New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G23 AVP 3.0 Intermittent voucher printing issue  (Read 3993 times)

Offline bpracer

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: IGT G23 AVP 3.0 Intermittent voucher printing issue
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2019, 06:58:36 AM »
I'm currently running BOC and have the issues. 

I'm going to either wipe this machine and try another OS or preferably find another machine to add to the collection and do some testing.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2019, 11:59:07 AM »
Hey guys for it’s an OS issue. It happens all the time with the game king OS but never with b03. Check which is you have and report back.

Running B0C I was having issues.

I have formatted the drive and installed A09, changed nothing else, and I have not seen an issue since installing A09.

So it does appear to be an OS issue?

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2019, 11:20:42 PM »
Rick, since Bryan went down to A09 you could try to go up to B04. There are some SAS changes but I will list all modifications from B03 to B04 below.

The AVP014-00517 software is MODIFYING the previously approved AVP014-00510 software. The modifications are as follows:
1. Defaulted the GAT protocol version to 3.50.1.
2. Updated the Game Setup menu page to ensure the Save button is correctly disabled when changes to the DEFAULT GAME config item are reverted.
3. Ensured that the Manage Game Packages menu page is only accessible when the hard drive is writable.
4. Updated the Game Setup menu page to ensure the Disable All Themes button correctly displays longer text strings.
5. Updated the Memory Dump and the Machine Data Export menu page to add the EGM's hard drive model information.
6. Updated Game Audit menu page support to allow game themes to specify the display order of extra game information.
7. Added the "Reel USB is Disconnected" tilt and set that tilt to display when the mechanical reels are disconnected.
8. Updated SAS protocol support to ensure SAS Secure Enhanced handpay receipts are correctly reported to the system.
9. Ensure the gaming machine correctly meters and reports validated handpays with receipts over the SAS protocol.
10. Modified SAS ticketing support to ensure the ticket status reported in SAS Long Poll 71 is correct when a ticket is inserted while the game selection menu is present. Previously, the status remained PENDING 0x40).
11. Modified code to ensure SAS exceptions are reported when the second channel is used.

The CONFIG014-007-204 software is MODIFYING the previously approved CONFIG014-007-203 software. The modifications are as follows:
1. Added "SHOW REFERENCE TO PRINTER" configuration item to allow the ticket printer test page to be hidden for those jurisdictions that don't have printer hardware.
2. Updated the system to make the printer tilt type configurable.
3. Added the "Reel USB is Disconnected" tilt and set that tilt to display when the mechanical reels are disconnected.
4. Introduced a new data structure to handle bursts of SAS LP09 messages from the host.
5. Changed the minimum response time to NOT ALLOW the SAS response time to be set higher than 1 ms; the operator can set it at 0 ms or 1 ms. Previously, the operator could set the response time up to 1000 ms, and SAS requires an EGM to respond in 20 ms or less.
6. Updated to show the game screen in the background when as SAS shutdown is sent to the EGM. Previous behavior was to hide the game which was inconsistent with older and newer products.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 448
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
I will give that a go next time I swap mpu's.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2021, 07:27:54 PM »
Has anyone ever found a solution to this issue?  The issues posted about in this topic is exactly what I'm experiencing.

Sometimes It will print, other times it goes to handplay after trying to validate.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 448
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »
I have had an improvement by using a fully shielded cable.  I basically took a shielded RS-232 cable, cut the female end off and put the 5 pin molex on the end.  It has improved the problem, although I still get the occasional time out issue making it go to a handplay, but nowhere near as bad as it was before.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal