New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Red White and Blue problem  (Read 5456 times)

Offline gkeller

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gkeller New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S Red White and Blue problem
« on: July 14, 2016, 06:48:37 PM »
I have a Red White and Blue machine that I recently replaced the battery and the coin comparitor. I pressed the reset button and turn the jackpot key 1 time as that is what I have read to do. When I close the door it goes through the cycle and the reels spin. The bottom candle light flashes but when I put a coin in and pull the lever the candle goes off and the machine works. However there is no read out in the coins played or credits windows. Once it hits a a pay out line nothing comes out but the alarm sounds and the lower candle comes on. I have to reset it to make it work again. I tested the 10 coin pay out on the hopper and it works. I am not very knowledgeable with these machines but I have some technical skills. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:00:37 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT S Red White and Blue problem
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Perhaps some of the settings were lost when the battery died, such a credit limit, hopper limit, etc. Are you able to get into the setup menu system and check settings?

Welcome to NLG website!   :wave:

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I have never done that before but I figured out how to do the hopper test. Is it in the same self test mode? Not sure where to find instructions.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:29:41 PM »
Yes, you use the white test button to step thru the various menu steps and check settings, then press other buttons to make any needed changes. Others here more familiar with the process can give you detailed help if needed.

At the top of this forum board are a bunch of "stick notes", they are permanent discussions about certain common topics. One of them has some instructions that are helpful on setting the various options in a machine. The instructions are in a spreadsheet format, there are page tabs at the bottom for the different popular chips found inside your machine on the main circuit board (called the mpu board).  This may appear daunting at first, but most people get thru it after getting some additional help here, and as the owner of a machine it is good to get more familiar with how to set it up or make preference changes.

Here is the link to one of the sticky notes pertaining to setup options:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=586.0

Feel free to ask any questions. The chip inside your machine that controls what setup options and menu steps you have is known by an "SP" number, such as SP871, etc. There is a way to display the SP number on your machine front display, or you can remove the main logic board (mpu board) and look at the SP chip, read its label.  It may be easier for you to determine what SP chip you have by displaying it on the front display, I don't know the steps to do that, maybe someone will chime in with instructions.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:45:37 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 07:45:06 PM »
Thank you I will give it a try.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »
Since the machine pretty much works but locks up & alarms when you get a winning spin it sounds like it is going into jackpot lockup on any win, which requires a reset switch activation to clear. That's why I think some of your settings were lost or went to default when the battery died.

Here are instructions to find out what SP chip you have in your machine:
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »
I'm still not clear.. After the initial reverse reel spin does the insert coin light come on?  Also, are you saying that the displays never show anything or only that there is no change in them when it should pay?

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »
Off Track insert coin does light up but nothing ever appears in either the winner paid or credits windows when playing. Also no error code appears both are blank. However in test mode both displays work.

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 08:14:25 PM »
   rokgpsmanWhen I have 4 showing in the coins played I have 3287 and 0 flashing back and forth in the Winner Paid and 0611 steady in the Credit.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 08:27:16 PM »
   rokgpsmanWhen I have 4 showing in the coins played I have 3287 and 0 flashing back and forth in the Winner Paid and 0611 steady in the Credit.

Is your machine an S or an S+?

Can you pull your mpu board and post photo of the 2 eproms on the board? Something isn't adding up.    :Scratch-Head:

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 08:37:22 PM »
Please see attached

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 08:54:00 PM »
ok, you have an S+, although your title on this topic says "IGT S", not S+, so just wanted to double-check.

Here is some info on what I think your game is, does the glass look like the one on this webpage:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Red,%20White%20&%20Blue%20(2%20Coin%20Multiplier.htm

It is a 2 coin max game, the payback win percentage is about 90%.

Your SP chip is SP611. Your mpu board is what is known as the "10 mhz" version, there is a newer one called the 16 mhz version. The easy way to tell the 10 mhz boards is they have the blue volume control, the 16 mhz boards do not have a volume control, volume adjustment is done in the setup menus.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:39:28 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 08:58:07 PM »
Yes see attached

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 09:03:29 PM »
Your SP chip is an older one and not covered in the guide for setup options I posted earlier. Below is the SP611 info, it should let you check the various settings on your machine. If you change something you might want to write down the menu number and what the setting was, in case you need to refer to it if something unexpected happens.

Although it is good to check the machine settings when things don't work correctly after replacing the battery, keep in mind there could another reason for what is happening. So if the settings look ok other possibilities will need to be checked.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:38:40 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »
Thank you I will go through it tomorrow and see what I can do. I really appreciate the help :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 08:59:59 AM »
Here is a good walk-thru of a similar process from another discussion, it is for a different SP chip than yours but I thought it might be helpful to read thru.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=11917.msg65157#msg65157

Sometimes it just takes one setting to be the one causing the machine to do what you don't want. I suppose you could have something else going on, like a defective part, but if everything was working ok until the battery replacement that doesn't seem likely. Let us know how it goes.

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »
Success!! Thank you for the help it is very much appreciated.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »
Success!! Thank you for the help it is very much appreciated.

Glad you got it working. For the benefit of others that may have a similar problem what did you find was wrong and what did you do to fix it?

Offline gkeller

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 05:32:51 PM »
No problem. I went into the settings in Self Test for the "Hopper Limit" and "Lower Jackpot Limit" both were sett to "0000" which required an attendant to perform the pay out therefore the machine would go into alarm until it was reset. I changed them to "0999" which is 1 below the machine max payout of 1000 credits. Saved the settings and everything works.

Thanks again and I hope it helps someone else.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »
Thanks for posting the fix.   :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal