New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S plus Error code 21 issue.  (Read 9727 times)

Offline Classix7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Classix7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S plus Error code 21 issue.
« on: July 22, 2016, 02:21:13 AM »
So update !! 

I used the set chip and the BV fired up and the instructions to set the pay out and coin ins. Played for about 3 hrs no problem. Game ran like it did 12 years ago. Only issue was the play two coins. I think
The button is broken. And I'll try to find one on eBay etc

Only issue I now have is after 3 hrs of perfect operations I shut it down via power switch. But when I turned it back on the bill Valedator is in op. Before it would cycle and make the noise on power up. Now it's dead silent. I'm
Not sure if it's a victim of age and just died after 3 hrs. Or something got lost in the programming on power down restart. ??  Suggestions ??

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S plus Error code 21 issue.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:35:21 PM »
So update !! 

I used the set chip and the BV fired up and the instructions to set the pay out and coin ins. Played for about 3 hrs no problem. Game ran like it did 12 years ago. Only issue was the play two coins. I think
The button is broken. And I'll try to find one on eBay etc

Only issue I now have is after 3 hrs of perfect operations I shut it down via power switch. But when I turned it back on the bill Valedator is in op. Before it would cycle and make the noise on power up. Now it's dead silent. I'm
Not sure if it's a victim of age and just died after 3 hrs. Or something got lost in the programming on power down restart. ??  Suggestions ??

So it plays 2 coins, but the bet max credits button isn't working?  Probably right about the button. It's clear on the right and just bumping it will break the bottoms of them. They're pretty old and fragile.
Try removing and reseating the b/v and the bill stacker. Maybe just a bit of a loose connection. I've never had one play perfect and then lose settings just by being shut down. Also I suggest investing in a good quality surge protector. The higher the Jules rating the better. Keep the machine power switch on and use the s/p to turn the game on and off. In my books the less that door is opened and closed, the less wear and tear on the door and components. Try reseating those two and let us know if it helped.
P.S. You didn't clean out the bills when you shut the machine off did you? That could account for the stacker not making a good connection with the b/v, if you didn't get it seated all the way back in.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:37:57 PM »
Thanks Dave.

Ya if I
Push the play two
Coins it doesn't work. But if I bet 2 credits manually it works. I'll pull out the button and inspect it.

And yes I did pull the bills out of the bill collector when I shut it down. I did try reseating it and the BV but I'll keep trying now that I know it's not a loss of programming.

I left it on overnight and now I have a error code 21. Arghhg lol. How does the coin in cause an error when it's just idle overnight lol. Ghosts in the machine.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »
Did opening and closing the door clear the 21 code? They do funny things once in a while. Check all the connections on the b/v power supply. It's hanging on the side of the stacker cage. Also check where it plugs into and gets it's power. I've never had to replace one, but I think it's on the mother board. While you're at it check all the connections on the mother board and make sure nothing is  loose or oxidized. That many years in storage can draw moisture inside. Unplug and plug back in the connectors just to make sure all looks good. As always....have the power off before unplugging or plugging in anything. Let's face it, it could have died but wouldn't be easier to die powered up than in the off position? Electric gizmos do strange things. You can sure check your settings again and see if the b/v is still enabled. It's not going to hurt anything. It won't change any of the other settings to take a look.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:58:37 PM »
I have to tell you, I'm still suspect of the cash can. You removed it and the bills then replaced it. Now powering up the machine the b/v doesn't cycle. Have you tried removing it and re installing it with the power on? That won't hurt anything. Also you'll get to hear if the validator is trying to engage. There are a couple of slides at the back of the cage that the can pins ride on. You might try tweaking them up just a little.

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 05:23:57 PM »
Ya. I'm
At the machine now.

I
Still can't get past the error code 21. I replaced the coin in there. Didn't help. When I power off then on the reels spin it flashes it's working for a second then goes to error 21

Fixed the play 2 credits I think. There was a broken wire. I replaced it and now the button lights up. But can't test it due to error code.

The BV will cycle when I remove the cash box. So it's not the connections. 

I'll work on the code 21 first. Then I can tackle the rest lol

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »
I remember something about not using a cleaner on the optics. I think it was water on a q-tip. If you take it apart, be careful. They are hateful little buggers.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 05:36:45 PM »
Ya I'm not sure even where the optic is. Googling now. And I'd rather not take it apart lol

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 06:08:34 PM »
Ya I'm not sure even where the optic is. Googling now. And I'd rather not take it apart lol

The coin optics are the 2 green circuit boards just below the coin comparitor. The BV optics are the clear glass-looking sensors in the head. The door optics are 2 pieces (tx and rx), one is mounted on the door edge of the cabinet, the other is mounted on the door itself, usually on the sliding security bar. When the door is shut and the sliding bar is latched the two parts of the door optics have to line up for the machine to work, otherwise it still thinks the door is open. On some models of machines there are no door optics, there is a "Cherry" style door switch instead that has a plunger to activate the door switch when the door is open or closed.

You may not need these but here is a handy chart showing S+ error codes and suggested things to do to clear them:

http://www.ohiogaming.com/igterrorcodestroubleshooting.htm

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 06:13:10 PM »
Classix, the original post has been solved. We should really start a new thread for this problem as people who might be able to provide info may not be reading this as it's still listed under the 61 loop. Why don't you start a new thread for this. Also people having this issue will be able to learn from this thread as the original didn't have a 21 code listed. Start a new thread for each problem encountered.

Dave

Thanks Mark for moving this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 06:44:40 PM by Shaggy »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 10:00:31 PM »
The BV will cycle when I remove the cash box. So it's not the connections. 

I'll work on the code 21 first. Then I can tackle the rest lol

You have to fix the error 21 first.  The machine is in a tilt condition right now, and will not attempt to accept coins or bills until the tilt is cleared.  I think you neglected to mention that in what is now the original post in this topic, but the 21 error is why it's not trying to take bills, not because there's a problem with the bill validator.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 10:46:28 PM »
To expand on the error, it's likely that one of the optics died or is stuck on in your coin-in optics assembly.  It tends to happen as these things age, but it's fairly simple to verify.

I'm going to borrow some diagnostic steps from Jim, since he's the expert on the coin-in optics problems.  You're going to need to access the self-test inputs test on your machine.  It should be three or four presses of the white Self Test button (next to the power switch) to enter the self-test inputs mode.  You should see 10 1 (or 10 0) in the Winner Paid display, which indicates that you're at the right place. 

Remove the coin comparator assembly (it pulls out from its plastic retaining clips), and using a popsicle stick (or similar), insert it in the coin path into the optics and see how they respond.

In theory, the 10_1 should change to a 10_0 when the optics are blocked (or when you press the small white button on the optics assembly).

Now, turn the jackpot reset keyswitch on the side of the machine, and you should see 11_1 in the display.  You are now testing the second ("B") optic.  Repeat the popsicle stick test and/or press the white button on the optics, it should change to 11_0 when blocked.

Now, turn the jackpot reset keyswitch on the side of the machine again, and you should see 12_1 in the display.  You are now testing the third ("C") optic.  Repeat the popsicle stick test and/or press the white button on the optics, it should change to 12_0 when blocked.

Put the coin comparator back into place, and be sure to press the white self-test button by the power switch one more time to exit the input test (closing the door while in self-test inputs will not exit the test mode), then close the door.

Let us know your results, please.

you have to get into the diagnostic tests, input test, first thing on the display should be 10_0 or a 1,  remove the cc-16, now, place the stick down through the area where the coin would normally pass, there are three holes in the black plastic piece, each hole represents an optic,  10_1 is optic #1, 11_1 is optic #2, and 12_1 is optic #3.  if you get no change on 10_1(my money is on that ) advance the test to 11_1 and repeat the process, it should change to a 0. also press the small test button on the optic board and it should toggle it as well, now advance it to test 12_1, repeat the process, it should also toggle. 
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 11:52:28 PM »
Awesome thanks guys I will give this a try, Just been RAMMED at work, but i have weds and thurs off to tinker with the machine

Would the DOOR optics not aligning on close also cause an error 21?? or is it strictly limited to the coin optics?

Thanks!!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 02:12:00 AM »
21 is from the coin-in optics. The only way the door optics would come into play is that the machine must see the door open and close in order to attempt to reset the error. If your door optics are working properly, the LED display should go blank for a second or two when you close it. Even if the 21 error returns, that would still confirm that your door optics are working properly.

Bad door optics would never be the cause of a 21 error, however.

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
Ok fun all got time to look into the optics. But left with more questions ?? How do I remove the coin comparator module to clean it? I was able to take out the two screws that house the panel below the coin compatritor but it seems like it's screwed down from the top. Under the front pannal coin slot ?  Also there is a place to plug in a molex on my coin compatritor. But no
Plug ??? I looked around figuring ahha somehow this got unplugged but no dice ? Am I crazy or nothing is plugged in there ?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 01:33:11 PM »
The coin comparator is held in by four clear plastic clips. You just gently, but firmly, pop it out.

Can you post a picture of your comparator where you're missing wires? That sounds strange.

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 02:07:10 PM »
Thanks guys. Hope this helps.

! No longer available

Edited to embed the video.  -knagl
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:12:49 AM by knagl »

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »
Here's a pic of mine on the inside. 1st shows the plug, 2nd shows where it goes through behind the comparator, and 3rd shows where they hook up to after going through the back. In the third picture, the plug is to the left of the c/c and goes into the loom above it.

Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 03:55:45 PM »
I have a big I don't understand here. If the machine was in storage for 6 years and the c/c doesn't work now, could someone have opened it and removed that harness? I mean think about it. If this was the set up in 2010 why did it change in 2016? I assume the c/c worked when you put it in storage. How did parts come to be missing?

Dave

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
I have a big I don't understand here. If the machine was in storage for 6 years and the c/c doesn't work now, could someone have opened it and removed that harness? I mean think about it. If this was the set up in 2010 why did it change in 2016? I assume the c/c worked when you put it in storage. How did parts come to be missing?

Dave

Nope the game was "Stored" here in the house, just not set up, and after that SET/CLEAR issue under the other topic with the stuck in loop 61 code, that video i posted in the other thread a few weeks ago was it WORKING just fine when you guys helped me, everything was working, EXCEPT the "play two coins button" BV was working and there were no errors. I powered the machine OFF, came back the next day to the BV NOT working after i emptied the bill stack, THEN the error 21 started. No one has gone into the cabinet BUT me so that "missing harness" may have been non existent previous, but im always curious when there is an empty plug and an issue.

I did follow what you said Dave, If i remove the bill box, the BV Cycles when i put it back in, and if i look in the slot, i can see two red lights, so its got power and will cycle, BUT because of the sudden 21 error i cant test it.

Now that I know how to pull out the CC ill clean the optics and hope that fixes it..... ?? Thanks!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal