New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Connecting Edwards 55 jackpot bell  (Read 1975 times)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Connecting Edwards 55 jackpot bell
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 11:09:27 AM »

I tried to connect the chime to the cash box unit and I notice that it doesn’t count the first coin every time I try playing,  so it only chime on the two last coins in every game?

The game it self working good when I’m playing three coins and it lights up accepting three lines play  :)

cash box meter wasn't the greatest suggestion :-(

the cash box meter only increments when a coin is diverted directly to the cash box - bypassing the full hopper.  If an inserted coin goes into the hopper instead, the coin box meter is not changed.

bally typically connected the chime to the two wires on the terminals of the "total in" meter:

1] one wire is usually orange wire 70 - the 50V power wire from the fuse, tho some games stuck a door switch in between so the meter didn't increment when the door was open.  You can always connect one lug on the chime coil to wire 70 wherever it's convenient to attach to.

2] the other wire goes to game circuits. 

if you don't have a total in meter, the [2] wire above is also the wire on the handle release coil, but some games disconnected the handle release coil after the first coin causes the handle release to trip.

without the right schematic, you'd have to either try it or :

- look to see if the not-orange-70 wire on the handle release coil loops up to a switch on the handle release relay assembly
- if it does, does that switch open when the handle release coil is tripped?
- if yes, you want to connect the chime to the wire on the other blade of the switch - the wire not going to the handle release coil terminal

you could also connect the chime to the wires on the coin relay, but the risk is if you get a problem that keeps the coin switch closed, you'd probably burn up the chime coil.

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 11:29:05 AM »

I meant the total coin in meter that goes to the hopper when I said cash box meter

I have both the total in and out meter, but the total in meter doesn’t count the first coin, and that make the counting wrong, but that is not a big issue but it doesn’t give the chime coil the first plus and the chime only works on the second coin..

I don’t have any door switch so I don’t know why the first coin don’t give the total in meter any plus..

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »

just to sanity check, you're talking about the 831 here, right?

on the line unit relay is a SPDT switch with a brown wire on the middle blade and when the relay isn't powered it should connect to a blade with a white/blue wire.  Check that switch is cleaned/adjusted and see if the total-in meter and chime works on the first coin.

most of the games have a door switch that prevents the meters from working when the door is open.  If the total-in meter doesn't have orange wire 70 on it, then you probably have that switch .. tho it may be disabled if the meters work with the door open.

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »

Yes I’m still on the 831 and you where right about the line unit relay, I cleaned it and a little fine adjustment and it seams to work now. I connected the chime to the orange 70 and the brown wire that goes to the total meter in meter and it looks like it’s working as it should now!

:thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal