New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Credit Limit Question  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Strake

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Strake New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S Plus Credit Limit Question
« on: July 29, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »
I'm just trying to understand  if my machine is set up with a Credit Limit,   as  I can feed it $20 bills and it will accept them until I get over 600 credits showing.  After that,  it won't accept  ANY  paper $ bills......  not 1's,  5's,  10's,  or $20's...

Once  it won't accept any more bills and I'm showing over 600 in the credit window,   I  CAN still accumulate credits by winning,  it just won't allow any more bills to be accepted.   It's currently showing over 700 credits but the last 100  was from winning.

It's  not affecting my play,  but  I'm just trying to understand how this thing works.

thanks,

Richard

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 448
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: IGT S Plus Credit Limit Question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »
Depending on your game chip, and it sounds like you have the one that allows a hopper limit and a separate bill limit.  The hopper limit is the one that will limit how many credits your machine will have.  If you reach the hopper limit, any pay that goes over that limit, the hopper will pay in coins.  Say your hopper limit is 1000 and you have 990 credits.  You hit a 20 coin winner, the game will pay out all 20 coins to hopper.  The bill credit limit works like you described, once you reach it, the machine will not accept any more bills.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:04:56 AM »
Here is a typical setup for an SP1271 game chip. Near the bottom you will see a setting that can be set for the amount of credits the b/v will accumulate before refusing any more bills. You may not have a 1271 but a number of SP chips have this setting. Check the PSR for your particular chip.

Dave

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=514.0
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »
Thank you guys.....  Like I said,  I'm  not unhappy how it is currently set up,  and ALL is working perfectly now....  Just trying to better understand how this works.

The  two  chip sets in my machine  are:   SP731   and  the game chip ( I think that's what it is called)  is  SS4669.  I have a Double Cherry Bar 3 reel  S Plus machine.

Do you know if the instructions  I just read for the SP1271 are the same for my  SP731?.   Hope so,  as I printed them out to save for future reference as they were so well,  step by step written.

When  my dealer who sold me the machine years ago,  walked me through totally re programming this machine  (over the phone) a couple weeks ago,  after   I had totally screwed up the programming  with the reset key,  and hitting buttons  not knowing what I was doing.   First they suggested I buy a  set of SET 15  CLEAR chips on Ebay.  The set  I bought  came with  a new battery,  and the following chips:
SP731  chip
Bill Set Up chip
RAM Clear  chip

The dealer had me remove the existing SP731 Chip from my board  and install the  SP731 Chip  that I got from Ebay ....  after starting up the machine,  and doing some settings,he had me power it down, and remove the SP731 Chip from Ebay  and replace it with my original  SP731  chip.  He then walked me through 30 minutes of turning the reset key,  hitting the white little button, hitting the different buttons and directed me  non stop until we were done.  ALL WORKS AGAIN PERFECTLY !

So  when you all talk about doing a CLEAR,  is that what the  RAM Clear chip  that came with my Ebay purchase used for?
What  is the SP731  chip that I got in the Ebay buy  for?   I'm  guessing it is used to set all the basic settings for the machine.
I'm also guessing that the Bill Set Up chip  is used to reprogram the Bill Validator....  correct ???

Just wanting to better understand the working of these.   Although  I've had the machine nearly 7 years,   I never had an issue until recently and now it's fixed,  but  I'm obsessed with wanting to learn about it now  :yes:

Thank you,
Richard

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »
Well I'll help you with some of the terminology. OK the SP731 is the Game chip. The SS4669 is the Reel chip. That determines the reel stops and payout percentages for your game. The 4669 is a 95% payout chip. Very nice for home use. If you didn't use the clear chip then you used the set 15 to enable the validator and to set denominations. The clear is only used as a last resort to clear some errors and such. Nice to have just in case. You may have finished with the SP731 but I don't know why they sent you another unless you requested when you bought the others. I wonder if you got a little confused with the chip changes and all. You would put the set chip in for the game chip to set up and enable. Then put the game chip back in. Just keep reading on here and read past posts on the S+ forum, you can learn a lot from there. I'll check the 731 PSR and see if it mentions the validator settings.You're doing great man. But don't try to learn it all in one night, it'll give you a headache.  :rotfl:

Dave

I didn't see anything about setting the validator for more credits. But I may have missed it too. If anybody thinks of something I forgot please chime in. Thanks
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
Thanks Dave for the assistance, especially on the terminology.

So  are any of these chips in the set I bought on Ebay a  "SET 15" ?   In the description of the Ebay ad,  there was the mention of SET 15,  but  since none of the 3 chips  I received said  "SET 15",   I wasn't sure.

At any rate,  the machine is totally operating perfectly now.   I'm  just wanting to learn as I go....

Thank you again,
Richard   

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 04:28:05 PM »
Richard how many chips did you receive? Did you enable the bill validator during the setup? Usually those come in a clear and set chip combo. Does your validator work? Or does it even have one? If the validator wasn't working and you had to enable it you had to use a set chip. OK I reread the post. You got a clear chip, a set chip and a different SP731. The "bill set up chip is likely the set15 chip. I don't understand the extra Sp731 unless they thought the one you had was corrupted. Maybe they had you swap them to see if the changes were holding???? Beats me. Like I said read those posts you'll be surprised at how much you'll pick up quickly. Congrats on getting the old machine going.

Dave

Offline Strake

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 04:41:26 PM »
Thanks so much for all the assistance Dave.

Yes,   I did receive 3 total prom chips  along with a new battery and eprom removal tool  in the Ebay purchase.   The  ad  had a very long description of what it would do  and it looked like the most bang for the buck....  or $25  in my case.     Deep within  a very long ad  it did use the words  SET 15  and since  I was aware that  I also had a SP731   I figured this would be a good choice for me to buy to correct my issues.   

At least it's  all back to 100%  now.

Thanks again, Dave.......   I've been reading on here for hours  in the past month. Read  EVERY one of the FAQ for this type machine.  Just need to learn the new language.  :thank_you:      This  forum has been a HUGE  help to me and all I've learned.  Folks like you have been very gracious with your time to reply to new guys like me and I  REALLY  appreciate all the help from you and several other members to help show me the way !!!

WHATS INCLUDED:
2 NEW RESET EPROMS 1 RAM CLEAR & 1 ALL IN ONE BILL
VALIDATOR SET AND DENOMINATION SET.
1 NEW SP 731 GAME EPROM (NO INSTRUCTIONS)
1 NEW 3.6 VOLT BATTERY
1 NEW EPROM REMOVAL TOOL
2 PAGES OF INSTRUCTIONS ONLY FOR RESETTING THE SLOT MACHINE.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 04:45:12 PM »
You didn't get hurt at all for $25. Enjoy your machine (again).   :applause:

Offline PStuart

• Reputation Power: 0
  • PStuart New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 09:08:42 AM »
The bill credit limit works like you described, once you reach it, the machine will not accept any more bills.

Piggy-backing on Strake's original post, would the bill credit limit also disable accepting coins?  I'm working on a 'Five times pay' machine, unknown chip number (sorry!).  It has one pay line and configured for $.25 denomination.  With 0 credits, the bill validator light is on.  I put in a $1 and it holds it for a few seconds then spits it back out.  Once I put in 3 quarters, it won't accept anymore and the bill validator light turns off.  The bill credit limit option sounds like the silver bullet to resolve this but I want to confirm on the coin aspect.  If I win a spin, the credits accumulate beyond 3 credits but that is the only way to get beyond it.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 11:42:10 AM »
Hey PS, if you have a 3 coin machine, it won't take more than 3 quarters. You can't keep putting in quarters and rack up credits that way. Every additional coin will drop back into the tray. When you play and win if the machine is set to credits, they will go to the credit meter then. Once the maximum amount of coins is inserted, the b/v will not accept bills until that game is played. Now the validator not taking any bills even though there are no credits on the machine sounds more like dirty optics in the validator head or something along that line. Unless that limit is set to 0 you should be able to get it to take a dollar bill. I think the coin thing is actually not a problem but, why don't you  start a new thread about the validator not taking bills? You'll get a lot more looks on your post rather than on the bottom of a post that says Topic Solved. Start a new one and we'll go from there.Thanks,

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal