New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: blank display on S 2000  (Read 5791 times)

Offline hotchick

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • hotchick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
blank display on S 2000
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:40:38 AM »
I just change the cion battery on my cpu on my IGT S 2000.  Put the cpu back in and no display.  I had a display before changing the battery (I had a computer tech put the battery in).  What happened?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:47:00 PM by cowboygames »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: blank display on S 2000
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:42:09 AM »
Which display? The Win/Credit meter to the right of the reels or the blue VFD display left bottom of reels?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline hotchick

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 03:50:19 PM »
The whole display is dark.  But, when I put a Key chip 45 in place, there is no lighs up on the Cpu unit, however the display reads Displays NETPLEX link is down, when I have the key chip 45 in.
When I take the stepper chip and put it back in, the displays are dark.  The lighs on the Cpu come back on. The coin battery was just replace and reads 3.2 volts.
This is a  IGT S 2000 (year 2004). Five reel. :Scratch-Head:

Offline IFFV68

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »
You may already know this,
When doing a Key Chip make sure there are NO Credits on the Machine?
It won't work if Credits are on the machine.
It's not what you can afford to Buy?
It's what you can afford to keep!

Offline hotchick

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
Did that when doing the options key chip 45

Offline Bspun04

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Bspun04 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »
The whole display is dark.  But, when I put a Key chip 45 in place, there is no lighs up on the Cpu unit, however the display reads Displays NETPLEX link is down, when I have the key chip 45 in.
When I take the stepper chip and put it back in, the displays are dark.  The lighs on the Cpu come back on. The coin battery was just replace and reads 3.2 volts.
This is a  IGT S 2000 (year 2004). Five reel. :Scratch-Head:

OK so when you put the key chip 45, there shouldnt be any yellow lights on until the key chip is read by the machine. Usually it takes a few seconds and two will pop up. When you put in your stepper chip, are all lights on? and blinking red? If so, your board may have been damaged from the time you took it out to get the battery replaced or a chip might not be seated right. Also check the pins on the board for any bends. If all your lights arent all on, the netplex link is down could be due to a bad power supply and a reason why your key chip isnt applying as thats a good indication you need to change your power supply behind the reels.

Let us know about the board lights and we can go from there

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 05:16:43 PM »
Make sure your chips are oriented in the correct direction. The divot in the chip facing the right way.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 06:05:55 PM »
I agree with BSpun....sounds like a bad power supply.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:30 PM »
You said when you put the key chip in the display says netplex down that should happen, As Bspin said if you look at the leds on the mpu board with the key chip installed, the top most led should come on. In a few seconds the two yellow LEDs should then turn on. Is this still the case? If it is, all should be good. Then replace the game chip back on the board. If you would snap a picture of the MPU where all the game chips are please post it. Reinstall the MPU leave the door open and look at the display as you turn the game on. If there is nothing on the display at any time tell us what LEDs are lit up on the MPU. Close the door and see if anything comes on the display. I'm not ready to say you have a bad power supply yet.
Question I have for the group does a Key 45 work on 500 series boards? Usually I use a key 17
If you have an enhanced board then the key 45 is the correct one, post pictures of the MPU   

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline hotchick

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »
I do not have an enhanced board.  Is useing a key 45 has anything to do with it?  I had ordered a key 17 chip as per World Wide Gaming told me to. 
They said that it could be the problem.  They had sold me the Key 45 chip.  As far as the lights go on the CPU board, when I have a key chip in it, none of the lights come on even if I wait.  Top or buttom.  When the stepper chip is put back in the lights come on the CPU.  The two yellow light do not come on.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 07:12:30 PM »
I'm thinking the key 45 could be the problem also, I still want to see a picture of the MPU by the stepper chips and the battery while your waiting for a key 17.

Thanks
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »
I use key 45 on everything, never been a problem

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »
Cowboy good to know thanks

Offline hotchick

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 07:41:47 PM »
Lights

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 07:43:41 PM »
Could you post a picture of the mpu board with the chips and battery area

Offline hotchick

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »
CPU board

Offline Bspun04

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 07:50:37 PM »
Looks like you need a new mpu board if all your lights are on. is there a blinking red one when you have all them on? The chips look right so im not thinking its chip placement. 

Offline hotchick

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 08:11:37 PM »
The top two orange lights blink, the next two orange lights stay lite, the green light stay lite and the red light blinks.

Offline Bspun04

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:22 PM »
looking like you need a new mpu board. if you havent taken out your chips since the last time you used the board then I dont see them being a problem here. the blank screen makes sense as well when having a bad board.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 08:39:28 PM »
Just for kicks and grins, swap the two ram chips to each others sockets and try starting the game again

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal