New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 - Turned on and..................  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Brokenwizard

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Brokenwizard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 - Turned on and..................
« on: June 13, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »
Hope I'm in the right place been long time since I logged on.
Turned on my S2000 and got alarm with flashing candles (no error codes)
Top candle flashes slow and bottom flashed fast. Bill changer cycles
Front lights up but no codes appear.
Is this a dead battery? It's been off a long time and I never saw a low battery error.

As always any help\suggestions will be appreciate

UPDATE Changed battery did Clear\Key procedures and made a little progress. I now can get the service, Spin and max bet lights on but no message or menus in the display. I might be missing something in the clear\key procedures as I always get
confused as to the door being open or closed and when open should the door switch be pulled on.
I have a second board but it's waiting for a battery (voltage read 1.7 volts on it) Plus I bent a pin on the key chip so now I need to find where I can purchase another and the SAGA continues

Another clue. I Noticed that when the bill collector recycles there is a click like the reels should start spinning, which they do not.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:42:58 PM by Tacman »

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 - Turned on and..................
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:32:33 PM »
The alarm normally only goes off when there is a ram or eeprom error. this normally happens when the battery gets to low. But normally the VFD display would say ram error. Does the display say anything at all? Do any of the LED's light up on the MPU during boot up?   

Offline Bspun04

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Bspun04 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
like brianfink said, alarm goes off when ram or eeprom error so it sounds likes your machine is working fine but your VFD is out. Depending on if you have a ribbon cable or molex connectors, ribbons go bad after being kinked or could have a loose connection. If that isn't the problem, then you need to repair or buy a new VFD. Better yet, swap out with a working one (if you have) to confirm this. Hope you get it up

Offline Brokenwizard

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 06:29:30 AM »
Latest on my problem. Still waiting for battery for my other MPU board. The alarm no longer sounds  but the reels still don't spin and no messages display. Reason I suspected the battery is the machine was off a long time (never had a battery replaced that I Know of) and it was working the last time it was turned on. So what could go wrong just sitting besides the battery?

anyway thanks for the help an I'll let you know what happens with the second mpu soon as I get the battery.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:38:59 AM »
Which MPU board do you have installed, 500 series or 1270 enhanced

Offline Brokenwizard

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 01:33:32 PM »
I have two they both fail the same way.
How do I tell which they are 500 or Enhanced?
Board serial is D39508 Model 1952-0 that's on the board. On the board tray it says
59734700 rev a 5/03
105565 LH
But I'm getting to the point where I'll have to find someone locally
to repair it or put in the scrap heap...very frustrating.

Offline Bspun04

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 03:11:27 PM »
think its the parts number or p/n is how they show it...starts with a 755. p/n will let you know what board you have

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 03:18:32 PM »
Enhanced board will have a hinged/floppy handle on the MPU tray. 500 series boards have a fixed handle on tray.

The green circuit board will have a white sticker on it that indicates the board number. It will be 7551501, 7551502, 7551504, or 7551270.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Brokenwizard

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »
Both boards have 7551050 etched on them. The tray handle is solid no hinge.

Do these machine have any fuses?

After doing the battery replacement procedure (many times) It just doesn't show any message.
When the machine is supposed to initialize it clicks but the reels never spin and the candle flashes

Guess I'll be looking for a reliable repair shop.

Update. Ordered both the display and controller board plus received an offer of help from a local member. We'll see how it go's when I get the parts
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:12:07 PM by Brokenwizard »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
What does the display show? It should have SOMETHING displaying. If the display is blank (like NO characters at ALL), then something could be up with the display itself, as the display is NEVER completely blank.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Bspun04

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »
like cvslots said, its has to show something. I dont think it matters about the battery in this case...i think you are stuck on that for some reason. The display will show you main battery low when it barely has anything left so pretty sure thats not the problem here. You need to check your connections to the display first. if you have a ribbon cable, try getting a new one and start there since ive had problems with old ones before(mostly scrambled displays that is why im leaning on your display as being bad)... if no chance of being bad ribbon i would go head and buy a new display unless you can repair it. Ive had to replace displays before for s2000s. Not many but it happens from time to time.

As for the reels, if you cant see then I think it could be a message coming up as "reels disconnected". I turn it off and re-sit the reels and then disconnect/reconnect its connector(its black on the lower right of the backplane)on the mpu backplane. That usually works for that problem, then try to close and open the latch multiple times to clear that tilt if thats the case here. We can't know until we can see on the display so lets stick to that for now then we can figure out your reel problem.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 07:21:06 PM »
If you've checked all the plugs to be sure everything is tight, the battery to be sure it's in correctly (+/-) and you're sure all the chips on your board are seated properly it may turn out you have a power supply issue. Pull the reels out and be sure it is also seated properly on the wall behind them and plugged in snuggly

Offline Brokenwizard

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »
How do you mark this as solved?

Bought a display cable and controller board. By process of elimination I found the culprit was  the controller board.
Thanks for all the help. Now if I can just get through the Clear - Key operation I should be fine

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »
Done. You have to go to the original post and change the icon.

Dan (tacman)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal