New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help with IGT  (Read 8236 times)

Offline billdern

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • billdern New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Need help with IGT
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 03:32:30 PM »
looks like this one mine is worn have to reseat (not reset) by pulling on yellow part to lift up and reseat it
more likely not it but just know I have it happen to me
I would try what cowboy stated
Bill
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:36:20 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Bspun04

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Bspun04 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 04:36:27 PM »
Bill- Yellow head? Like  how do u reset head?

Cowbow--I have 3  different connectors going to BV
1 has  5 green wires on one side
1 has 1 red and 1 blk wire
1 has 1 yel and 1 blk wire
Like witch one do I disco
Also, how do you get the connector apart?
Again TKs all

as billdern just posted, yellow head is a MEI bill validator. 2 Others would be jcm which is blue and then wba which is usually silver housing i believe. Let us know which one you have.

as for the connectors from the harnessing, it sounds like you have a jcm bill validator. I dunno about all 5 wires being green? picture i looked up was green yellow orange red blue then the other 2 smaller ones are red and blk and yellow and blk. There is a long black and white but not needed in this setup if i remember right. I believe cowboy wanted you to disconnect all three by pressing on the black tab on the male connector and then seperate from white female connnector. Comes out pretty easy. Then start up game without giving the bv power and see what happens.

good luck hope we can get closer.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »
I think Cowboygames is right. If you disconnect all the leads it shouldn't make any difference. With the b/v disabled, the machine shouldn't recognize it and should boot up. Of course you won't have any credits but getting it up and running is the main priority. Then we can progress as to the problem with the validator. 
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Cobra

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Cobra New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »
Tried disconnecting the 3 plugs going to BV---started  up  get same  BV Comm msg.  Hooked plugs back up,restarted and still get BV Comm  msg.
BV has a WBA Tag.

I pushed and pulled on front of BV.   BTW, on the BV, just below where the bills go in it I found what looks like a latch that I could push down--I did try to pull on the BV but was afraid to pull on it too hard.[/size][size=78%]  [/size]
I know the cash can takes a good pull to remove it and special angle when it goes back in.
 :Scratch-Head:

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »
Here's a pic of mine. The little lever pushes down to remove the b/v. Push down and pull. Cowboy wanted you to disconnect the wiring harness and restart the machine.
Turn off before and start up after disconnect.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 06:55:53 AM »
Sry, somehow I deleted part of my last reply.
I tried disconnecting all three plugs in the back of Cash Can--changed nothing--get same msg.
Will mess with BV tonight.
TKS, I'll update afterwards

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 11:09:22 AM »
Sry, somehow I deleted part of my last reply.
I tried disconnecting all three plugs in the back of Cash Can--changed nothing--get same msg.
Will mess with BV tonight.
TKS, I'll update afterwards

OK let's see what we have here. You disconnected the b/v harness and started the machine and it's giving you the b/v comm failure error? Did you try opening and closing the door and latching it a couple of times to try and clear the error? It still could have stacked errors uncleared. We'll get to the bottom of this yet.
Dave

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »

Earlier I pulled the bill stacker (BS) out and found 2 switch heads at the back on the top of can--I put tape on both of them the,put the BS back in and started--still had the "BV comm" and now had a "BS Full" error msg.  When I had the BS out I noted what was a plastic tooth looking part that appeared to be missing--this is on top of the BS where the bills go in. I removed tape, restarted and just got the"BV Comm" msg.

Fast forward to last night  I start up machine, get "BV COMM"msg ,open main door, open cash can and pull out and reinsert it,as I lock door to BS I here the typical reset  going on, I close and locked main door and get the the "Insert Ticket or Bill Face Up"light come on :applause:

I've started & played it now a number of times and all is good--well not really. Now I wounder if I should start looking for a spare bill stacker or BV or both?

Regardless,it's working and  I thank each of you for your inputs and encouragement.
Salute :thank_you:

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »
I have extras of each. Great you got it going. Glad you stuck with it. And you didn't get discouraged. Yeah extras on those parts never hurt and help make a diagnosis much quicker. Enjoy your machine!

Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 04:01:35 PM »
Cobra you might want to mark your post as Topic Solved so everyone will know you got it fixed.  :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal