New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Big Bertha Needs Some Babying  (Read 717 times)

Offline AceHollywood

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • AceHollywood New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Big Bertha Needs Some Babying
« on: January 31, 2021, 05:15:30 PM »
I have a request for some information and verification.

I have a Game King.  I’d like to clean this machine up and to do that I need to verify a few things.

1)    type of board this Game King has,
2)    confirm I can put a TITO in it and if so what printer should I get,
3)    verify the LCD monitor I need for a monitor upgrade, and
4)    are there any other upgrades I could/should do?

I’ve attached pics below.

The machine had been in storage for a few years and the 3v battery was dead.  I desoldered it and replaced it with a battery holder and new battery thanks to the DIY I found on the forums.  I’ll give myself a solid B for the soldering job.

There’s also a green 3.6v NiMH Varta battery on the board.  It had been replaced based on the soldering job I can see on the board – but that has to have been over 10-12 years ago.  I read the FAQ on it in – is the consensus to remove it, or should I leave well enough alone since it isn’t causing any issues/leaking?

If I can add a TITO to this, what’s a good printer to use?  This one has none at the moment.

LCDs seem expensive – The Ceronix CPA2405 for a 3800/3900 Board, Standard Viewing, Netplex list around $500.00.  Are there any other less expensive but quality options?

Are there any other upgrades that can or should be done with this machine?

Thanks in advance!!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Big Bertha Needs Some Babying
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 05:39:30 PM »
It's an older 19" game king.  It looks like a 350X MPU board, I can't make out the numbers on the white sticker in the photo.  The last 4 digits is what's popularly used to identify the MPU type.  You could upgrade it to a 3902 and be able to run SIMM based software, but you will have to use touchscreen buttons since you only have a three button deck.  I believe it was originally a Video Lottery Terminal setup with slot games and that's why it has a 3 button button deck.   

Yes, you should be able to put a TITO board in it, but it won't be without some effort.  For one, it doesn't have a ticket printer, so it would be Ticket in hand pay or hopper pay out.  Also the bill validator may be an older unit that doesn't support bar codes.  If that's the case you'd have to upgrade it too. You'd also have to upgrade your software as it won't support it either.  It wouldn't be worth it unless you really really want it.  If that was the case I'd look for a 17" GK cabinet that would already have the ticket printer, validator, 3902 board etc.

What is the make and model of the CRT in it now? 

I think the first thing I would do is try to remove the varta battery before it destroys that board. It may not be leaking now, but it will.   Hopefully you can just remove it and that's it.  Then I'd chuck it into a good spare parts box and but a 3902 mpu in it with some newer software. 

My 2c.

Offline AceHollywood

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 08:28:40 PM »
The white sticker on the board says: 75703505 Rev F.  Does that confirm your thought that it’s a 350X MPU?

The monitor is an RCA.  I can’t tell the model, but it has these on the sticker:

A48AAB13X/37X
D-NKLRE065

There’s a Ceronix chasis that’s a Model 2093.

Is the 3902 board a direct swap without any other hardware/software issues (other than a new game set)?

Right now, it has all the two main games that I like: Black Jack and Poker.  Are the game chips transferrable to the 3092 board?

Here’s what my game cards say: CG1-74, CG2-74.  PXL1-74, PXL2-74.  GME1-109, GME2-109.  Base 131.

Thanks!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 08:43:40 PM »
Yes, it does.  It's an old MPU, don't see a lot of them. 

I think you're right, the Ceronix CPA2045 or CPA2422 will replace it.  Contact Ceronix and ask them.  They're home slot friendly there an will help you select the right replacement model.  You can order directly from them too if you'd like.  It seems like everyone sells new ones for about the same price as Ceronix anyhow, so it may be better going that route.  That way they have all the information they need if there's any issues while the unit is under warranty.

Yes, those game chips can be transferred to a 3902 board if you want to.

Offline AceHollywood

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
I think I have a fun little project on my hands.  Thank you for your advice and sharing your knowledge.  I'll post an update in this thread when I've made some progress.

Thanks again!
joe

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal