New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2 No Signal  (Read 9903 times)

Offline Border01

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
WMS BB2 No Signal
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:46:03 PM »
Powered up my new machine with clear card installed all I get in the screen is no signal. Also noticed the CPU fan is not running. Not sure what to do?

James

Offline Border01

• Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: WMS BB2 No Signal
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:54:27 PM »
Noticed two fans on the CPU one on the side is running

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:09:37 PM »
Power off the machine and make sure your MPU is installed properly and fastened down tight.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »
Is this a bb2 cabinet or a bb1 cabinet that was converted.  I would make sure the DVI cable is connected to the main screen and it is not loose.  Did you buy the machine fully shopped or parts complete?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
Refastened it. Same issue. Is it possible I have the wrong clear card?   Or is it something else?

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »
Not the card.. Although that isn't OEM.

Make sure the monitor cables are snug on both the MPU and the monitor itself.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »
Checked all connections on monitors still no change. It is definately a bb2, I bought it from a reputable dealer so I assume it should be complete. The had to send the game I wanted separately from another branch so the machine came without the game preloaded. I notice one connection that is not plugged in that says spn

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
No signal on top monitor and bottom monitor?

Jason

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »
No signal on top or bottom monitor.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 07:50:31 PM »
The oled buttons don't light up either if that means anything?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 07:57:21 PM »
I suspect an MPU problem if the deck isn't coming on either.  The OLED deck is USB connected to the MPU.  Is it connected?

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 08:02:40 PM »
The oled deck sometimes shows nothing until the game starts booting and the MPU detects the deck.  The picture he posted showed that the MPU is getting power.  Check to make sure the memory simm is inserted correctly on the mpu.  I would remove it and re-install the memory simm.  If that doesn't do it.  I would remove and re-install the MPU, sometimes they get loose during shipping.  Is the reputable dealer not providing you with tech support to get your machine fired up?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 08:04:55 PM »
Yes it is connected. I guess I'll have to call the dealer on Monday I don't know anything about WMS machines.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
I got out of these some time ago so forgive me.  You stated the fan on the cpu is not running-The one mounted on there were the processor is?  Also It is not good for these to be open and running without the metal cover on the cpu as the fans cannot pull the air on the internal componets in there.  A burnt processor would exhibit all the symptoms you stated.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »
And the clear card is in the OS slot and not the Game slot right?

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
Barry is correct with the behavior of a bad CPU.  Erratic or no fan movement in addition to no video can be an MPU failure.  I've seen that same thing before.

Jason

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 08:29:41 PM »
I notice two fans on the mpu  one located on the side (working). One located on the board by the memory simm (not working). When the machine arrived it had no mpu cover so I called and had them send one to me. I removed and reinstalled the memory simm and reseated the mpu still no change. With it being the weekend the dealer is not open till Monday and I was just hoping to get it running

James

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 09:53:27 PM »
From my memory,  There is a fan mounted directly on the processor -the processor is embedded on the main board.  They usually have a heat sink on them (most look like aluminum fins).  Also in between this connection di-electric paste/grease is used.  These were notorious for the fan failing and burning up the processor--again from my memory.  You will probably need another bb-2 cpu unless there is something I missed in your posts. 

Offline iramack

• Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 07:05:01 AM »
Make sure the power supply is getting power properly from the distribution area at the bottom rear under the backplane.  Sometimes the mains  120v  power cords work a bit loose and they can cause these symptoms when you switch power on.  Power supply is bottom right side under the validator  cash box area.

Also,  does the Bill Validator light up briefly when you turn the power on?

Steve

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 10:49:44 AM »
The power supply is snug.  However, the first time I removed and reinstalled the power cord the lower screen was a white colour and th did not say no signal. The bill validator has a constant red light on and the ticket printer makes sounds and has a green light on

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal