New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Double Diamond Deluxe fuse blew when turned off and then back on  (Read 6668 times)

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mritaliandreamer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Well Hello Everyone.

Thanks to tracker i was able to find this site and gleam some helpful advice.

Well today i had great success in getting my machine up and running. played it for two hours and turn it off. came home turn on machine no boot and no display and discovered the 2nd fuse blown 8AMP. Went out bought a new fuse and still no display. very concerned if cpu is dead?????

what could have done this and any remedies besides new cpu?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Check the harness from the power supply to the mother board. It's a common problem. I've had success by removing the wire & cleaning the pin with sandpaper. I also like to tin the pin(s) on the mother board with solder to make the connection tighter.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
ok i will take a look to see if that can revive it thanks[size=78%]!!!![/size]

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
No response wiring harness shows no sign of being burned corroded or damage. So there is power to the lights reels and bill validation. Cpu doesnot seem to have power i guess. i dont why this would happen.

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
Ok  have an S+ Double Diamond Deluxe 2 coin Machine. Just fixed it cleared it and re programmed  the bill validater. Game played fine for over 3 hours turned off power left home came back home powered up the machine to no display and discovered a blown fuse. S bought and replaced fuse powered back up to no display. i checked the wiring harness no display of damage. any other ideas before i rule out bad cpu?......

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
.....any other ideas before i rule out bad cpu?......

Not following this, if you "rule out a bad cpu" that means the cpu is good, right?? But your post seemed to indicate you were suspicious of the cpu (mpu).

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
it was operational prior to turning off machine. came home and powered it back up to no display credits gone and discovered a blown fuse in the power box 2nd fuse area. i just dont get why this could happen i worked on the machine and got it back out of an error code 12 replace batery. did the steps to reset it 61 to 61-1 to 65-3 to resteting for play and then the bill validator chips set chip. then it was playing. then it after turnig it back on nothing im completely stumpded

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I am guessing that when you turn the machine on, you only have cabinet lights. While on, open the door and try turning a reel. If the reel spins freely then you have a bad harness from power supply to the mother board. When you remove the molex from M/B J8 turn it around and you will most likely see a burnt spot on a green ground. For voltage at each pin, check word document attached.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
No signs of damage on the ground wire on the plug to the m/b no signs of damage. ??????

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Check the voltages to be sure. Do you have another SP chip? I had one machine that had no display until I used clear chip. When I put SP back in, no display. Changed SP and all was good.

the rockin elvis

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
I have the clear chip in and also no display i thought that one through earlier when the wires is plugged in i can see that the power to the reels is present because they become stiff but no display still

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Since you have checked all voltages, the only thing left is to unplug each molex and re-attach it. Maybe just a loose connection or corroded. Or maybe a pinched wire at the door hinge. Do you have another MPU board to try. I have a board on my junk pile marked "no display". Must have got it from a parts buy. It's not my hand writing.

the rockin elvis

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
No i do not have a spare board but i will look for pinched wires at door hinge. i do not have extra game prom either do know where to get or does this site have the file to burn them on a new chip?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
If for some reason you removed your chips, check to be sure there are no legs bent or out of socket. And that the notches on chips match notch on board. And that they are in correct sockets. You stated that the machine was working, you turned it off, the next time it would not turn on. Had blown fuse. Normally that would mean something shorted out like a bare wire rubbing. Any chance of power surge? Do you have it on a surge suppressor? I cannot stress the importance of them enough. Lots of people just use a power strip. Not good enough.

the rockin elvis

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Can you post a pic of the MPU and the motherboard?

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
Here is what i got hope this is what your looking for.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 271
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
discovered a blown fuse in the power box 2nd fuse area.

Check your fuse value.  Make sure it's the fuse listed on the power supply.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Did any of your fluorescent lights act like they are not working properly? Flickering or turning off, start up slower than the others? If so disconnect the power to that light and see if that helps. Reinstall your game chip and try it.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
as long as you have the CPU out, pull the motherboard and check for loose coins under it causing a short.

Offline Mritaliandreamer

• NLG
Ok Its back up running I pluged it in to a single source plug took out the florencent lights and fuse silver things cleared it bv chiped it and whala it up and running thanks guys!!        :applause: :applause: :applause:

now going to put new bulbs in

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal