New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Deuces Wild Chipset  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Gothicplsur

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Gothicplsur New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Deuces Wild Chipset
« on: December 30, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »
Ok, so this past week I've been scouring the internet looking to change out my PE bonus draw poker machine, to a deuces wild chipset, haven't found someone yet that can help me, I do have the roms, but what chip size are the (5) chips to be programmed, and size of the cap chip? I don't think I want to spend the $100 for a programmer for this one time change so if anyone out there can help me out and burn the chipset with their programmer I'd appreciate it, again not sure the size of the chips I need if anyone can help with that also

Offline mrSidX

• Reputation Power: 3
  • mrSidX New User has no influence.
Re: Deuces Wild Chipset
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:30:01 AM »
Any luck?

I also hunger for 2's Wild in my PE+

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:55:25 AM »
Theres a set of chips on ebay for $34.99 or make offer?
Hope this is what you need.Below is what it says on ebay for sale
Working Chipset For "Deuces Wild" IGT PE+ Superboard

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:37:34 AM »
Just FYI - A Wingboard is a piggyback expansion board that mounts on to the regular PE+ board and accommodates 5 games (versus the standard 1 game). There are also game EPROMs that contain 5 games, which can be used without the Wingboard.

Edited to correct terminology -- Roz' post originally said "Superboard" when she meant "Wingboard".  The Superboard is a different board than what she described.   -knagl
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:30:31 PM by knagl »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 03:53:10 PM »
Sweet!

newb Q:
So can the player pick which game they want to play? or does it require a setup to change to different game ?
Trying to recall local PE+ machines with multiple games..

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »
Yep, they are right on the home screen like a GameKing.

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • BrianT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »
A slight correction...

A "superboard" is PE+ PCB revision which requires a Poker Game rom labeled something like XP000xxx where XXX is 001 to at least 155.  And also requires a DATA rom (which is info for the actual game in tables not actual code the CPU will run) and will be labeled like X00xxxxP.

There are also Multi-Poker games that use a XMP00xx poker Game rom.  Known versions are XMP00002, XMP00003, XMP00004, XMP00006, XMP00024 and the international multi currency XMP00025.  Those program use DATA roms labeled like XM000xxP and require specific CG roms:

Known Multi-Poker + CG graphics sets are:

XM00001P + CG2174
XM00002P + CG2174
XM00003P + CG2174
XM00004P + CG2196
XM00005P + CG2240
XM00006P + CG2174
XM00007P + CG2233
XM00008P + CG2228
XM00013P + CG2296

All of these use the CAPX2174.  There are also known to exist XM0009P through XM00012P as well as XM00014P and XM00015P but I currently don't know which CG sets they use.

What you're thinking of is known as a "wingboard" that plugs into a superboard (not compatible with earlier "non" superboards) into the socket of the DATA rom and RAM chip.  It requires a Poker Game rom in the labeled XMP000xx. Known versions are XMP00014, XMP00017 & XMP00030 for English markets and XMP00013, XMP00022 & XMP00026 for English/Spanish markets.

The English only versions require CAPX2298 (or CAPX2352) and will use one of the following CG sets: CG2298, CG2352, CG2426 or CG2451 with each later (IE: higher numbered) set adding support for different poker DATA sets.  As an example CG2426 has icon support for Black Jack Bonus, Super Double Bonus and Triple Bonus where the 2 earlier sets do not.

The English/Spanish version requires CAPX2346 and CG2346.

The wingboard isn't compatible with 100% of the DATA roms either.  Specialty games like ACE$ Bonus and Shockwave among others don't work.

Anyways, there's additional information in this thread: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=338.0

Now about the chip sizes:

In "general"

PP0xxx poker game chips are 64K (IE: 27C512)
XP000xxx poker game chips (superboard) are 64K
X00xxxxP DATA chips are always 64K
CGxxxx are generally 32K (IE: 27C256)... but...
  There are versions for Player's Edge (non plus) that are 16K (27128)
  There are specialty version for specific games (Shockwave, Jackpot Poker) that are 64K
  Wingboard CG sets are always 64K
Earlier PP0xxx poker chips that were made to be compatible with non-plus boards are 32K

CAP chips are special bi-polar ROMs that are 256 bytes and are N82S135N (or compatible, IE: DM74LS471)
CAPX chips are 512 bytes and N81S147N or compatible.

Blank BPROMs on eBay tend to be $14-20 each and require a higher end EPROM reader / burner to program.

BrianT

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »
I have two boards for this machine:

I don't know what they are, but it'd be super if they were Super.

I could have sworn I posted in the IGT PE+ forums  about identifying these boards.... but I've not been getting my notifications or anything telling be I got replies... Hmmm
Anyways, heres some pics of my PE+ boards with the game chips. I need to replace the battery in one, and may as well do both.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 09:53:49 PM »
A slight correction...

A "superboard" is PE+ PCB revision which requires a Poker Game rom labeled something like XP000xxx where XXX is 001 to at least 155.  And also requires a DATA rom (which is info for the actual game in tables not actual code the CPU will run) and will be labeled like X00xxxxP.

There are also Multi-Poker games that use a XMP00xx poker Game rom.  Known versions are XMP00002, XMP00003, XMP00004, XMP00006, XMP00024 and the international multi currency XMP00025.  Those program use DATA roms labeled like XM000xxP and require specific CG roms:

Known Multi-Poker + CG graphics sets are:

XM00001P + CG2174
XM00002P + CG2174
XM00003P + CG2174
XM00004P + CG2196
XM00005P + CG2240
XM00006P + CG2174
XM00007P + CG2233
XM00008P + CG2228
XM00013P + CG2296

All of these use the CAPX2174.  There are also known to exist XM0009P through XM00012P as well as XM00014P and XM00015P but I currently don't know which CG sets they use.

What you're thinking of is known as a "wingboard" that plugs into a superboard (not compatible with earlier "non" superboards) into the socket of the DATA rom and RAM chip.  It requires a Poker Game rom in the labeled XMP000xx. Known versions are XMP00014, XMP00017 & XMP00030 for English markets and XMP00013, XMP00022 & XMP00026 for English/Spanish markets.

The English only versions require CAPX2298 (or CAPX2352) and will use one of the following CG sets: CG2298, CG2352, CG2426 or CG2451 with each later (IE: higher numbered) set adding support for different poker DATA sets.  As an example CG2426 has icon support for Black Jack Bonus, Super Double Bonus and Triple Bonus where the 2 earlier sets do not.

The English/Spanish version requires CAPX2346 and CG2346.

The wingboard isn't compatible with 100% of the DATA roms either.  Specialty games like ACE$ Bonus and Shockwave among others don't work.

Anyways, there's additional information in this thread: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=338.0

Now about the chip sizes:

In "general"

PP0xxx poker game chips are 64K (IE: 27C512)
XP000xxx poker game chips (superboard) are 64K
X00xxxxP DATA chips are always 64K
CGxxxx are generally 32K (IE: 27C256)... but...
  There are versions for Player's Edge (non plus) that are 16K (27128)
  There are specialty version for specific games (Shockwave, Jackpot Poker) that are 64K
  Wingboard CG sets are always 64K
Earlier PP0xxx poker chips that were made to be compatible with non-plus boards are 32K

CAP chips are special bi-polar ROMs that are 256 bytes and are N82S135N (or compatible, IE: DM74LS471)
CAPX chips are 512 bytes and N81S147N or compatible.

Blank BPROMs on eBay tend to be $14-20 each and require a higher end EPROM reader / burner to program.

BrianT

A slight translation would he helpful for some...this was a bit complex (well, for me anyway). After reading this over a couple times, I kinda got it...I think. Thanks Brian!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:41:30 AM by CVslots »

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »
Thanks Brian, that kinda clears some of it up...

But with the many versions, I'm not in the woods of what versions to look for, for my boards.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »
I edited Roz' (CVSlots) post above to correct some terminology (hope you don't mind, Roz).

There are two MPU boards for the PE+:

1. The standard (non-superboard) MPU, which was the original processor board.  Standard boards can only run games designed for the standard board.

2. The Superboard MPU, which was the second-generation MPU for the PE+.  Superboard MPUs can be identified by the fact that they have a PROGRAM and a DATA socket on them (standard PE+ MPU boards do not have the DATA socket).  Superboards can run standard or superboard games.  The addition of the DATA socket gave the machine a little more memory space, and then allowed for things like the all-in-one "Multi-Poker" chipsets which have five player-selectable poker games.

mrSidX: since both of your boards have a DATA socket, they are both Superboards.

If you take a look at the PE+ poker section of the IGT bible, you can see a listing of many of the PE+ poker games available.  If you click on "Multi Poker", you can see six of the Multi-Poker chipsets listed there, and the five games that are included with each of those chipsets.  Again, those Multi-Poker chipsets will work with a Superboard, and allow the player to select from the five available games using an on-screen menu.

There was also an add-on "Wingboard" which was a small circuit board with sockets that would mount on top of a Superboard.  The use of a wingboard allows the operator to select five compatible video poker games (versus the Multi-Poker chipsets which had five fixed video poker games which couldn't be changed individually by the operator).  The wingboard is extremely difficult to find.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 07:11:08 PM »
Of course not...you know me, I don't always know the proper terms for things, but kinda sorta know how to describe them, lol!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal