New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT GAME KING "Little Green Men  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
IGT GAME KING "Little Green Men
« on: August 09, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »
I am working on a Game King called little green men, this game is coinless with no coin acceptor and no hopper, it has the following 3 errors on the screen. The button battery was a little low so I soldered some wires on the button and soldered it in the battery circut so I could keep the voltage present. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to clear these errors, or do I have to set the machine up to do that using clear and key chips? If I have to do that, does anyone have a cheat cheat for setting this game up coinless like it is? Thank You and the photo's should tell the story.
Thank You all  :nerd: 
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT GAME KING "Little Green Men
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 09:36:43 PM »
Coin-in Jam combined with Meters disconnected generally indicate a problem with the serial network (SENET) communication between the MPU and serial I/O devices.  You can try to reseat the I/O cards and see if that helps.  It could also be a MPU problem.  Take a close look at U74 for any signs of physical damage.  It's next to the audio board connector on the MPU board. 

If you manage to get the coin-in jam and meters disconnected errors resolved the Options verification will have a touch screen OK button that you touch and that will clear the message.

What is that other white wire on the MPU board?

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 10:45:06 PM »
Thank you soo much! that other wire you are asking about seamed to come out of nowhare, not connected to anything, to be honest with you, maybe it was a trim from when I jumped the low button battery on the MPU with a jumper battery, but I don't remember dropping that wire. But it landed there out of the blue when I took the photo. It most likely is just me "Clowning Myself". Question, if I remove that soldered in MPU button battery will I lose everything? Should I keep power to the MPU circut while I remove that soldered in button and replace it with the newer button socket? I know on IGT/CDS machines you better not lose power to the MPU are you're going to be using birthing programs, so that I why I ask. I am up on older machines, but now it's the Game King I have to learn about and all it's evil ways. Thanks a bunch for helping me to learn this machine a little!
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 07:45:46 AM »
Oh ok, one end looked like it was soldered on and the other wasn't, didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. 

No, you won't lose everything, but you will lose the ones that are stored in RAM memory.  A keychip is required to change some of them, but they are readily available.  Some machine settings are stored in the EEPROM on the backplane and it can load them if there is a problem with the ones stored in RAM.  That's likely already happened and why you have the "Options Verification Required" message on the screen.  So no, you don't need to worry about trying to keep power to the board when changing the battery.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 01:51:37 PM »
OK, and that is great to know. I got in a habit of jumping the batteries on these newer machines sometimes when changing the MPU batteries because of a bad experience I had when changing a dead battery on a IGT/CDS Razzel Dazzle machine. I lost it and had to search of more then a year to find the birthing programs. Now I just jump most everything that I don't know about as it does saves all the set options, and for the most part, makes me feel better knowing that nothing really bad is going to happen that I didn't know about...LOL "I guess you can call it, being on the safe side "
Thanks again for your continued help on this project.
Jackpot :hail:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal