New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 with enhanced MPU - Not booting  (Read 2180 times)

Offline jmine

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jmine New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 with enhanced MPU - Not booting
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »
Hey guys, thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me on this. The machine was working fine had the green battery and button battery replaced a few months ago. It started throwing the Netplex is down error when powering it on a few weeks ago. Usually simply turning it off and back on solved this, but today when I powered it down and back up I got nothing... all lights on the mpu are on, and the bottom red led is blinking every second. I had some extra new button batteries hanging around so tried replacing it, but same results. Any ideas? Thanks

Followup - I just checked the green battery voltage it was 3.8VDC and the button battery is 3.0VDC.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:00:23 AM by jmine »

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 with enhanced MPU - Not booting
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »
Every time I had this this on enhanced boards it was the green battery.
I wonder if it is a trace off that battery going somewhere that is bad?

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
I would try swapping power supplies if you have an extra one laying around.  The Netplex error is what is hinting me this way.

Offline jmine

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:01:09 PM »
slots4home, I see the +3.8V at CR5 and CR6, Not at Q2,Q3, or Q4 but don't think I should. I see discoloration but no broken traces. On the back I see the +3.8 at R489 and R486. See pictures.  Any Thoughts?

Also I have another machine, so I just swapped power supplies and the problem is still there. All lights on the mpu are on, and the bottom red led is blinking every second. No Display...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:20:50 PM by jmine »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
I see corrosion around the little components to the right.  Just because you don't see broken traces on top, doesn't mean there's no corrosive damage.  Once those batteries leak, there's untold damage.  The enhanced boards are pretty cheap nowadays, if you don't have the time to mess around, I would just buy a known working board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 02:06:27 AM »
I'm not seeing any solder on the top side of the green battery are you sure the new battery is making good contact? The top plus side must have good contact with the board. You might try to reflow that area.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline jmine

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 06:18:09 AM »
I tried touching up the solder on the battery and some of the components around it but still the same. I ordered a replacement board today. I'll let you know if that fixes the issue. Thanks.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal