New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha S9000 Deck Buttons  (Read 775 times)

Offline Newbie007

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Newbie007 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha S9000 Deck Buttons
« on: July 16, 2024, 10:54:34 AM »
Although the Spin & Win and Collect buttons are lit and working, none of the 5 deck credit buttons are lighting or working on my S9000 Alpha. I don't think it's the bulbs and I didn't find any loose connectors. Any advice as to where else to look to troubleshoot this problem???

Many thanks

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 253
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Alpha S9000 Deck Buttons
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 11:01:45 AM »
Probably either the wrong button deck was selected during setup or machine has the wrong button deck for the game installed.

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024, 02:57:16 PM »
Thanks sixcardmark

So, I double checked the setup and the 5 button deck is selected. This is the same deck that was working before I did a battery change, clear and reset the game, so it must be something else.

Any other ideas?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2024, 03:26:42 PM »
If button deck has big oval button on right choose 11 button deck.

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2024, 05:27:24 AM »
Great, that worked fine; thank so very much!!!

Before my clear, the machine printer out and accepted credit vouchers. I must have some other setup options wrong because although I can print a void voucher, it goes straight to hand pay when I want to cash out. Any thoughts here???

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 357
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2024, 06:04:21 AM »
Try these instructional videos. There are two. Use the one that matches your OS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp2Je3wAWOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBYCJSUZR9k
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2024, 11:48:06 AM »
Thanks. I went through the Newer OS video and reset the parameters.

The machine now prints out the appropriate credit voucher, but still will not accept the voucher back.

The only options under the COMM SETUP/PROTCOL SELECT/DEVICE OWNER SETUP for Voucher In are Not Set and Disabled.

What am I missing?? Thanks.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2024, 01:14:46 PM »
Post a pic of the voucher it prints.  If you don't select system those options for voucher in will be disabled.  Do not select standard.

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2024, 02:30:58 PM »
Thanks, a pic of voucher is attached. The options for Voucher Out and Voucher Location data are there and are set to SAS Primary; the Voucher Out only has the Not Set and Disabled options. Any thoughts?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2024, 04:06:42 PM »
Settings are not correct, that ticket will never be accepted in any machine.  That is standard setting not system.

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2024, 06:16:06 PM »
Thanks. So, I went through the settings again. Kept everything the same except for changing the Validation from Standard to System.

When I do that, I do get the option to set Voucher Out to SAS Primary, but now the machine defers to handpay when I check out. I must have some other setting wrong too; do you have a suggestion?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2024, 07:50:41 PM »
Voucher in must also be set to sas.  Every entry on that page that is not grayed out set to SAS primary.

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2024, 11:57:37 PM »
Thanks again. I went though all those settings again and, unfortunately, am still only getting Handpay when collecting the credits.

Please see the attached docs and let me know if you can find the error in my settings. Very much appreciated.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2024, 12:41:42 AM »
Default settings for printer and cash out page are OK, I never change anything under either one of those.  If you changed anything in either clear and start over.  I never go into either one so I don't remember the default settings. Make sure it does have a 950 printer. Everything else looks good. 

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2024, 05:26:12 PM »
Reset everything again leaving the defaults for the printer and cash out pages. Again, just it goes to Hand pay when collecting if Validation is set to System.

Only when Validation is set to Standard, does it print out the credit voucher (see attached), but won't accept it back in because Voucher In options are only Not Set and Disabled.

Only other options for Validation are Enhanced and Bally. While they do have a option for Voucher Out, they also just go to Handpay.

Not sure what else to do. Any other ideas? Thanks for helping with this.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2024, 06:31:36 PM »
Post a pic of the data cable from tito board, I don't think it is working or it's wired for IGT.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 07:38:29 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2024, 07:17:47 PM »
Sorry, but this is a Bally Alpha S-9000 and not and IGT. I'm not sure where the TITO board is located on this machine

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2024, 07:37:54 PM »
I meant wired for IGT, lol.  It probably doesn't even have a TITO board then. You must install one to get machine to accept tickets.  Here's a link: https://www.titoathome.com/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 10:12:51 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline Newbie007

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2024, 12:14:10 AM »
Thanks again for all your help. I added a TITO board and now it's working fine! Really appreciate your recommendations.

Next project is to add coin pay and coin pay to my Bally Alpha S-9000. I've collected some of the parts but still need wiring harnesses for the hopper (AS-03025-0192) and the Hopper Cable bracket (P-09264-001A). Would you know where I might find these items?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal