New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2270-33 Error Code 32 (Hopper Empty)  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Newb

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Newb New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally E2270-33 Error Code 32 (Hopper Empty)
« on: February 17, 2020, 09:53:08 PM »
Hello everyone... I just came upon an E2270 (25c slot) that is coming up with error 32, Hopper Empty.  I read a post about a S6000 that had a similar problem and it turned out it needed the "battery" replaced.

Obviously, the E2270 is a much older machine, does it still have a battery that may need to be replaced? 

Any ideas as to where to start to get the hopper to work/engage once again and pay out? 

Very much appreciate your ideas and suggestions. 

Cheers! 

Newb
(Jerry A.)

Offline Newb

• NLG
Re: Bally E2270-33 Error Code 32 (Hopper Empty)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 03:59:08 PM »
So I've been reading some of the old posts wrt this topic and the battery seems to come up.  The battery in my machine looks to be original, so I ordered  a rechargeable li-ion battery (3.6v), flat top.  I'll try that and see if the error code clears and hopper works.  If anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd appreciate it.  Many thanks! Jerry A.

Online Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 307
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 08:56:34 PM »
The battery will not recharge, there is no charging voltage after the mod is done.
You would have to remove the battery and charge it outside the game, a full charged battery should last for many years as the components
it powers in the RAM section draw very little power.
A 32 code means your hopper was either out of coins or did not have enough coins to make it up the shelf wheel fast enough to trigger the coin out switch.
If you have many coins in the hopper and they paid out but did not get counted resulting in a empty hopper check that the pivot arm
 the coin hits before it exits is low enough to toggle the coin out switch.
If it is hitting the switch check your hopper switch for NO/NC continuity to COM of the switch.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Newb

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 04:10:15 PM »
So the battery will not charge even with the new diode? Any reason then to switch the diode? Can I leave the old one alone? Also, the gentleman I purchased the machine from had a ton of quarters in the hopper, and he said it just stopped paying out one day -- he cleaned it out, checked for stuck quarters, checked the fuse, oiled the hopper, etc... and still came up with Error 32. So I'm hoping the battery change will have some effect...

Online Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 307
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 06:53:57 PM »
The E series did not have a complicated, modern, software engine.
It sounds like you may have a defective hopper control board inside the hopper frame.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 08:39:24 PM »
Can you run test 4? This is the hoppers output test. It should count out 10 coins.. If your hopper will not run in test 4 then you either have a blown fuse on the hopper, it’s a 5amp fuse. The other problem could be a bad hopper control board. If the hopper fails to run in test 4, you should see the 32 code again in the win meter.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
So the battery will not charge even with the new diode? Any reason then to switch the diode?

The diode is used only for a non-rechargeable battery. You need to use a resistor in place of the diode for rechargeable Li-Ion batteries.

See:   http://www.ramegoom.com/john/E2000/li-ion-cpu-mod-E2000.jpg
The 100 ohm resistor is visible along the top edge of the battery. No diode.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 08:48:34 AM »
Now, if you're using a 3.6v. permanent Lithium battery, you do it this way:
http://www.ramegoom.com/john/E2000/e2000MPU_lithium_mod-1200.jpg

Offline Newb

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »
Got it.  Currently, this is the setup I have.  So my plan is to put in a rechargeable li ion battery (3.6v), similar to the one you show (green in color) with the resistor.  Does the resistor go in the same spot as current resistor R62? If it already has a resistor, do I need to replace it? Also, you notice the tabs on the picture making contact to the battery --- what's the best way to separate them from the battery.  They seem to be soldered as I can't just pull out the battery and don't want to force it.  It's best to use these same tabs on the new battery, would you agree? Thanks so much for the insight... Jerry A.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 01:06:28 PM »
Keep that resistor, don't use a diode.

The tabs are spot welded on the original battery terminals, so you should remove the tab from the solder hole and add wire to attach to the replacement battery. I use those high current "portable power tool" batteries because they're inexpensive and can hold a charge for a long time. I solder some buss wire on each terminal, then add a layer of double sided tape to affix the battery to the PC board. They work great and last a long time. They're also longer than the original battery, so you'd bend the buss wire under the battery to get it soldered into the PC board. I have done dozens of these and never had an issue.

Offline Newb

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 02:58:20 PM »
So it’s still good to to replace the battery with the rechargeable one (just arrived today)? And it is 3.6v. Also, thanks for letting me know to keep the resistor. I did order the diode and they come in bunches, so my plan is to snip the wire off each end of one diode and solder that to the battery terminals (each end). Then solder that to the board holes. Did I get that right?

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »
The reason for the diode on the board is to prevent the circuit voltage from charging the permanent battery if you're using one. The battery then can only supply power to the RAM chips when the slot is turned off. They normally use a high speed "Schottky" diode in those instances so the switchover point doesn't cause the RAM chip to lose or corrupt its memory during the power switch-over transition. The diode would have its anode on the positive battery terminal (the arrow side, not the stripe side).

Best choice is a NiMH or preferably Li-Ion rechargeable battery with a 100 ohm resistor in series. That will allow a trickle charge when the slot is in operation, and still allow most of the charged battery voltage to feed the RAM chips.

Offline Newb

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 03:28:26 PM »
I’m leaving the resistor in place, so no diode. I’m just using one of the diodes to snip off its wire off each end and use them to connect the battery to the board. Will that work?   

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
Sure, if you're not using the diode in the circuit.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 06:27:14 PM »
Sure, if you're not using the diode in the circuit.

Way I understand him is that he wants to just use the wire leads cut off the diode to solder on the battery, then solder the other ends of the cut wire to the board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »
Yeah, that is what it looks like...pricey bits of wire though.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal