New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Printer Hookup?  (Read 869 times)

Offline Archilea

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Archilea New User has no influence.
  • Newb
Printer Hookup?
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:03:20 PM »
I'd like to think this would be a simple topic. 

I have a printer, with tickets. It doesn't seem to work.
The ribbon cable is plugged in, but there are no lights for "Feed" and "cut" buttons on the side.

There is a 1/4" round black cable with two connectors that appears to come out from behind the printer, but I can't tell if it's part of the printer or not.

Neither connector is plugged in. I looked around the top box for matching connectors, and there are none.

Am I missing a harness?
Should this cable go to the lower box and plug in somewhere?
In the Options menu, I am unable to Enable the printer.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Printer Hookup?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »
Yes, the connector on the left should plug-in in the top box.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 04:20:48 PM »
There is an additional harness needed that connects the printer harness to the distribution board in the top box.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline nglayton

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • nglayton New User has no influence.
  • I have too many hobbies......
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 04:21:31 PM »
There are some pics over at the end of this thread that might help

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:15:42 AM »
Thanks, RB. It looks like that harness is a 10-pin to 8-pin harness... and the connector on the end of my printer is a 12-pin. Is that just a different cable also?

I don't see any 12-pin connectors anywhere - Could this be from a different machine type, perhaps? I don't know if it was ever connected, honestly.

nglayton - Different printer (And connectors), but that's a very helpful thread. Is there a way to bookmark threads on this board? There are several that I've found worth saving. I sent it to myself, but I was looking for a bookmark action...

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 05:42:12 AM »
8 pin to 10 pin is correct. You don't have the correct harness for IGT on your printer. If I see it correctly that is a WMS printer. Has it been flashed for IGT???

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 07:58:08 AM »
That I don't know.  It came in the machine, but was not connected. I don't know the history, unfortunately.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 08:21:28 AM »
Your picture is blurry but I believe it says WMS on the side of the printer head.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »
RB, you are correct - WMS

The printer says 2001, and the slot was manufactured in 2005, so I assume the printer was added by someone at a later date.

Which do you recommend?
  • Buy an IGT printer (Assuming they are available)
  • Re-Flash & Re-wire the WMS (Assuming it can be done)

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »
Picture posting is not friendly at the moment...

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 04:25:48 PM »
It looks like I have the distribution panel with open connectors...

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 05:39:57 PM »
The Netplex white Molex plug laying on the floor of the topbox, in the red circle I drew, plug that into the printer plug with the power switch OFF.

Turn on the machine, pull out the ticket drawer and look at the LED lights on the left side of the printer.
If the orange LED light is on ( between the scissors and roll of paper symbols), load it up with a stack of TITO tickets.

Press the test button on the MPU, navigate the menu.
Go to "Netplex Auto-Configure" setting and see if the machine "sees" the printer firmware.
If it doesn't, then the label is correct and then you'll know that somebody before you shoved the wrong printer in there.

If that Netplex plug doesn't even fit your printer plug, you know you got the wrong printer.

I cant tell from here in that mess how many pins are in it anyway.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 06:39:33 PM »
A few zip ties to put the candle and fan wiring back up would make it a lot neater. The unused black flat connector goes to nothing & that wiring can be traced and completely removed.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 09:14:11 AM »

Yup - It's a mess.

Right now I'm trying to get it all working, and then we'll have a "Cleanup phase" to tidy it all up. It's just easier to trace wiring without having it all tied up into a nice bundle.:P

I ordered a printer and I'll update when I get it. 

The previous owners did not think that a printer had been added while they had it, but it obviously was not the original ticket printer either. Oh well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal