New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB2  (Read 7456 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
BB2
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:11:51 PM »
Hello.

I am wondering what is needed to make a BB 2 machine work with dual screen games (BB 1)?  Where does the 64mb CF card (top box) go? If I need it, will my Tse-Tse board from my 550 conversion work in a BB2?  And where would it be placed in the machine?

Thanks sooo much!!

Steve

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: BB2
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:49:37 PM »
Top Monitor in your Dual Screen BB1 is not used in a BB2 conversion. With a BB2 CPU you can not play any of your dual screen games any more.  TSE-TSE board is not used. 
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »
That's why you need multiple cabinets!!!  :yes: :yes: :yes:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 05:41:40 AM »
Thanks Guys.

So if I buy a BB 2 cabinet I can only play single screen BB 1 & 2  games on it even though it has the monitor in the top box?  Will it display the game marquee for all the games or only the ones that are newer with the SG OS?

Thanks again!!!!

Steve  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 07:11:56 AM »
I think you are a little confused, the BB2 does not use a tse-tse to operate the upper screen. On the BB2, the upper monitor plugs directly into the backplane, therefore  the BB2 does not utilize an upper CF card. The BB2 software operates both monitors. To my knowledge if you convert to BB2, there are only a few games that will work in both the BB1 and BB2. All of these are single screen games, there are no BB1 dual screen games that will work in a BB2 dual screen setup. If single screen games are played, the upper monitor will be blank, or depict a scene like top glass. This is why people are saying you need a separate  BB1 and BB2  machine.

Dan (tacman)

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 07:27:24 AM »
Dan, on a BB2 the upper monitor plugs directly into the CPU, not the backplane.

Jeff

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 07:29:24 AM »
BB1 Games that use an SSSG OS would work on a BB2 CPU.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 07:36:30 AM »
So best way to go would then be to keep my 550 conversion for the dual screen and older BB 1 titles, and get a BB2 cabinet for the newer games?

Steve

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 07:46:47 AM »
Or buy a BB1 reel machine and convert it to a BB2, using a BB2 CPU and 2 wide screen 22" monitors.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »
Would price differential be enough to justify that? What about the oled button panel in the 2?
SM

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 08:05:49 AM »
Well it's a matter of choice here, it's nice to have a genuine BB2 but yes, it's still cheaper to convert, OLED is optional since games work with either bet deck.

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 08:08:07 AM »
Definitely go with the widescreen monitors from the get-go. There are many newer games that are WS required and the others that play on the 19" monitors will also play on the WS. The OLED button deck is nice, but cannot remember if there are any games in which it is required to play. I do know there are titles that will NOT play with the OLED deck. Easy fix is to grab an EBB deck as well. Change out is quick and painless. The  only disadvantage with the 550 is that you lose the ability to play the EBB single and dual screen games like Goldfish, Hitchcock, Zeus 2, Griffins Gate, etc. otherwise the 550 will play the other dual and single screen games.

Dan (tacman)

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 08:27:01 AM »
Thanks Dan.

That is exactly why I was thinking of getting a BB cabinet.  So if I get a BB 1 Dual Screen cabinet or convert a regular BB1 game to dual screen I can play those titles you mentioned on that?  Is it that they need the rebet button or??
EBB deck??
Steve
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:14:23 AM by iramack »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »
The EBB is the extra bet button, it's an oval shapped button that is typically red, orange or green and it's used on titles where you bet a little extra to enable some sort of feature, like re-spin on zeus II, or the goldfish bet to get the randomn goldfish bonus.  You don't just get the game deck, there's a few other pieces that go with it as well, like an SPN distribution board and the spn control board for the EBB Button.  SPN is what WMS calls the EBB button hardware.  If you can get the machine with it already, do so, as getting the parts can sometimes be difficult and pricey.

If you get a regular bb1 cabinet with SPN hardware (EBB Button ready), then you can play any NON-WAP game made for the bb1 and some titles that work on both bb1 and bb2.  The bb1 dual screen titles need the top box that has the extra 19" monitor and the tse tse fly board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »
Thanks.

How do I know if I have the SPN, hardware but the button is not there?

I have only seen the button on the Hot Hot Penny machines in BB 1 cabinets...........................

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 10:07:33 PM »
If the button is not there, you don't have the SPN hardware typically.  If the button is there, you want to open up the belly door and look under the button.  There should be a ribbon cable coming out of the ebb button board connected to a little board under the button deck that is attached with a small bracket to the left side of the door, then there's an "Ethernet" cable that goes from there to an SPN distribution center (looks like a 4 port hub with 2 molex for power).  Then from there there's a molex for power that connects  to the backplane on the bottom right and another "Ethernet" cable that also goes to the backplane to the top left.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 05:48:11 AM »
WOW!! That sounds like a lot of stuff for a button!!  So I really need this for the functionality of my game/software?

SM

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 06:11:43 AM »
yep

The games that require the spn button will not boot if all the hardware is not hooked up and working

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 06:19:25 AM »
Thanks I get that part.

My question really is......... I am thinking of upgrading my 550 conversion to a BB cabinet so that I can run the BB1 titles that I have, including dual screen ones like Hitchcock, Airplane, Stampede etc.... I don't have any titles that need the extra bet  button (I think). I cant run those few titles now on my 550 because they require the repeat bet button??? I think??

SM

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »
Also as an additional question.....

Is the pinout on the connector to the backplane for the Tse Tse board the same as for the 550 and  a BB 1 cabinet???  Is there power available as well??

Thanks

SM

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal