New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Call Attendant Machine Fault  (Read 13790 times)

Offline cobra617

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cobra617 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Call Attendant Machine Fault
« on: February 04, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »

Hi all,
I have a Bally Alpha touchscreen (no reels) running Lucky Luigi's Pizzeria which is now refusing to boot.

The machine boots up seeming successfully through the text mode portion. It then goes to the graphical Bally Alpha splashscreen.
After a few minutes I get an error message:
"Call Attendant" and it hangs there. About a second or so before that message comes up, I hear a little twitch noise coming from the dbv or the bill holder. (more info below)

If I insert the reset key and turn, I get a bit more info:

Machine Fault
Process Fault=GameMgr (977)
Turn Attendant key to reboot

Here is a little background on what happened before this error came up.

After playing for a while, I needed to add more credits. I was trying to add credits via the dbv (MEI Cashflow SC series) with some $100 bills. It took a couple of bills and registered them correctly. After 2-3 it then refused to accept additional bills. I popped the door to see if there was an obvious reason for the dbv to not be taking bills. (like something being jammed in there)

It looked clear. I then popped the dbv to get a better look. (I wasn't paying attention and I did this with the machine powered on...really hoping that this isn't what caused my issue)

I noticed that all of the lights were lit on the dbv. (Green Amber Red). I powered the machine down. Upon bootup the dbv kept turning over and over (forward and reverse). It kept doing this on multiple reboots. I pressed a button on the front left of the dbv thinking this might reset it. (I have no docs on this so this was a wild guess) The dbv seems to come up normally now when I power on the machine. It "turns" only one time and then it lights its green light that flashes very slowly. (Hoping that this is green slow flash means "ok").

Any thoughts?

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:32:54 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Call Attendant Machine Fault
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 06:36:09 PM »
So now it boot's up to what pending status and you should see viedo.  All doors closed and let boot up all the way as your box takes a while to boot.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 06:49:42 PM »
It boots to the splashscreen and apparently it is booting ok. After a few mins is when the Call Attendant error message comes up. It seems to be hung. I've let it sit there for up to 40mins (when it worked it takes about 10-15 mins to boot). It never seems to boot into the game.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »
Try unplugging bill validator and see if it advances and gives you "pending status for bv" and try clearing it and setting up again.  If unplug advances you in screens you know you made progress and would know what problem is.  Never plug or unplug componets HOT --While they are on.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »
OK. I will try to boot without the dbv. I know about unplugging hot components. I don't know what I was thinking. I was so involved with checking the dbv, I forgot that the machine was powered up.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »
It's ok.  Let us know.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:59 PM »
Ahh crud. I removed the dbv and I get the same Call Attendant message. The only slight difference was when I insert the reset key the message is:

Machine Fault
Process Fault=GameMgr (979)
Turn Attendant key to reboot

(Previously the "code" was 977)

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »
Not a good sign but did you do a clear and set it up again? 

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
I guess I need to buy a clear chip.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
Ok,  You need to know what you are running.  Your OS- operating sys cf .  You prob. have a 512 box.  That will dictate the clear cf card you need and many vendors or members here can help you with that.  It is imperitive to have a clear for any platform you are using being Bally,IGT or WMS --etc.  To clarify just state your OS and that will dictate the clear needed.  **OS is top card in mpu, Lwr is Game ***

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 07:46:58 PM »
Thanks again. I don't know how to tell what version my O/S is. I will look around to find out how.
I had earlier asked the seller I had bought it from and he said that I need a 335CF.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:05:08 PM by cobra617 »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:10 PM »
How big is your OS cf card?  Is it 2GB, if it is, they you need clear 335.  If it is 64MB, then it can be a number of them.  You can also pull out the mpu and read us the label on top of the rom chip, that will also tell us what clear to use.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »
I pulled the O/S card out and it shows
2GB

AVOS00000336-09
So it looks like a 335CF is what I need.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »
The dealer I bought it from is somewhat local to me. I'll see if he has any clear cards to sell me.

Thanks.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 08:18:23 PM »
One more question. Any other troubleshooting steps for me to try before I can get the clear chip? I am looking to calm my nerves as I am so stressed about this machine right now.

I really wish I had another Alpha where I could swap the MPUs/dbv/etc to narrow down the problem.

Been stressed at work and this problem is compounding my stress. I am freaking myself out as I am looking at this as being a $1000+ paperweight right now. What do we think would be the worst case scenario? My big concern is that I'll have to spend a lot of money to diagnose/fix it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:36:04 PM by cobra617 »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »
Worst case scenario new mpu, backplane, and validator, about $200-$250 depending on the cost of validator.  The backplane around $60 retail, the mpu (256mb version) around $100, plus the cost of the validator, if it is a mars, around $80 I would guess.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 08:53:06 PM »
One more question. Any other troubleshooting steps for me to try before I can get the clear chip? I am looking to calm my nerves as I am so stressed about this machine right now.

I really wish I had another Alpha where I could swap the MPUs/dbv/etc to narrow down the problem.

Been stressed at work and this problem is compounding my stress. I am freaking myself out as I am looking at this as being a $1000+ paperweight right now. What do we think would be the worst case scenario? My big concern is that I'll have to spend a lot of money to diagnose/fix it.

Ok, first of all, stay calm...there's nothing we can't fix here! Just stay with us!    :yes:

Not to add insult to injury, but if your local "dealer" isn't willing to help you through this (given the machine was bought somewhat recently), then why is he still your go-to??? There are plenty of d***s selling machines that can give a rats ass after if leaves their shop. If he's one of them, then do NOT give him another PENNY! Buy what you need from someone here or, hell, even from eBay, but don't support him any longer!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 09:08:21 PM »
Thanks for talking me off the ledge CVSlots.  :yes:  I have been under a ton of stress lately as I've had to shell out over $6000 in unexpected costs. (busted transmission, problems with my HVAC were the main culprits) and the thought of this machine being dead and costing me more money almost sent me over. Oh and I found out I need to have 2 surgeries...(more money grrrr!!!!)  So thanks again for talking me down. :thank_you:

In my dealer's defense I haven't gone to him yet. He was a pretty nice guy so I'll hit him up on a PM (he is a regular here).

Do you all think that this is a reasonable request for me to ask of him?

- If I could bring my MPU and dbv over to his place to try in another machine?  If my MPU comes up with the same error in another machine, I'll ask if he can perform a clear....(I'd buy the clear chip from him) and if that doesn't fix it, I'll get a replacement MPU (I'd buy it from him if he has one as I don't know if pulling the dbv hot made things worse)
- If the MPU boots fine without the clear, then I know we are looking at the backplane or dbv.

Again, the dealer hasn't given me any reason to doubt his integrity. I came here first as I didn't want to be that "pest" customer. I typically am able to take care of things myself but I am stuck at this point.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
Worst case scenario new mpu, backplane, and validator, about $200-$250 depending on the cost of validator.  The backplane around $60 retail, the mpu (256mb version) around $100, plus the cost of the validator, if it is a mars, around $80 I would guess.

Thanks Rick. Sorry to be such a drama queen but it has not been a good month for me. If I know that worst case scenario is $200-$250, I can sleep stress free tonight.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
Hey, we've all been where you are. The "talking me off the ledge" thing made me laugh though. its not wuite that bad (I hope, lol!). When you have money tied up in something that's not performing, it can be stressful. These things are supposed to be enjoyable, not stressful!

Your requests do not sound unreasonable at all (again, given it hasn't been like a year since you bought the machine). Components DO go out, it's not like he's on the hook for LIFE for every component in the machine, forever! But, if its been a reasonable time since you bought the machine, I would certainly think he would be fair??? Ask him to test your MPU. No big deal. If it comes up bad, ask him to sell you a good one (a 512mb is under $100). I wouldn't expect a bill for the test, but he could charge you, depending on how long it's been?

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal