New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ hopper wont dispense quarters  (Read 8608 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
IGT S+ hopper wont dispense quarters
« on: December 16, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »
I have a IGT S+ machine that when tokens are in it the hopper works perfect. If i switch over to quarters like was originally in this slot. The quarters will not dispense. Maybe 1 every once in a while. Its like they get hung under the hopper knife. I guess the tokens are a little wider. Would this be the case? Is there a fine adjustment i could do to this to get it to dispense the quarters? Thanks for any help

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ hopper wont dispense quarters
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 08:58:24 PM »
Just to be sure, let me ask a silly question: did you replace the "sample" coin on the front door with a real quarter?
No offense, sir, but it has happened..... :)

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »
Not replacing the sample coin would not let it except quarters. It would not keep the hopper from paying them out. It accepts quarters fine just like tokens. Just wont pay the quarters out like it will the tokens?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:09:58 AM »
The knife may be worn/warped to the point that it picks up the wider tokens just fine, but has problems with the quarters.  You can try heating and bending the knife so it hugs the hopper wheel better and also filing down the tip so it's a nice sharp edge, or just install a new replacement knife and you should be in business.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 09:44:28 AM »
Thanks for the replies so far. I took the hopper apart and got it where i could see what is going on. If a token is in it then it will just roll right uo the knife like it should. If a quarter is in it then it wedges between the dividers or what ever you call them and the knife. I will ad a pic. Would the only way to fix this be to replace the knife?

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:49 AM »
That's a IKE silver dollar setup
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 10:49:09 AM »
I think you have to change your shelf wheel and possibly the pinwheel which both have  to be the proper size for a quarter. These are the items that change on the hopper when you change coin size.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
I have three other igt s+ machines that have the exact same hopper in them and they all do tokens and quarters perfect. I am afraid to take one of those knifes off. Afraid i might get it not working. All for of these machines have the .25 set up on them.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »
Always turn machines off before removing/inserting a coin hopper in a S+ machine. Once in a great while it will throw a 3100 error that can only be cleared with a ram or set chip.

Use one of the other hoppers from another machine to clear the credits on the non-working hopper machine. You should buy an agitator and quarter shelf wheel and should be fine then for the hopper in the picture.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »
So this is not a quarter shelf wheel? Man it looks just like the other 3. Looks the same size. Maybe not. Can you post a pic of both sizes please. Thanks

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
So this is not a quarter shelf wheel? Man it looks just like the other 3. Looks the same size. Maybe not. Can you post a pic of both sizes please. Thanks

Most coins will have the top of the coin closer to the top of the OD of the pin wheel (see the old round spots where the quarters would normally sit before someone changed the shelf wheel). In the picture it looks like the pin is going to push the quarter down into the hopper knife causing coin jams.

You can remove the shelf wheels from your hoppers and compare them from one hopper to the other by taking the 3 screws out from the center (holding rubber agitator). Just make sure the hopper knife is adjusted correctly before putting back into use.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 05:40:56 PM »
I measured my shelf wheel it is 6 1/8 inches wide. What should the width of a .25 one be for a s+? Any idea where i could get this stuff?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 303
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 07:24:06 AM »
you have to replace the shelf wheel, the quarter should make it to the outside (within 1/16) of the pin wheel. your pin wheel is correct for quarter and token use.  I have 25 cent shelf wheel  and agitators  for sale.   

that will correct your problem.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 02:03:52 PM »
I measured my shelf wheel it is 6 1/8 inches wide. What should the width of a .25 one be for a s+? Any idea where i could get this stuff?

5.375" Pictures attached. Brand new quarter shelf wheel.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 02:12:05 PM »
I measured one as well 5 3/8" as Ken already stated. Yours is too small. How can it be 6 1/8"? Did you mean 5 1/8"? You definitely need to replace that agitator & a new knife is not a bad idea either. Be sure it is flush with the pin wheel & tight against the shelf when reinstalling. You should get years of service from your hopper when done. Good luck!
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »
He sent a text .. he re-measured and it is 5 1/8"

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 303
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
your in box is full, so you can't receive pm's.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 07:07:22 PM »
Ok thanks. Did not realize you could only have 10

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 07:21:22 AM »
Ok thanks. Did not realize you could only have 10

For your info:  *****

NLG Member 501 TO 1000 Posts.
Max personal messages: 25

NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts.
Max personal messages: 20

NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts.
Max personal messages: 15

New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post.
Max personal messages: 10

Registered Unknown Member 0 Post.
Max personal messages: 5

Ron (r273)
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 01:23:28 PM »
Thanks Ron

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal