New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Munny Returns IGT s2000 - Bonus Game doesn't play "bonus display error"  (Read 3252 times)

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Munny Returns IGT s2000 - Bonus Game doesn't play "bonus display error"
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2019, 10:57:43 PM »
Can't read the cards.  It's not any file system I can make my computer see, downloaded different apps that read tons of "raw" file systems including ext2/ext3. I gave up.

Found 2 munny display SmartMedia cards in eBay, bought them (came with random other ac coin slot chips/cards), popped them in, no difference.  Swapped them out with my other LCD displays, no difference.

Still get the bonus display error, I can force the machine past it by hitting the bonus button on the cash can, just a blank LCD screen .

Any other tips/tricks?  I told myself if I got it working I'd convert from coinless to coins, but it's just not working out.  Probably sell it as is, it's still really fun cause of the bonus games.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 05:16:39 PM »
I can test your CF cards and  monitors in my working machine.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 04:32:20 AM »
I feel that his card must be working since he gets into the bonus. Reading about the monitor having white, then green, then going black is strange. If it were only black, I would say bad invertor board. But, then the 2 he got from Ebay doing the same thing. It is possible those also have bad invertors, thus why they had been removed.  Again, never touched an AC coin, so only reasoning the problem.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »
Thank you.  I never get the bg000174 screen.  I assume that's the prom on the top box being read?  I wonder if my prom chip got wiped.  I've pulled and reseated tbe prom/ram chip, maybe I'll double check for good legs again.

I still think for sure two of the three LCDs are good, and they show info on these screen if I boot them without the data cable connected.

If you still have the tip off, can you take a pic of the prom chip so I can read it?  Thank you!

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 11:51:03 AM »
Oh maybe one more test too.  Take your video card out if the display and see if you get thr bg000174 screen?  That could help me determine if all 3 video cards in the LCD are potentially the problem, or if I'm not even getting to that part of the bootup.  I suspect I'm not even get that far cause of something in the top box board.

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »

Did some more tests with the extra chips I got.  With my ebay order, I received 2 video munny return smartmedia cards, 2 extra video cards (goldfish and DS sevens), but also got several BG proms (186, 204, 191, 212, 214).  My thought was I'd replace the BG000174 Munny Returns video Prom with one of these other ones to see if it would flash the numbers up on the screen like sunrise's youtube video.

Never got numbers on the screen, but I got some different things.  Each time I'd change the video PROM chip, I'd get stuck in the "waiting for video display" in startup.  From here, depending on the chip, I could either force it passed this with the same switch push near the cash can, but of course it'd maintain the error and would never give me any video (but I could play the game).  But I got 2 other interesting responses with some chips.

BG000191 chip with the DS Sevens video card would get stuck in the waiting for video display error.  But when I'd try to force it passed, it'd display random characters on the screen.  It would add characters when I'd try to force it, but nothing that made sense.  After a few of these tries, I cycled the machines power, and I got VIDEO! On the screen was a message "125 Credits" (see pic), but I couldn't do anything passed that.  I power cycled again and got stuck back on my waiting for display screen, with incrementing random characters.  I never was able to get back to the actual message on the video display, but I feel like that tells me something.  The other reallllllly strange thing about this chip was it didn't have any burn marks on it, after the end of all of this, it has a burn mark dead center on the chip, and the chip was HOT.  No other chip got hot.  This was also the only chip that got me anything on the screen.

BG000204 chip with any of the video cards also did some weird stuff.  It'd get stuck on power on, and after forcing past it, I'd get powered up but it would continuously error out with "Touch Screen Hardware Error".  It was stuck in the loop of clearing the error, and going back to it.  Couldn't actually play the game.

Most of the other BG chips I could force passed the waiting for display error and play the game, just nothing extra on the video display.  Some of the others I couldn't.

With the bg000191 and ds sevens, I have no idea if they were the matching pair.  Does anyone have a list of games to chips?  Also, the chip heating up and burning maybe tells me something.  Could the gam2000 board be bad and burning out my PROM chips?  Do vendors have any of these games with the ability to burn PROMS?

Sunrise, I think I'm closer to sending you my lcd/card/chip to see if it works in yours.    I get the feeling its my board though.  I find it highly unlikely all 3 video cards for Munny Return would be bad. maybe the chip is bad, or the board on the video traces has issues.  I took the board out and looked for anything obvious, but no burn marks or visible trace issues.  Capacitors don't look exploded.  Do you happen to have any other random BG chips you could swap into yours to see if the numbers show up on your LCD on boot?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »
I will get some pics tomorrow.  To the right side of the video display is a sound board.  Be sure the CF card is reseated.  It is a card just like the  video CF card.

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 09:35:55 PM »
Yeah the sound card is good, all sound works.  The two bonus games work.  Just no video on the display.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 03:47:40 PM »
Boot , Base, and R board of the 1270 IGT MPU, and then the PROM on the A C Coin MPU

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 03:49:35 PM »
here

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2019, 03:53:08 PM »
last one

Offline JRT45

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • JRT45 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »
This may not be your problem, but the WAP EZPAY power distribution box caused a lot of problems with my Munny Returns machine.  Some say it should not cause a problem with an AC Coin machine, but I have confirmed 3 times that I had a bad box.  If you have a spare. give it a try. 

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2019, 10:36:48 PM »
Thanks for the pics.

Jrt - what were the symptoms when your ezwap power dists went bad?  I have power everywhere...

Offline JRT45

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • JRT45 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 04:40:54 AM »
Problems with the bad EZ PAY box were, waiting on video display, constant rebooting, both bonus games were very slow to run, and lights around the bonus box were out.  These errors were intermittent.  That is, I might not have all the problems at once, but no video display was constant.  The video display never worked until the EZ Pay box was replaced.  The strange thing was I received different errors at different times.  I tried everything; including sending the boards to be tested, and I finally gave up.  Then, I stumbled across a spare EZ Pay box, and my machine has been running ever since. 
Big thanks to Sunrise for all his help

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal