New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 coin in sequence error and coin diverter always energized  (Read 10361 times)

Offline Catalinafan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Catalinafan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S2000 coin in sequence error and coin diverter always energized
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 10:19:32 AM »
Well im being over concerned with diverter issue
My brain says its there dor a reason and it should work
TO try and clarify    When the coin diverter is plugged in for some unknown reason its staying energized and coins are diverted through overflow path   I know the easy answer is to simply unplug duverter then no issue
Like i said being too picky i know
Update to coinin sequence error.....
I found the guide that should have been for .25 is in fact labeled Ike-40 mm so with a temporary guide untill i get one it in working well
Thanks to all for guidance of better yet silving rhat issue
Take it all I've had too much for too long
(Al Bundy)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 10:50:02 AM »
It is most likely the I/O card. With the power off pull the card and make sure none of the pins are bent on it.
To buy a replacement card for this problem seems a little bit ocd just to have everything perfect. But that's my opinion.(your not related to Jason are you?)
I would just unplug the solenoid since I doubt you will ever fill the hopper at home.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 10:53:59 AM »
You are correct im being a lot picky  i will just leave the diverter unplugged
Related to jason? I have a brother jason
(Al Bundy)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »
Jason is Yoeddie1 here on NLG and he is well known for having perfect "Minty" kits and machines.
 :MINTY_2:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »
The only way to know for sure if the I/O board is bad is to try another one. There's still a possibility something else is telling the I/O board to activate the diverter. For example, like we talked about earlier, if the hopper probe or its wiring had a problem then it would signal the mpu to activate the diverter and the mpu would tell the I/O board to do it. In that case unplugging the I/O would deactivate the diverter but the I/O board wouldn't be what was causing the problem. But I think you said the diverter activates even with the mpu or hopper out of the machine. If so, then I'd think the I/O is the next thing to try if you pursue the problem.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 11:15:14 AM »
Nope not related
Think im the only one in the family that tries to be a perfectionist

Thank you everyone for all suggestions and guidance its greatly appreciated  i will shop around and gather price info for io board
(Al Bundy)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »
I do not think it's a wiring issue since it doesn't wait for the CPU to boot. It comes on immediately when powered up.
My money is on the I/O card and having a spare probably is not a bad idea anyway.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »
qbert and others- on a machine that is built as coinless at the factory, or if someone converts it to coinless, and the hopper isn't installed, do they insert a jumper wire (also called a loopback plug) somewhere in the machine wiring harness to force the diverter to the overflow position? That way if a coin was inserted it wouldn't drop into the lower cabinet and bounce around to cause a problem. Just thinking over the possibilities on a previously coinless machine.....
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 12:03:21 PM »
Not to my knowledge, I have converted many machines from coinless to coin never had any jumpers to add or remove.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
ok thanks. Do the coinless machines from the factory even have a coin entry slot on the player panel, just for appearance? If not then there'd be no worries about a stray coin falling into the lower cabinet anyway I guess.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 12:15:20 PM »
Coinless machines don't have a head or comparitor btacket assembly. They put a blanking plate on the outside of the player button panel

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2016, 12:16:50 PM »
The only jumper they install on coinless machines is for the comparitor harness

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 12:18:32 PM »
thanks cowboygames, good to know those details.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 12:24:09 PM »
Quick question or thought. When I had to setup my Mucho Dinero here a while back it was not setup for coins. I had the exact problem with the coins in, wrong size coin divertor, and going into the over flow. I ended up doing a clear and key to the machine, and after getting it set back up my coins were going into the hopper and not the over flow. Do you know what your game chips are? I always try to run the 363 in all my S2000 machines.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »
Just noticed i double posted this help request.  Sorry for any confusion
So onto diverter issue
To start the diverter is energized as soon as the power is turned on. Same with/without hopper same with/without mpu installed
Don't think that will help diverter energized with or without CPU.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal