New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: TOP BANANA - 550 - STOPPED WORKING  (Read 17044 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: TOP BANANA - 550 - STOPPED WORKING
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 03:30:47 PM »
That's why I believed that the MD clear chip was not compatible with your board type.  Try using a clear chip that is just the denomination you need.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 04:16:21 PM »
Spin tech said I needed the multi-denomination clear - which is what I tried - not sure if it was the right one??  provided by a trusted member.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 05:26:36 PM »
What is the checksum of the one you used? 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »
CKSUM - D04F

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2016, 05:39:18 PM »

Also looking over my notes a Secure memory error is also tied up with the eeprom at XU27.  I would try the single denom clear first just to rule that suspicion out of the way.  If it doesn't work, I would replace the XU27 eeprom, which is socketed so an easy replacement.

Your checksum is correct for the MD universal clear.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2016, 05:40:39 PM »
27C080 if that is your ?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »
Sorry, chrome font error, I re-did message above.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2016, 05:50:40 PM »
thank you for all your help - the board was fixed by SPIN so i would have thought that eeprom would have been checked - will give it a try tomorrow.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »
well there is no prom in XU27 - and I do not get the GONG anymore - plus only 2 lights are lit on the IO board. 

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2016, 09:53:40 AM »
Well, I guess at this point it depends on how much money you want to sink into the cabinet.  I would look for a backplane before I would try anything else.  If the boards were fixed by Spin inc, the only thing left to try would be the backplane.  The eeprom can also be found on U26 on some boards, have you downloaded the wms550 service manual from the download area?  There's a lot of good info there.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
I think I am done.  cpu io and power supply - enough is enough - thank you for all your help

Offline Blueridgeslots

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2016, 05:19:16 PM »
Clear chip is a ST 27C801  and installs in XU-3 .. beware, if you put a 27C801 in backwards and power up.... throw it away.

XU-27 is usually empty except for Key operations

Putting a 12 volt power supply in the bottom cabinet should have only damaged the I/O board

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2016, 05:23:43 PM »
I was told to use an 8meg so I got amd 27c080  - I did installed in xu3 - got the gong - and the error message - when I put the game chip back in - no gong and only 2 lights on the io board are lit. 

Offline Blueridgeslots

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2016, 05:56:24 PM »
I would be glad to supply a working clear chip. ST 27C801 is correct blank...

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »
i appreciate that

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2016, 09:04:34 AM »
FINALLY - after 1000s of hours and dollars (seems like it anyway) with repairs by SPIN - the GAME is running EXCEPT for the BV - will close out this thread and open another for the BV issue.  thank you all for the help

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:57 AM »
BACK AT IT AGAIN!!!!  the game runs except for the BV.  Game has a wba11/12 ss transport/head that WAS WORKING prior to board issues.  SPIN has repaired the power supply, io, cpu AND checked out the bv.  Using the universal clear - there is no mention of a BV only the COIN HANDLING.  There was a daughter board attached to the transport that SPIN told me to remove and reconnect wiring in the transport (done) and they provided another board that mates with the wiring going into the transport.  When I go into diagnostics - it tells me I have a JCM145!!!   BV does not cycle or lightup.  How does the game recognize the BV??

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »
The 55x platform requires an RS-232 interface for the validator.  WMS did it two ways depending on how old the machine is.  One way was using the side mounted daughterboard on the validator itself.  The other way involved an RS-232 interface that was mounted on the rear of the validator cage and was in-line between the dbv harness out of the backplane and the dbv itself. This little board was made by WMS.  If you don't have this board behind the validator cage, you need the side mounted daughtercard.  If you have the board behind the validator cage, you need to remove the side mounted daughter card.

below is a photo of the board that is mounted behind the validator cage.

Also if the validator is a WBA-11, you can remove the eprom and put one for an S+ and tested there if you have an S+ equipped with a WBA 11.  This will insure that the validator works.  The next step would be to troubleshoot the RS-232 board, whichever type you have. 

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 10:21:57 AM »
that is what i did - i removed the daughter board from the transport and added the board you pictured to the back to the housing - using the existing wiring.  I did the clear but find no mention on setting up the BV -  does not power up during startup.
I will try the eprom also another transport.   The existing unit was serviced by SPIN so i ASSUMED it was okay. I got that board you pictured from SPIN as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2016, 10:41:33 AM »
It's been a while since I cleared and setup a 550 since my machine was updated to CPUNXT. I will need to go and convert it back to get a reminder on what happens, but I don't think the dbv is setup during the clear procedure, it was only used to select the comparitor and the denomination of the machine.  But I'm not 100% sure on this as it has been at least 3 years since I did it last.  I'll try it if you can't get any further, just to verify all the steps.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal