New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help with IGT  (Read 8234 times)

Offline Cobra

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Cobra New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need help with IGT
« on: June 18, 2015, 10:07:09 AM »
IGT, 3 reel,with bill validator, "Pay Five Times"Game.  Not sure of exact model.
Forgot and left on for two days--with credit on it.
Went to cash out and shut down,but couldn't. Noted Msg "NoDisp"
Restarted after open and closing door but same msg.  I shut down for the night.

Next day try restart and get
MSG "Starting Test of Memory"
Both candle lights flashing--to slow,bottom faster
All 3 reels spinning slow
MSG "Door Open M & Bill Validator Stacker open.

I checked the bill stacker door switch with a test meter and it shows good. Not sure what Open M is other than Main door?
What should I check?
Tks for any help

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:36:41 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Need help with IGT
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:21 AM »
If your door is closing tight and the door optics are good and aligned you could look at the vreen battery on the MPU and see if it's corroded

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
Tks for reply. Battery looks good, and shows 3.5V on it, could not see any obvious problem on the board.??

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 01:49:09 PM »
It's an S2000. Is the general reel tilt still going on? The reels turning slowly? If so with the machine on and the reels turning slowly, open the door and turn the reset key one time. That will stop the reels. Then close and latch the door and see if it spins to start a game. The door open m means the door has been opened. Let us know what message if any you are getting after clearing the tilt.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 02:13:35 PM »
We should move this topic to S2000 and vision games. To continue.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 04:52:45 PM »
The door open m means the door has been opened.

Minor clarification, Door Open means the door is CURRENTLY being sensed as open. Closure XX (XX being door code, such as M, B, etc) indicates the door HAS been opened, and is now sensed as closed.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »
I thought that's what I said. Sorry........ :Scratch-Head:
The door open m means the door has been opened.

Minor clarification, Door Open means the door is CURRENTLY being sensed as open. Closure XX (XX being door code, such as M, B, etc) indicates the door HAS been opened, and is now sensed as closed.

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 12:13:14 PM »
K,
I tried the reset key and nothing, all 3 wheels keep turning slow.  I don't have a ticket printer so whenever  I would hit "Cash Out"  I would have to use reset to clear the "Call Attendant"  msg so assume key switch working.
Anything else I can check??
Thanks al.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »
Well I guess if it was me I would try with the machine off, remove the bill stacker and reinsert it. Make sure it's all the way in. Close the door on the stacker and turn on the machine close the door and make sure the latch goes all the way down. Check to see if you're getting a closure M message. If it still says door open m it is still reading the main door open. If the closure m is there open the door and try the reset key again to see if it will stop the reels. We need to see what it is and isn't doing to try to get you in the right direction.

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 08:06:49 AM »
TKS,
This time after using reset key the reels stopped spinning.
Now on start up I get:
Display Passes
Testing Memory
next I get:
Bill stacker error
Closure B
Door open M

Tried reset key with no change

Note: The reels never started spinning

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:28 AM »
TKS,
This time after using reset key the reels stopped spinning.
Now on start up I get:
Display Passes
Testing Memory
next I get:
Bill stacker error
Closure B
Door open M

Tried reset key with no change

Note: The reels never started spinning

OK it says the bill stacker isn't lined up or some type of error. The belly glass is closed and the main door is still open. Check the door optics on the bill stacker and make sure one of the wires is not loose. It can be bypassed if needed by stripping the two green wires (on mine) and twisting the ends together. Check that stacker again for alignment and insertion. I would check the main door optics also since it says it's always open. You can check alignment with pencil marks on the cabinet and door to make sure they are lining up. Also if you have another bill stacker you might try that one in the machine to see if it makes a difference. And it might be a case of opening and closing and latching the door a few times to clear old errors. The errors on an S2000 "stack" so you have to clear them one at a time. Keep trying we'll get you there. :cool_thumb_up:

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »
Your bill stacker error may also simply be that the release lever for that cash can isn't getting fully returned to the lock position.
As far as door optics, as stated above, and this is recommended, remove the wires from the switch on the cash can housing door, strip the wires and tie them together. Do this also on the belly door switch. The main door optics could be misaligned or bad. The alignment procedure Shaggy mentioned should help you determine what the problem might be there

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 05:56:25 PM »
It sounds like the door open M is the problem. Make shore the latch goes all the way down when you shut the main door. If it is then check the belly door switch, open belly door (bottom glass) it is located in the top left corner in the machine, splice the wires together if they are not already spliced. I would then try to make shore the optics are lined up when you shut the door. If you still can not get it to register closure M then I would try to either bypass the optics or get new ones.   

Offline Bspun04

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Bspun04 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 06:16:01 PM »
I agree with shaggy that most likely a bad cash box would be causing this error. Just wondering, is your bill val cycling when the machine comes on? and does it sound like a normal cycle? As for the door open M, most likely will be optics as shaggy gave a good way to line them up. Also make sure your belly door switch is making good contact with the belly door as this will give you a door open M message as well since they are both connected in the wiring. bypassing the belly door switch is best way to go to make sure that switch isn't giving you problems since they can be finicky( as brianfink mentioned). Also, try changing out the door optics if you have another set to rule out any bad parts.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 06:42:53 PM »
I didn't mention it but, in the case of checking alignment on the door optics. Use masking tape on the door and cabinet so it will be easy to see. Also I've had bill stackers go bad out of nowhere.

Dave

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »
Update,
 Open,closed BV door, ck BV door latch, open close main door---both a number of times--at some point Iused reset key and the reels rolled and I could play--but I hit the "cash out"and used the key to clear the "call attendant" msg.
Put 1$ in and  played 4 times.
Shut off,waited and restarted .
Now after test get:
Top candle only flashing slow now
MSG reads :
"BV comm failure" :Scratch-Head:
TKS Guys.what next?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 06:02:18 AM »
When you start the machine up does the b/v sound like it always has or is it not cycling like it used to? I had to replace a bill stacker that went South one day out of no where. Could not get that thing to work. Worked great up until that day. You have to remember these parts are 20+ years old and they have been used a lot. Roz (CVSots) talks about some slides inside the cash cage that the stacker goes in, that have to be tweaked up sometimes. I will do some reading and see if I can find more info. Congrats on getting it to work for a bit. Getting closer all the time.

Offline billdern

• Reputation Power: 6
  • billdern New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 06:12:15 AM »
what b/v do you have? in one of mine I have a mei (yellow head) and sometimes I have to reseat the head when I get this error 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 06:20:05 AM »
I would try unplugging the BV harness behind the cash can housing, cycle the machine and see if it comes up ok, then turn it off, plug BV harness back in and restart it. Also check to make sure all BV components are seatex well.

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 02:50:16 PM »
Update-found time to mess with it again.
Tks Shag-let me no what u find

Bill- Yellow head? Like  how do u reset head?

Cowbow--I have 3  different connectors going to BV
1 has  5 green wires on one side
1 has 1 red and 1 blk wire
1 has 1 yel and 1 blk wire
Like witch one do I disco
Also, how do you get the connector apart?
Again TKs all

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal