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »
I think if that was in a pinball machine, it would be called a Score Motor. It appears to have 12 cams. One of the cams will have 10 or 12 bumps on it, which generate pulses to step up the replay unit, credit counter, or whatever it's called on a Continental. The other cams probably operate to switch in the payout counter on every pulse, every second pulse, every third, etc depending how many coins were played.

<edit> I reviewed the original thread and see this is indeed a replay Continental. How come it's trying to pay directly from the hopper, instead of racking up the counter?

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 06:19:04 AM »
could be a unit  from a upright (flasher slot)

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »
DPO8 has got it. Its the exact same unit as I have in my Continental slot.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal