New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: bally continental lucky bars manuals  (Read 392 times)

Offline domi

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • domi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
bally continental lucky bars manuals
« on: September 10, 2024, 08:24:10 AM »
Hi All,

I am new here and I just purchased a slot machine Lucky Bars Continental , Credit Pay model 910. I search everywhere on the eternet and cannot find any documentation about this machine.
it is complete but has been modified to do ????, don't know.
I would like to find the wiring diagram to reset it to original, many wires have been cut or short-circuited and even the score motor was disconnected.
would someone here have of know where I could have that service manual. I have many but for some reason that machine is not listed.
thank you for your help
br, dominique

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: bally continental lucky bars manuals
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2024, 09:09:23 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:
I'm moving this to Bally EM.
Please post a photo of your machine. There's some documentation listed here that might help. Hopefully our expert, member Wolftalk will chime in.
http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/910-1%20and%20910-2/
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2024, 12:58:15 AM »
Hi all,
here are some pictures of the machine and model, this is the first one of this series I think, the model with the pay-out 910
hope this help
thank you
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 08:28:23 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2024, 08:41:05 PM »
the 910 and 910-1 were made for belgium.  If there's a manual with parts diagrams, I don't know about it.

I don't have the schematic, but the 910-1 schematic will be similar, but you'd need to ignore all the parts related to switching payout to happen directly with the hopper. 

you have a hopper and people can do something to cash out credits on the register?

the reel wiper wiring is a different on the 910 vs. the 910-1, but oddly I have the reel wiper wiring so I posted it to https://bingo.cdyn.com/slos/910/

the odds unit disc is probably close/same as the 891-1

if you can post pics of the internals - especially the stuff with cut wires, that'd be great.  If you can take highest possible resolution pictures and email them to slotpics@cdyn.com, I'll add them to the https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ dumping ground.

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2024, 08:17:59 AM »
Hi,

no wonder I could not find the diagram then!!!!!! (I bought it in belgium).

thank you for your reply, I will make some photos during the weekend and post them
the part that was modified , not really sure but, something to do with the payout and hopper, it has a replay counter that can be used then put the rest of the replay to the payout hopper (I think), the wiring on the hopper (beau connector) was modified and an extra connector was added. also in the head, wires cut and some contacts short-circuited. the motor was removed (I had a spare one). other than that, it is all complete. just need to find out the right paths for the wires.
thank you for your help.
Dominique

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2024, 09:32:19 AM »
I forgot to mention the 910 was pay-to-register only. 

the 901-1 and 910-2 were operator configurable to pay to register or hopper using a key switch on the handle side of the cabinet.  The key operated a couple pretty large switch stacks to flip circuits between the hopper and register.

the same idea was used on the 891-1 (configurable) and 891-8 (register only), so you can look at those schematics on the https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ site as well.

the 910 is kinda a simplified 891.  The 891 did right to left pays while the 910 didn't.  The 910 used DC some circuits while the 891 was all AC.  Besides those major differences, the circuits are pretty similar between the two models.

if someone wanted to convert a 910 to configurable pay, getting the big switches and bracket would be the hard part.  A reasonable other way to do it is use a couple jones sockets and move the plug between them to set the configuration.  You'd need a bit of extra wiring added all over the place tho.

the conversions I've seen just abandoned the register and made the game coin pay only.  Personally, I prefer the register for home use as dropping in coins gets old after a while.

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2024, 02:08:34 AM »
Hi,
 thank you for your answers , they are very helpful.
also for the 891 business, (I have an 892-)
attached see some pics of the mods, not easy to trace but, the connector next to the beau connector (next to hopper) has been added and one side goes to the hopper and the other side goes mostly to the top of the machine.
the one with the key switch is the one I think that goes to the counter or/and the hopper according to the position.
all the wires from the added connector go to the head where you can seen some additional wires and some moved. sorry if this is not clear.
as you see also the motor was disconnected.
thank you again for your support, greatly appriciated., D

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2024, 02:10:32 AM »
and another one of the added connector

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2024, 10:06:12 AM »
got a picture of the hopper and where the extra wires are going on it?

if ya get a chance to email highest possible resolution pics to slotpics@cdyn.com, you've got me interested :-)  pics of:

1] entire back of top board

2] hopper front, back and side plus other pics of where the added wires are going

3] inside the entire top compartment plus angles needed to read labels

4] inside the cabinet areas with reel and hopper mechs removed

5] all sides of the reel mech

the reset relay was probably key-operated and getting paid for credits was done by hand.  After paying in cash, turn a key to activate the reset relay and the odds/score motor turned on and removed the credits.   

it'll be a bit of fun putting it back to original, but should be doable.  I'd suggest figuring out what the jones plug near the fuses is doing. 

does the game do anything currently?  Can you deposit multiple coins to advance the payout odds?

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2024, 09:32:19 AM »
Hello,

I just sent you some pictures, hopefully it will help,

"does the game do anything currently?  Can you deposit multiple coins to advance the payout odds?"

the game does not do anything at the moment, just some clicks when making the coin contact manually but nothing else happens. it does not even accept the coins although using the right ones.

" I'd suggest figuring out what the jones plug near the fuses is doing.=

since the game is not doing anything it is hard to figure out, all I can say is that most of the cables go to the hopper, just some of them going to the top of the game.

I will spend some time trying to figure out the wiring but not easy. I checked with the wiring diagram but it does not seem to correspond to the game. the plugs on the diagram seem to be bigger than the ones on the game, (unless I am mistaken and cannot read it properly).

other then that, the game is clean and mechanically it works perfectly.

thanks for all

dominique

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2024, 12:38:13 PM »
pictures added to https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

is the hopper beau plug damaged and they ran the extra jones plug/wires to fix it instead of replacing the beau plug?

your payout disc is different than the docs for the 910, but it's functionally equivalent as long as there's diodes connected on the 20 trace and the spot with the black/red wire connected next to CO trace.

the jones plugs in the top compartment look mostly like wiring for the 891-8 except their changes.

the 910-gaa schematic on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ may have been created from the 910 schem, so it's possible some of it is useful.  That along with the 891-8 schematic should give you a pretty good start on how the wiring should be.

main differences on the 891-8 (ignoring the extra pays in the reel wiring) is:

1] the 891-8 had a collect button so the player could cash out.  The 910 required turning a key to activate the reset relay.  The gaa schem is probably closer to what you have, but the gaa plug chart isn't useful.

2] gaa rewired the game, so the wire colors are often different.  Look for the equiv. wire on the 891-8 or if necessary the 910-1 schematic

3] your game doesn't have a payout relay (insert), so switches labelled that on the 910-gaa are likely on the payout relay on the hopper.

the brown/white and yellow wires on the door were for a ramp switch used for a cash box meter to count coins diverted to the stand or overflow.  I'd tape them off better and tuck them away.

the switch in the top compartment next to the reset relay is the replay button switch.  Its wires should go to the insert plugs wires 81-3 and 83-1.  I'd look at where someone reconnected that switch to get an idea of what they were trying to accomplish.

wrt making the game work, toggling the coin switch may not do much if you have credits on the replay register.  The game should reject coins when you have credits.  Suggest you manually remove the credits and if toggling the coin switch doesn't reset the odds unit and trip the coin release and handle release relays, see if the anti-cheat relay is powering and holding itself powered.

you've got some modifications on the anti-cheat relay, and it may be worth sorting that out first.  A quick hack is to use a zip tie to hold down the armature plate onto the coil top to disable the anti-cheat relay ... you don't need it for home use as it's only there to shut down the game if a tilt switch it opened by thumping the game. 

the side effect of permanently strapping down the anti-cheat relay armature is if you insert a coin and turn the game off/on without spinning the handle, an added coin will increase the odds instead of resetting. 

does any of that help?

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2024, 07:22:19 AM »
Hi,
of course this helps, your help is greatly appriciated.

I checked the diodes on the hopper, there are 3 of them , (see pictures)
only one pin on the beau plug is damaged, (pin#5 round one) wirej#21-3 on the diagram if it is the correct one. just don't see where it is on it. it was diverted to the new plug. all others seem to be OK.
I will check both wiring diagram and see what comes out of it.
there is a black button on the from of the game right below the reel window, don't know what it does and one on the right side next to the key for the reset relay ((??)
your list of things to do is long, I am working on it but not finished yet. but nothing else
with or without credit on the counter, the coin switch always engages the 1st relay  (odds reset) on the left on the top of cabinet but nothing else , the anti-cheat relay is engaged.
so more when I find the time to work on it, kinda nightmare but I will get there eventually.
thanks again,

d

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2024, 10:45:01 AM »
hmmm ... now I'm guessing the 910 didn't have a way to pay coins originally - it had the dummy hopper with the payout counter and a couple relays only (see the 2021-04-03 11.43.09.jpg file in the 910 GAA pics).

someone added a coin hopper and for whatever reason they didn't/couldn't run the necessary wires to control the hopper motor, delay relay, etc.  thru the 30 pin hopper plug.  The GAA hopper plug with a dummy hopper is 24 pin.

I'd unscrew the hopper socket in the cabinet and flip it around to see what pins are being used and compare the wiring to the 910-1 or 891-8.  You kinda need to diagram that connection and their added one to figure out what they did.

your diodes are right per the w-923-257 diagram.

a white button near the top of the handle if for playing credits.  The nice thing ... assuming it works like my 929 ... is you can hold the button in to quickly increase the odds to max.  You don't need to push the button a bunch of times before each pull.

there's a pic of the 929 reset relay in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ that shows how the key moves the armature plate.  The normal position of the unit is tripped (after relay powers), and you mechanically latch it to remove the credits.  When the register reaches 0000 the reset relay trips automatically.

the 929 schem may help ya also, but there's differences since the 929 is more like a 910-2. 

wire 21-3 traditionally connects to the hopper coin level switch (microswitch controlled by the wiffle ball float in the hopper bowl) and controls the coin diverter on the door to send coins to the overflow when the hopper is full.  If the original 910 didn't have coin pay, there wouldn't be a coin diverter - all coins went to the overflow.

coin switch powering the odds reset relay is right.  It should also fire the odds unit reset solenoid if the odds unit isn't already reset and most importantly trip the coin relay. 

if the coin relay doesn't trip, check the switch on it with wires 21-1 and 83.  If you have a long enough jumper wire, you can test the coil by attaching one end to 83 on the coin relay coil and the other end touch to 30 on the coin switch.

I usually leave the reels out of the game and jump 70 from a door coil or insert panel coil to 70 on the coin relay, then you can jumper 30 to the non-70 wires on the coils on the reel mech to test them quickly.  e.g. https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/videos/50V_Jumper_Testing.mp4

I'll shut up now since ya probably know all the above or can easily figure it out yourself :-)

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2024, 12:02:14 AM »
Hi,

thank you for your great help, looks like I have a loot to check there, my to have bought a modified 910, at least it was cheap enough.

your comments are very appriciated and I thank you for this. I have many machines on the bench including bingo machines and jukeboxes, that will keep me busy for a while

again thank you

dominique

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2024, 07:18:28 PM »
bingos ... that means you're one of the few that knows what my profile picture is :-)

if you ever see an official manual for bally galaxy, yell.  That one has never made an appearance as they weren't shipped with the game.  It's not known if one even exists.

Offline domi

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:44:39 AM »
Hi,

I had a galaxy, I sold it a few years ago but I think I still have the documentation, let me check

I had 65 bingo machines in my collection, now it is down to 15.

I am abroad at the moment, I will check as soon as back home, D

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal