New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Door Open MCP  (Read 24423 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Door Open MCP
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 08:42:43 PM »
No, those are OK.  What's on the screen now, does it show the B door as being closed too?

Offline fastedy1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • fastedy1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »
still showing door open mcb and on the right side closure mc

any other sensors in that area that might cause the issue?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »
Tilt.. Look at the pictures in post 16 & 17.. I see a pig tail jumper on the door pic where the optics would be, and again laying on the bottom where the coin over flow shoot is. To me it looks like someone has tried to bypass the optics with jumper plugs?? Also the picture of the bottom looks like the door switch is sitting on the bottom right corner, behind where the lowest speaker goes? On the bottom left side on the cabinet are the two optics removed from the machine, one has a broken wire. I don't thing this machine has had the optics jumped / remove correctly?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 09:00:09 PM »
the optics at the bottom of the cabinet are old, the door and cabinet have another set connected. I just left the old set at the bottom of the cabinet, The cabinet optic is plugged into a red/white and a green wire and the door side of the optic is plugged into a purple/black and green wire.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 09:21:03 PM »
I think those may be the jumpers shown in the attached wiring diagrams. 

Fastedy, can you look at the attached drawings and confirm?  The third page isn't applicable to your machine, but has the color code legend in the bottom right corner so you can make sure the jumpers are where they should be.

Also what's your history with this machine?  Did it ever work or did you get it this way?  You're also missing a sample coin in the comparitor.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 09:37:54 PM »
The color codes look right for the jumped wires in the top of the door and the lower part of the cabinet but the lower optic on the door wiring is black/purple and blue/green and is plugged into the sensor, the lower cabinet optic is plugged into a red/white and green set. and I bought the game this way, I think the owner was trying to repair it and made things worse, that's how I got it for $100.00

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 09:45:55 PM »
I miss read the diagram, I see the blue/orange and green go to the cash drawer detect switch, those have a jumper, not the red/white and green to the lower optics on the cabinet for the door closure. Sorry

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:34 AM »
Sorry, I somehow missed that in your original post.  You got a good deal on it! 

Does the state of the main door change when you open and close it?  Look where it says closure MC.  Open the main door and does it change to just closure C, then to Closure MC when the door is closed again?

Here's a wiring diagram for the bill validator connections to the motherboard.  Pull connector J9 off the motherboard and check for continuity on pins 5 & 6 of P9.  That's the other end of the wiring from the bill validator switch you bypassed. 

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »
I did get a great deal on it! I can't wait to get it working. I will check the voltages after work, I did open and close the door, no change on the display, it almost seems like it's in a frozen state in Game Mode, but I can access menus when the reset key is turned or if I press the white button on the main board. I am waiting on a 22 chip to see if that helps with anything, I downloaded the steps on using it from the site as well.

Thanks for all the help!

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 09:03:26 AM »
You might want to check the door optics adjustment. I like to take a piece of blue painters tape and put one piece one the cabinet, the second pieces on the door by the optics. Now make a center point line on each tape piece. Make sure the locking slide bar is all the way down when marking the door. Now close the door and see if the 2 marks line up. This has made it easy for me to set the optics..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2016, 09:09:15 AM »
I will give it a shot,

Thanks Amechanic!

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »
Hello,

The optics look to be lined up now, I used my camera on the door optic and I could see it lite but the optic on the cabinet was not. I am unable to find J9 the labeling is warn off or I am just not seeing them.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
Hello,
The optics look to be lined up now, I used my camera on the door optic and I could see it lite but the optic on the cabinet was not. I am unable to find J9 the labeling is warn off or I am just not seeing them.
I believe that only one of the doors optics should show a beam, the other one is a receiver. Did adjusting them change any thing?
And remember...

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 05:15:41 AM »
Go into the operator menu (white pushbutton on cpu), go into diagnostics, I/O, and then processor board diagnostics.  There is a line for the main door LED optic.  IGT uses pulsed optics for it's door security. Normal closed operation will show that line constantly going back and forth between 1 and 0.  You can also check the receiver side by shining a flashlight over the receiver.  Normal will show 0, shining a light on it will show a 1. 

Even if the optics were bad, that would not keep all 3 doors open.  Those door switches aren't software controlled, I would not consider a RAM clear to be helpful in this case, especially since you can go into menus.  If it were locked up you wouldn't be able to do that.

Offline jonm287

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2016, 05:32:33 AM »
Oh, and having seen pictures of what you have, disregard what I said about switching the I/O cards, your machine predates that setup.  Your unit has a single large I/O board sitting below your monitor.  You got a really good picture of it.  Everything that involves a switch on your machine, whether it's an optic, push button, door switch or whatever, goes through that board.  Going into your operator menu lets you test all of those. 

I didn't notice if you replied to this question or not, but did you check for a door switch behind the belly door?  That switch is wired in series with the door optic, and if it is grounding to the cabinet it will cause all of those door switches to show open.  My theory is, your BV door switch is working as it should, since it does not show up on the door closure side, and that the problem is going to be either in the main door harness (definitely check the switch and wires behind the belly door!) or the cashbox switch harness (the one behind the cashbox housing, it looks like it was already pulled out since there's still a spade connector on the switch according to the picture).

Edit:  I looked a bit more closely at the cashbox switch, and there are two green colored wires running behind the switch, can barely see them.  That could be the culprit.  See if you can pull them out and check them.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2016, 05:47:31 AM »
Here's a connector diagram that shows J9's location on the motherboard. 

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2016, 07:37:53 AM »
Good Morning!

I checked that green wire behind the cash box sensor, it leads behind the bill validator, you can see it in the picture I attached, also there are 2 connectors not being used is that normal?

And the tape worked great to align the optics at the door, the cabinet optic was a bit low, I made the adjustment so they are aligned well now.

Thanks guys!

I hope to have time again after work to check other items.

Also the sensor for the belly door has a jumper on it.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »
Tilt, 5 & 6 of P9 tested OK for continuity... I am picking up another bill validator and cashbox this weekend, just in case, plus it's good to have extra parts.

Offline jonm287

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2016, 06:53:36 PM »
The empty connectors on the bv harness are normal, no worries there.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2016, 06:59:46 PM »
Thanks jonm287,,,

So tonight I also shined a flashlight at the optics sensor on the cabinet, no change on the screen. I also found the ground wires to the button lights were not all connected and the wire had been cut at the end so I will need to splice in to complete the ground to the last button. Not a big deal though.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal