New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 displays netplex link is down/ missing parts  (Read 1810 times)

Offline 702collector

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 702collector New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 displays netplex link is down/ missing parts
« on: July 23, 2024, 08:22:02 PM »
Newly acquired machine. Display passes self test then says netplex link is down. No LEDs are lit on mpu. Machine is missing power distribution board and ribbon cable. Also no wire harness to cabinet mounted I/O card. Battery is completely dead. Anyone see anything else missing?  It is a 5 star by the way. 3 reel 1 line 3 coin max

Offline 702collector

• NLG
Re: S2000 displays netplex link is down/ missing parts
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 08:23:22 PM »
More pics

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 08:27:18 PM »
Machine

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024, 04:56:42 AM »
Make sure the power supply behind the reels is seated fully by moving to the right and the thumb screw on the left is turned in fully. Check the power cord in the bottom and make sure that is fully seated as well.

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2024, 08:39:47 AM »
Ok here is the confusing part. Made sure the power supply behind the reels was tight. Checked voltage on backplane at lower left plug.
Black = 6VAC
RED = 0 VDC
Orange = 1VDC

Checked voltage on working s2000
Black =6VAC
Red =12VDC
Orange =24VDC

Swapped power supply from known working machine to non working machine
Black = 6VAC
Red = 0VDC
Orange = 1 VDC

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 421
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2024, 10:20:39 AM »
The white 10-pin Molex connector on the lower right side of the backplane.

You want to measure the top single black wire coming out of that housing.
Then measure those red and orange wires by sticking into the back of the connector housing with the red multimeter probe.
Touch your black multimeter probe against the metal floor of the cabinet and let's see what you've got.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2024, 10:54:03 AM »
That’s exactly where I measured the voltage. Found an old post from you showing that. My voltage measurements are in the post directly above yours.

* sorry I said lower left I meant to say lower right

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2024, 10:58:01 AM »
The known working power supply gives me the same outcome. The machine does not have a harness connected to the I/O card in the cabinet. Could this be the issue?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 357
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2024, 11:40:38 AM »
The known working power supply gives me the same outcome. The machine does not have a harness connected to the I/O card in the cabinet. Could this be the issue?

If you are referring to the open 14 pin connector on the handle side of the I/O, that's only needed for backlit reels.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2024, 12:19:19 PM »
Thanks Ronald! That explains why one of my machines has the harness and the other one doesn’t.

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2024, 02:52:25 PM »
Put the power supply in another machine and it works fine. Swapped in a known working backplane and same result. No lights on mpu and displays and netplex link is down. Do I break down and order a new mpu board?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 400
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2024, 04:04:14 PM »
If the picture you posted is accurate then you have to be measuring your power supply outputs wrong.  The fluorescent lamps that light up the machine operate off of 25VDC from the main power supply.  You say it measures 1 VDC which can't be right if they are lit as shown in the picture  :Scratch-Head:

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2024, 05:05:59 PM »
Thanks Tilt! You gave me an idea so now hopefully someone can make since of this. We are measuring voltages where the power supply plugs into the backplane. So based off of your observations of the lights being lit I unplugged that connector and turned on the machine. The lights still come on. So my next question is does the power go through something else before it goes to the backplane? I measured the voltage at the connector when it was unplugged and still don’t have the 12 or 24 volts DC however the lights are still powered.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2024, 05:47:45 PM »
The power for the fluorescent lamps splits off of the power supply connector and doesn't go through P13 to the motherboard to get to the lamps.  That same voltage should be at the connector on the motherboard though.  Put the negative lead of your multimeter on the metal interior of the cabinet and positive lead to the orange wire on P13 and you should see + 25VDC, the red should be +13VDC. 

I've attached a the wiring diagram for the power supply which may be helpful.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2024, 06:03:33 PM »
Your backplane connectors have been messed with. Move J2 to J14. Move J3 to J2. There should be another connector somewhere that goes to J3. It will have a red +13v wire but no orange +25v.

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2024, 06:37:19 PM »
The connector at J3 only has the red no orange. No other connectors. Maybe it’s missing?
The voltage just isn’t there at p13.
I’m not crazy. I’ve checked it multiple times in my working s2000. The voltage is matching what you say.
When I check it in the non working s2000 it might hit 5 or 6 VDC sometimes and slowly drops to 0.
Older post on the issue mostly poor at the power supply but I’ve put it in the other machine and it works.
Pulling my hair out on this one!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2024, 07:03:53 PM »
Duh!  :duh:
I was looking at Bunker's picture not yours. Disregard. Your cabinet is an early one and possibly a Vision cabinet with the speakers inside the top box and no sub woofer I assume. I see no close up picture of your backplane connections.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2024, 07:13:34 PM »
Pull J13 off of the motherboard and check voltages with it disconnected.  There may be a short somewhere causing the power supply to shut down?  It could only apply to the +13VDC side though, because the +25VDC must be up for the fluorescent lamps to light up.  If I pull J13 off of one of my S2000's I only have the fluorescent lamps lit, no LEDs on the MPU, but my VFD is also dead as in blank.  That's with a 5-5-2 display. 

Offline 702collector

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2024, 07:48:35 PM »
You are onto something Tilt. With J13 disconnected orange hit 17Vdc then drops to 0. You can watch the voltage drop. Tried it several times and each time the voltage started lower but always dropped to zero.
The red shows negative voltage starting around-7 then goes to zero

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2024, 07:52:25 PM »
Hmmm.  None of that makes any sense.  Try a different meter, or maybe it needs new batteries? 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal