New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Going Coinless  (Read 2292 times)

Offline stu34

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • stu34 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Going Coinless
« on: July 20, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
I have a S2000 slot machine that takes both coins and bills, I would like to remove the coins and everything to do with them, like the hopper, coin compare and so on, leaving just the bills.  I did do a search of the site but could not find any info on how to remove the coin stuff.  Does anybody have a write up or directions?
Thank you for any and all help.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:29:57 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Going Coinless
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
Basically just remove all coin related items.  You will need a jumper plug for the coin comparitor harness so you don't get the coin-in jam tilt.  There is also a setting in the keychip menu to turn on coinless.  You will also need a cover bracket to patch up the hole left behind when you remove the coin-in head.  So this is what you end up with outside of the machine.

1.  Hopper.
2.  Coin-in head.
3.  The whole coin-in assembly. Comparitor, optics, the bracket that holds them together.  You will also remove the coin diverter triangle looking piece.
4.  You can leave the hopper plug if you wish, or just remove it.  Most people just leave it there since it doesn't bother anything.

You will need to buy:

1.  Coin-in  bracket cover.
2.  Coin-in jumper plug.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline stu34

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:53:46 PM »
Thank you.  Good to know about the jump plug.  I have a spare button panel with the wiring harness, I will check and see if it has the jumper plug, I know it has the coin-in cover.  Looks to be easier than I thought, famous last words....

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
Can't you just cap the coin head with a cover plate and enable coinless mode in the menus? Set hopper limits at zero and you should be good to go. If you ever wanted to switch back it would make the process a lot simpler. Unless you're disposing of all the coin stuff I don't see the need to yank it all

Offline stu34

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 06:05:18 PM »
Worked like a charm, I did not even have to reset the machine or money, I must have turned it off before when I replaced the battery awhile ago.  It booted right up and is playing fine.  Wow a lot can be removed. 
Yes, I am getting all of it gone, it was the only one of my s2000 machines that had coin-in.  Thanks again for all your help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal