New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Advice on this machine as a project.  (Read 4570 times)

Offline JRector

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JRector New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Advice on this machine as a project.
« on: September 04, 2016, 12:49:33 PM »
I have possibly located one of the s2000's as pictured below. It is complete and non working. It is my understanding that it was a custom design from AC Coin and Slot, would it be a nightmare since it was custom or pretty much still a standard s2000 to work on?     

I am a newbie and this would be my second home machine.   

Also, was this a custom top cabinet or are there other games around with this giant square top?

Offline oldgeiser1

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • oldgeiser1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Advice on this machine as a project.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 01:20:18 PM »
Of course this is just an opinion.

You could probably put the same money in a Game King and have a much more enjoyable machine.
I just started in this a few months ago and I will soon have my fourth Game King.  In one machine I
have Super Star Poker, 100 games, how could one get bored with that.  The other machines I switch
out often with IGames and occasionally other poker software.

A stand alone slot you put in you're money, push the button (or pull the handle), and say "did I win".
Gets old fast.  But that's just me.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 03:16:23 PM »
It really depends on my it's not working. If the top box has a problem, you probably won't find parts for it. Same thing if any software is missing. So I guess a lot depends on what error codes show up when you turn it on and how much they want for it. If the price is OK and it ends up being not fixable, you could always replace the top box and game kit to have a standard S2000 or pick up a Barcrest top box and game kit to make a Top Dollar or something along those lines. Not working it probably isn't worth more than a couple hundred if it's in good cosmetic shape. Parts availability, or lack thereof, is the driving force here

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 04:40:21 PM »
JRector, are you in the Dallas Fort Worth area? There has been one of these on Craigslist for awhile now. I'll tell you why I haven't jumped on it. In the pic the guy has other machines. That leads me to believe that he works on machines (looks like a shop). If he can't fix it then there may be unusual issues. After all, most machines are just made of common parts which can be replaced. If this machine has parts that you cannot find then  :duh: . That's just my two cents. It's a great looking machine though. See link below.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/for/5693947134.html
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 04:58:03 PM »
It really depends on my it's not working. If the top box has a problem, you probably won't find parts for it. Same thing if any software is missing. So I guess a lot depends on what error codes show up when you turn it on and how much they want for it. If the price is OK and it ends up being not fixable, you could always replace the top box and game kit to have a standard S2000 or pick up a Barcrest top box and game kit to make a Top Dollar or something along those lines. Not working it probably isn't worth more than a couple hundred if it's in good cosmetic shape. Parts availability, or lack thereof, is the driving force here

Cowboy thanks for the response. It was very helpful and will probably get me in over my head but slot ownership is always a gamble.

If it goes as planned I would want to be in for about 150 each on two similar machines that would/could possibly be a supply of parts for the other if something catastrophic is found.  To drill down further on your response, the clear eprom and key would be standard for s2000?  I was worried that they might have gutted the box during the customization and put in some odd mpu.   

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 05:07:15 PM »
JRector, are you in the Dallas Fort Worth area? There has been one of these on Craigslist for awhile now. I'll tell you why I haven't jumped on it. In the pic the guy has other machines. That leads me to believe that he works on machines (looks like a shop). If he can't fix it then there may be unusual issues. After all, most machines are just made of common parts which can be replaced. If this machine has parts that you cannot find then  :duh: . That's just my two cents. It's a great looking machine though. See link below.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/for/5693947134.html

Guilty as charged.

That was a worry of mine as well based on the pic. The two he has posted looked so unique I thought it might be worth the risk. Especially after Cowboygame's post where  a top box might be changed.
This is outside of skill level but it would be a learning experience.   

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 06:04:56 PM »
I believe the clear and key chips are the same. I would use a 45/224 set. As far as changing the top box, it's 4 screws and a few plugs. The hard part might be finding the top box with matching laminate to the cabinet.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 06:08:30 PM »
I would look at the MPU's and see if the SB and SG chips are present. Seems like someone bought a crapload of these when AC Coin went out of business and a lot of them were missing software and most of them ended up in Texas. At $150-200 each you could still convert them to standard S2000 for a little less than a ready to go machine costs I would think. Lots of parts available in your neck of the woods

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 07:04:13 PM »
If you end up doing it I'd love to see the progress as it goes. I've looked at those machines a hundred time on CL. Good luck! Great looking machine.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 07:40:52 PM »
I believe the clear and key chips are the same. I would use a 45/224 set. As far as changing the top box, it's 4 screws and a few plugs. The hard part might be finding the top box with matching laminate to the cabinet.

Thanks for the response and the information!!   

Ianmcneil68 hit me in the head a little with his response so I did a little due diligence and found that these would be coming from a dealer who probably found that it was better to unload than to repair. On the fence now but thanks for the information and your time.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »
If you end up doing it I'd love to see the progress as it goes. I've looked at those machines a hundred time on CL. Good luck! Great looking machine.

Your post made me think a little straighter and you were correct, a dealer in used IGT slots. I am now back on the fence but if I move forward I will post some pics of the project.

Thanks!! :thank_you:

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 07:52:34 PM »
Any time. Keep in touch. You're definitely in good company on this site. I've learned more from these guys in a month than I could learn in a year on my own. I started with an old Sigma slant top that I got at a garage sale for $40. I had it working in 30 minutes. Then I found NLG. Ironically, I used to live in Bullhead City where they are based. Passed the shop countless times. Now I have 6 machines. Mostly IGT S+. It's a great hobby and if you buy the right machines you can make a little money, too. Welcome and have fun!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 06:01:15 AM »
I have a few of these AC Coins. If yours are complete they are not difficult to get in working order. Change the batteries top and bottom and they have enhanced board in bottom and use a RBK000001 Clear and Key. If you purchase one, ask away. Took me a while because mine was missing parts but after I gathered up a few parts everything fell into place.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 06:05:59 AM »
Great looking machines. The ones JRector was/is looking at suddenly vanished from Craigslist this morning. Been on there for months. Maybe he went for it.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 08:01:27 AM »
No ianmcneil I never did anything but was thinking that the owner might be on here as well.  Lol I snoozed so I lost. 

Thanks for the advise from all posters.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 08:03:39 AM »
Weird...they were on there for months.

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »
We used to have those games. When they went under we had to toss them. I still have some parts for them, though I probably won't remember all the nuances for them.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal