New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-Plus slot Missing Door harness to CC and wire mod  (Read 174 times)

Online LuckyDog

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • LuckyDog New User has no influence.
  • Chasin' electrons is so much fun should be a sport
S-Plus slot Missing Door harness to CC and wire mod
« on: October 13, 2024, 04:02:39 PM »
After fixing other issues on this newly acquired S-Plus slot machine, I seem to be down to the Coin In section.

Initially powering up the machine gave a 21 error.  Took apart the ABC section & gave it a good cleaning.  Stink bugs had come with the machine, all over including optics module.  Cleaned the CC and replaced the cap.

Put the coin comparitor and ABC sections back in machine and realized there was no cable to connect to the coin comparitor's tiny 3 pin connector.  No cables in the door have any connector that mates.

I inspected and removed cable marked 600-10200 that connects to the ABC section. It also had a 4 pin and 3 pin connector that was routed to an empty dbv or maybe a tito opening.  I unwrapped the black tape on the 3 pin connector to find pins 1 & 3 wires cut off & twisted together.

Thinking it might be some kind of hack for free play or.... Reinstalled the coin mechanism back where it was & tried the machine again.

Turned the machine on and was surprised to find it worked.  Played a couple dozen spins with the machine seeming to play as it should; accepts coins (to the hopper), spins, & pays out normally.

Turned off.  Came back an hour later and back to error 21.

Questions:
1) Is there an adapter cable missing that goes between the 3 pin on the 600-10200 cable to the coin comparitor??
2) Does this wire mod put any undue stresses on ABC section or MPU?
3) Is it supposed to work reliably with this mod & CC unpowered?  It makes for a great piggy bank as it accepts any coin. (long as I don't cash out !! )
4) Why is this comparitor connector only 3 pins vs most other CC-16 unit I see that have 6 pins

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2024, 05:58:50 PM by LuckyDog »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 425
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S-Plus slot Missing Door harness to CC and wire mod
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2024, 06:08:06 PM »
Ouch! Your coin harness has been butchered.
If you want, send it to me and I'll repair it for you.

OR

Contact JIM at Midwest Slots for a harness and a proper coin comparitor.
His phone number's on the homepage of NLG up in the vendor listings.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 06:00:28 AM »
Check out this post about coin comparitors I made.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32977.msg174743#msg174743

From your post it seems your machine will work as is.

Error 21 is a coin in jam.

I'm not familiar with the 2 wires twisted together to get what appears to be free play.  When I have time later I can look at the schematics and see what they do.

I don't see a sample coin in the comparitor pictures. Install one if you haven't already.

You said the coins all go into the hopper... if so the rake on the coin comparitor must be bypassed or something. On a working machine the coins would fall through to the coin tray.

You don't connect any plug to the 3 pin connector on the comparitor.

With the sample coin installed, and the harness plugged in, turn the machine on, open the door and press the small white button on the optics board to do test to add coins. If that works, I think your machine will work properly if you get the 2 wires connected again to that connector.

Let me know how it goes.
Send me a PM if you want to get help.

Take a picture of the other side of the coin comparitor and post it please.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 308
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:52:55 AM »
First off, you have the wrong cc in the machine, that cc is for dollars, not small coin.
we need a picture of your coin optic board, the actual components side, I want to see if Q-2 or Q-4 has been removed, I am guessing that it has been.
as for the the two wires twisted together, tape them separately, not together, they are the lockout signal that would turn on the cc-16 and send a signal to the optic board. you do not need them in your current situation.
basically someone modified the dollar cc to route quarters through it and get them into the coin optics.

do the Popsicle test <10-1,11-1, 12-1 test to test the optics, press the white test button beneath the 10 pin connector on the optic board and see if it puts a credit on the machine.

tape the wires, see if closing the door will clear the 21 code, then do the test.

Hope this helps.

Jim

P.S. That three pin connector where they snipped the two wires from, that is where you would typically plug the three pin harness with either the three pin connector for dollar cc, or the six pin connector for small coin.

with Q_2 or Q-4 removed, you can use a mechanical acceptor, or what they did to the dollar cc to get the coin into the coin optic, you do not need any harness or anything else, as long as the coin goes into the coin optic and goes into the hopper.     

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Online LuckyDog

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • LuckyDog New User has no influence.
  • Chasin' electrons is so much fun should be a sport
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:21:36 PM »
Thanks for the great info guys.

Have a real cluster f--- of a coin assembly here.
The head looks to be a quarter, comparitor a $ unit, and the optics are a nickle!

Removed the complete coin assembly and butchered cable from the S+ and replaced it with a known good setup from a quarter PE+ Poker machine. Used the cables from the poker unit.

Still getting 21 error that won't go away.

Will try the popsicle test & look into the self test menu's tomorrow.  This is my first S+ experience and the menus look a bit intimidating

Found a CC 16-D .100 laying around.  Would this be compatible with the nickle optics?
Concerned as there is a 4th wire cut off of the sensing unit.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 308
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:22:53 AM »
thanks for the pictures.  helps alot.   
the nickel encoder is not a problem, a quarter will pass through the encoder and work just fine, been doing it for years.

the red wire is a problem, it would have to be repaired. it goes to the connector with the other three wires.

since you replaced the entire unit with a known good one and still get a 21  code leads me to think your door optics are not clearing that code.???  does the display go blank when you closed the door and latch down after replacement?  or does the code remain on the display constantly? 

you could put the metal bracket with the optics from your s plus machine in the poker, using the harness and cc-16 from the poker machine, they are the same, this will test those optics and eliminate one thing.

once we can clear the 21 code  I have a fix for the other issues,

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal