New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E 831 9 Tilt on Pwr On  (Read 257 times)

Offline MLICHTSCHEIDL

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MLICHTSCHEIDL New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally E 831 9 Tilt on Pwr On
« on: September 12, 2024, 03:23:05 PM »
Noob here with a Bally E 831 9 that was offered to me.
When applying power Tilt is lit and the LED on the top right shows 50 .0.08.

I found a manual for it, but nothing regarding what I assume is a error code.  I forced the hopper switch to simulate a full hopper but no change.  Not sure where to start looking or next steps.  I have a electronics background,  but been awhile. I saw something about tests that can be run, but nothing more than that.

<<update>>  So with the tremendous amount of reading and searching, it seems as though this code is '50' for door open and '.0.08' is no zero cross detected.  So I'll start chasing that. 

Help very much appreciated!

Mark
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 07:33:28 PM by MLICHTSCHEIDL »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E 831 9 Tilt on Pwr On
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2024, 04:07:21 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Topic moved to Bally Reel Games (E series), from Welcome Wagon.

You should get a response soon.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline MLICHTSCHEIDL

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2024, 09:33:16 AM »
Flakey stuff!  Pulled everything out, reseated every cable,  connector and socketed chip and currently working fine.  For how long we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 07:47:23 PM by MLICHTSCHEIDL »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2024, 09:35:27 AM »
Good to hear! Keep us posted. I had a Bally E series... once. We didn't get along! I divorced it.  :rotfl:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline MLICHTSCHEIDL

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2024, 06:41:09 PM »
I've looked alot trying to find machines similar to this to come up with a value on it, but only seem to find 3 line nickel or quarter, where this is a 5 line quarter.  While the model is a 831-9 and a E series, i am guessing comparable or considered a E1000 (definitely not a EM)?

Condition i would say is good and working for now.  All glass and bulbs good.  Since I worked on it has an occasional coin stick, 1 in 10?
Looking for the low and high value.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2024, 09:20:15 AM »
Determining value for older E series machines is difficult. In many cases it depends on location and/or demand for it.
Older slots (even some mechanical antiques) have dropped in value/prices, at least here in Southern California. 
Sadly, there are less people that have the ability or desire to work on something like this. Young people would rather stare at phone screens than learn something technical, especially with older electronics that require some basic skills.
If you're just fixing/flipping... put an ad in the NLG classifieds. Maybe start at $500 and see what happens.

Offline MLICHTSCHEIDL

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2024, 05:40:39 PM »
Appreciate your input.  I myself figured between 3 to 5 hundred if lucky.  Machine belongs to a friend who says he paid 1k for it quite a few years back.  From what I've seen searching, thats not going to happen.  A local shop said, put it on the curb  :Tongue_Out:, as he didn't want to work on this model.  Repair costs could be high, so I took a shot at it and its worked now the past few days I fired it up and tested.  He wants to sell it, I personally would rather have a pinball machine, so will be interesting to see if it goes and for how much.

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • slcjeeper Is working their way up.slcjeeper Is working their way up.slcjeeper Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2024, 07:23:31 AM »
I would concentrate on the door switches. The 50 error does not clear until the completion of the first game. So anytime the door is opened and closed, expect a 50 to appear. The top light should also flash until the successful completion of the first game. If the 50 does not clear, then there are 2 places on an E-series to look. The machine typically has two door switches and they are wired in series, so if one doesn’t work, the other will remain open as well. Verify the switch behind the bottom door hinge is adjusted properly and is being engaged. It’s common to find they need to be brought forward a little bit. On some machines Bally used a cap over the switch plunger which gave it extra length to be engaged, though this was mostly on the V series machines, I have come across that switch style occasionally on an E-series. The more problematic switch is under the door lock. If this switch is still active, remove it and jump the wires together.  The door hinge switch needs to remain active in order to clear tilts and to access the internal menu. With the door open, access test #3 and the display will react to the action of each switch in the machine giving a code for its location. Once the door switch is activated or closed, the test will terminate and the machine returns to a state for gameplay. If a game is attempted to be played with the door switch in an open state, a tilt will result.

Unfortunately E-series machines don’t hold a lot of value. Working 100% usually a few hundred. Not working, $50-75. There is little support for these and unless you can do the repairs yourself, repairs can become cost prohibitive. If you find yourself needing parts, check with Alan “Badbaud” at K-LAR in Vegas.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • slcjeeper Is working their way up.slcjeeper Is working their way up.slcjeeper Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2024, 07:33:34 AM »
Forgot to mention that Bally re-released  many of their most popular EM machines as E-series and that’s why you have an E-831. They’re not too common anymore as so many have ended up in the dump. 
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline MLICHTSCHEIDL

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2024, 07:52:42 PM »
Great info, thanks guys!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2024, 08:24:42 AM »
Forgot to mention that Bally re-released  many of their most popular EM machines as E-series and that’s why you have an E-831. They’re not too common anymore as so many have ended up in the dump.

And luckily, mine ended up in your hands and was saved!  :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal