New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 with S+ Prom - VFD is blank after boot  (Read 838 times)

Offline Nurbo

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
S2000 with S+ Prom - VFD is blank after boot
« on: September 30, 2019, 05:37:52 AM »
Hello,

A friend of mine has a S2000 with S+ game kit / Prom. SB001000 / SG000093 / SS7852 / VS011IX0

He played hundred game, he decide to push the payout button, the hopper send 5 coins and he stopped. No error on the VFD, but the display is going blank...nothing is displayed.

Impossible to enter in menu mode. Reset keys does nothing.

What do you think about this problem ?

At 00"19 on the video the VFD seen RESTART.

https://youtu.be/dvLIGl0JqGs

Thanks for your help !
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:28:00 PM by Nurbo »
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 with S+ Prom - VFD is blank after boot
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 06:36:25 AM »
Bruno,

I sent you a PM with some suggestions you can try. Hope it' not the MPU. Start with the I/O cards.
The SG chips are seriously outdated. Put some SG000363s in that.
I also recommend using SB100068 for SS7852 is a 85% payout chip.
The SB100068 will allow you to set the payout at a more desirable level.
I emailed you some info as well.

Ron
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline pbwizard25

• Reputation Power: 27
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 10:08:52 AM »
Pull the hopper out and try. It looks like as soon as hopper would energize display goes blank. Could be a faulty hopper.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 11:35:34 AM »
I’m leaning towards a bad IO Card.. If the hopper had jammed or failed, I think you would see a error message on the VDF display..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »
Thank you for your answers.

Here is what has been tested unsuccessfully :

- removal of the MPU and then put back in place
- removal of the I / O card and then put back in place
- removal of the ribbon from the VFD controller board and the VFD himself and then replacing
- starting the machine without the hopper
- starting the machine without the hopper or the BV
- all the chips were checked if they were inserted correctly (mpu and VFD controller board)
- four time keys reset with the door open
- press once on the white button
- press 4 sec on the white button and closing door

By cons I forgot to say that when the hopper stopped the bezel light from the BV went off and it has not accept bill since...but it make sound when the machine is booting

@Amechanic : the VFD is totaly blank...nothing displayed

@pbwizard25 : already try

Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »
Hello,

I'm progressing a bit on troubleshooting this machine.

After doing a clear ram and having changed the Stepper Base by the SB100068 (thanks RB  :hail:), I can reset the machine.

The keychip works perfectly and I was able to set all the parameters as needed. The machine seems to be perfectly functional.

Except that the message RESTART is still there and I can not do anything.

The coins fall directly into the bin and if I put a ticket it is accepted but the hopper distributes the corresponding value. I can not put credit.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 02:33:48 PM »
What is the hopper limit set at? Are you sure the cash out button isn't stuck?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 03:04:45 PM »
There is a setting for this, but dang if I can remember where? I thing it had something to do with setting 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, or something that area. I had Jim help my from Midwest slots. What’s your hoppers max coin set too?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 09:27:27 PM »
Thank you everybody !

All limits are good, set at 90.000

I read this post : http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7188.msg38682#msg38682

I removed the comparitor, unplugged and plugged. Same thing with the coin optic board.

I switch on the machine and the first coin was accepted !!!!

But I still do not know what could have created the problem in the beginning ...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal