New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill validator tilt  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Rane420

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bill validator tilt
« on: September 09, 2019, 09:59:34 AM »
Hello everyone,

I’ve had my AVP for over a year and it’s worked well without any issues. Today I tried to remove Tito papers from the  bill stacker and when I returned it to the machine I get a bill validator tilt error. I found a thread suggesting to clean the inside which I did to no avail. I also took a look at the battery voltages and nothing jumped out at me there. Is there anything I have to do to ask it to evaluate if there is still a problem?

Additionally the far right led on the validator flashes green if that helps
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bill validator tilt
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:31:37 AM »
What validator do you have.  If this happened after you remove the stacker and put it back, I would look for anything related to it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 12:24:29 PM »
It’s an MEI Cashflow.  I had the same thought on the cash box, just not seeing a whole lot of room for anything to go wrong on it.  I’ve pulled it and replaced it several times, the gears on the bottom seem free to spin.  Nothing seems to have fallen down to stop it from seating correctly.  I’ve power cycled a couple times and each time the error stays.  I was hoping there was some menu setting or something to lead me in the right direction.  I’ll see if one of the local slot shops have another cash box I can try.  Certainly cheaper than a new validator.
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 12:30:27 PM »
I would also look at the little control board, they tend to go bad for no good reason.  Sometimes it's the little switch that actuates when the cash can in inserted and removed, other times, the thing just goes bad.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 01:08:22 PM »
So, it’s been a while but finally got around to picking up a new board to see if that helps.  The local slot shop was able to put the validator head in one of their machines and it worked like a champ.  They did tell me I may have to clear the tilt errors and that I need to push the test button to do so.  I know about the test button in my GameKings but don’t see a similar but in my AVP.  Any chance someone can point me in the right direction of where to look?
Corey

Offline mvco

• Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 02:06:18 PM »
It's on your Brainbox.  Look at the front of it where all the wiring connects.  Then look at the top left corner, you will see the white menu enter button.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 04:06:10 PM »
I've never had to push buttons to clear errors on any of my AVP machines.  Bill validator tilt should clear by opening and closing door only.  If it doesn't clear it, check that the usb cable has not gotten loose.

Offline mvco

• Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 05:07:17 PM »
Also, try switching USB ports.  They are known to go "dead" sometimes. 

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »
Thank you. I tried switching the usb as well as pulling out the whole validator/cash box to see if maybe something came loose on the back side, but all to no benefit.  I found and tried the white test button but nothing happens when it is pushed.  However, as Rick says, it appears to try and even clears the tilt in the event log. 

Even though it clears it keeps coming back.  I could try try a buying new cash box, but I wouldn’t expect that is causing the validator to go offline.
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »
Actually these MEI validator cash can are known to cause these issues sometimes.  Several users here have reported that using a new cash can fixed the issue.  Do you have another slot with an MEI cash can you can try it on?  Also try using a new usb cable on the bill validator.  You are also getting a lot of tilts with devices coming offline, especially usb tilts, are you plugging the validator directly to the backplane or are you using the usb expander board that is present in some machines?  If you are, that board requires power for it to work right.  The power is the little 4 pin (or is 5 pin) plug that is connected to the top of the power supply on AVP 3.0M mpus, or the 5 pin single row molex under the main power input on the 625 and later mpu's.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 12:51:26 PM »
Not to go too far off track but I know the MEI cans that are made of a plastic have two small glass prisms next to the stacker rail that get dirty easily.

I clean the prisms with compressed air to get them to work.

What I DON'T know is if the cans that I work with, are the same as yours.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
They are the same, all Mei  validators from the cashflow line (SC) use the same cans.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal