New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How can I tell what voltage the coin mechanism is on a IGT Double Blackjack slot  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Catv

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Catv New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Yes it's in the slots...as we were trying to fix this of course the door optics cable would break...so now we ordered a new one and then we will go from there ..it want come on at all now..but before that when the new One was placed it worked when pushed to add credits..so I just hope it's still something simple

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
The door optics parts have small metal legs that are attached to their wiring. They are fragile, can't be pulled or bent very much.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Catv

• NLG
Yes..and on this one there is only the one on top of door the other is missing..i wonder if this might be a problem too

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
Yes..and on this one there is only the one on top of door the other is missing..i wonder if this might be a problem too

Yes, there has to be 2 of the door optic sensors. They align with each other when the door is closed and the lockbar is latched. One optic sensor is mounted on the edge of the door, the other is mounted on the edge of the cabinet. In your photos there is a door optic sensor on the cabinet edge where the door closes.  And there is one on the door, mounted to the sliding lockbar. From your photos it looks like you have both door optics?? (see below)

If the door optics are not working you will get an error on the front of the machine when you close the door. And any inserted coin will get returned to the front tray, the machine is not ready to be played.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:55:13 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Catv

• NLG
It is there you are right...i was looking at something else below the one on the cabinet but all that shouldn't matter if it's where the bill holder is supposed to be..

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
You mentioned earlier that you'd broken one of the door optics - which one? Both have an electrical connector that is fairly easy to unplug when you get the replacement part.

I think you will need to get the door optics working before you can do much else.

Before the door optic part got broken when you closed the door and pushed down on the lockbar post to latch the door was there anything displayed on the front of the machine on the digital displays? This would be with the machine's power switch turned on of course. You can leave the power switch on and open or close the door. Remember, it is not enough to shut the door, you have to latch it also. That is how the door optics get aligned with each other.

Offline Catv

• NLG
You are right....i don't remember ..so when the optic comes in and get it on again I will try this an see if get any numbers off when door closes..thank you again

Offline Catv

• NLG
Ok..got the new parts and got it put on....it still will not accept the coin or token...it just falls strait thru...it will play if u give the test credits  and will also pay put if you push button...no codes are showing up at all ....i am lost

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
When you close the door does the Insert Coin light come on?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Ok..got the new parts and got it put on....it still will not accept the coin or token...it just falls strait thru...it will play if u give the test credits  and will also pay put if you push button...no codes are showing up at all ....i am lost

What did you all replace?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Catv

• NLG
Yes insert coin is lit up..we have replaced the coin comparator ..mechanism. .and optics on door. Door is shutting good. .but it still will not take my coin...we also tried the tokens that came with it also...want take them either ..just going straight thru to the coin tray...if I play with credits I give myself on the machine everything is working fine...it will even drop my coins or tokens in the tray when hit payout button

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
Since the machine adds credits when you press the little button on the coin optics board I think that means the problem could be something not correct about the coin comparitor or its connections. It sounds like the coin comparitor is not working or is deactivated by the machine.

Just to make sure you know, you can't mix quarters and tokens, the coin comparitor will only accept a coin or token that matches whatever is installed in the coin comparitor as the sample coin.

Is the coin comparitor that you installed a "for-sure" good working one? Also, the sample coin or token in the coin comparitor has to be installed properly in the coin comparitor. And the wiring cable that connects to the left side of the coin comparitor needs to be in good condition, no broken wires or pins (electrical contacts inside the connector). The other end of that wiring cable has to be connected to the cable that leads from the door back into the machine.

I'm not sure but maybe the machine has to have its "denomination" set in the Test/Setup menus. Hopefully someone here will say if this could be the problem.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I think your problem is with the coin in optics,  do the input test 10_1, 11_1 and 12_ 1,  remove the cc-16,  get into the test and use a Popsicle stick or something small to block the optics, when you do this the 1 should change to a 0, the test button on the optic will also change 11_1.  I'll bet 10_1 doesn't change!  I can tell you what to do to fix your problem, or sell you a set of optics.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
Here's an easy idea to try and I think it will give information about what is going on:

On the back of the coin comparitor is a part called the 'rake'. The rake is a movable part, it is what rejects the coin to the coin tray, or it lets the coin pass to the coin optic boards below.

Remove the coin comparitor from the machine and turn it over. Find the rake and lift upward on it to see how it works. A spring pulls it back into the "reject coin" position. Fold a piece of paper enough times that it is the right size to stick underneath the rake so that it keeps the rake fully upward in the "accept coin" position. This will force the coin comparitor to accept all coins you insert into the machine.

Then reinstall the coin comparitor in the machine and insert a coin into the machine. Tell us what happens.

(my photos below won't look exactly like your coin comparitor but I think you'll get the idea)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:34:24 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Catv

• NLG
I did what you said...taping rake up...coin stayed in...but there is 21 showing where winner paid....doesnt show a coin in tho...but insert coin is flashing...and yes I do know not to mix the coin and tokens

Offline Catv

• NLG
Where I purchased the coin mechanism said it was tested and working....so it is supposed to be a good one

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
I did what you said...taping rake up...coin stayed in...but there is 21 showing where winner paid....doesnt show a coin in tho...but insert coin is flashing...and yes I do know not to mix the coin and tokens

Did the 21 appear on the display after you inserted the coin? Or was it there from the beginning after you turned the machine on?

Do you mean the coin went into the coin hopper (or stayed stuck in the coin comparitor)? Need to be clear on what you tell us, thanks! If the coin went to the coin hopper then you will need to follow Jim's suggestion to test the coin optics boards. The instructions for doing that are in his post above and also here:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14723.msg78906#msg78906

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
From what I’ve read I tend to believe your problem is with the coin in optics. Been to read the test that Jim suggested.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Catv

• NLG
When I put the coin in it went into the hopper...then when closed the door the 21 displayed...i will try the tests jim showed and go from there. .thank you all so much for the help

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
When I put the coin in it went into the hopper...then when closed the door the 21 displayed...i will try the tests jim showed and go from there. .thank you all so much for the help

well, what I meant earlier was turn machine power off, block the rake open with the paper, install the coin comparitor into the machine. Turn on power to the machine and close the door, make sure no errors are displayed on front. THEN insert a coin and see what happens.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal