New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Avp 3.0  (Read 2407 times)

Offline rey02

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • rey02 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Avp 3.0
« on: January 17, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »
Hi all. Really could use some help here. Machine was working perfectly until recently. A few weeks ago I turned on the machine and it booted up with no issues. When I Pressed the more games button on the screen nothing happened. I then tried the game menu button and still nothing. I’ve tried clearing it several times with my ekey 7 and diagnostic key, and nothing has changed with the exception that I now get “selected game theme is not licensed” tilt. If anyone can help I would appreciate it!
Thanks
Rey

Offline bpracer

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Avp 3.0
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
Hi all. Really could use some help here. Machine was working perfectly until recently. A few weeks ago I turned on the machine and it booted up with no issues. When I Pressed the more games button on the screen nothing happened. I then tried the game menu button and still nothing. I’ve tried clearing it several times with my ekey 7 and diagnostic key, and nothing has changed with the exception that I now get “selected game theme is not licensed” tilt. If anyone can help I would appreciate it!
Thanks
Rey

Post a picture of the "selected game theme is not licensed", this sounds like an issue with the "Show Boots" if that is what you are using?

Offline rey02

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »
Here’s the one with the tilt

Offline bpracer

• bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 05:00:08 PM »

If you leave it sit the error does not go away?

I would try to swap the boot 2 chip with a known working chip.

Offline rey02

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 05:02:57 PM »
The report goes away, but I’m not able to play or switch games. It’s frozen

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 05:11:14 PM »
The report goes away, but I’m not able to play or switch games. It’s frozen

Post a pic of the screen when it goes away.

You probably have an open door?

Offline rey02

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 05:28:38 PM »
The first pic that I posted is what it looks like when it goes away.  The letters S, F, B, and M are highlites in the top right corner. They may be error codes, just not sure what they are or how to clear it.
Thanks

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 05:30:44 PM »
The first pic that I posted is what it looks like when it goes away.  The letters S, F, B, and M are highlites in the top right corner. They may be error codes, just not sure what they are or how to clear it.
Thanks

S - Spare door?
F - Front Door
B - Bll Door
M - Main Door

are showing open.

Offline rey02

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 05:50:44 PM »
I’ve secured all doors on the machine. I will double check the connections and make sure everything is secured. I’ll update as soon as I’m done. Thanks for your help!

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 06:19:50 AM »
I’ve secured all doors on the machine. I will double check the connections and make sure everything is secured. I’ll update as soon as I’m done. Thanks for your help!

Any luck getting this going?

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 07:39:33 AM »
S=Stacker (The button the cash can pushes against when inserted into the DBA).

Check all your connectors on the backplane. Look for pinched wires near any moving parts. Disconnect the backplane battery, reboot, then reconnect. Also go into the Diagnostic screen and check ALL your battery voltages. Any batteries showing below 2.9VDC; replace.

Hope this helps!

Fun Fact: look real close at those letters in the top corner you mentioned. They are little doors. You’ll notice the ones in white are little Open doors. And on the black ones, the little doors are closed.

Offline rey02

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 04:48:41 PM »
No luck last night, I’ll have to check the backplane to make sure. Thanks again, I will keep you posted

Rey

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 06:53:02 AM »
Do you have a different brain box to put in the slot.  I have had the same problem before and the problem was in the brain box

Offline rey02

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »
Unfortunately I don’t. I’m going to continue to work on it when I get home tonight, hopefully I can get it going. Thanks’
Rey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 448
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2020, 02:49:38 PM »
There's a grey ribbon cable that connects the mpu to the backplane.  Check it to make sure there's no damage to it from end to end.  This cable communicates with the backplane the state of the switches among other things.  It is thin and can get damaged easily within the cabinet's hardware sharp edges.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rey02

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 08:34:23 PM »
Hi all, finally got it to work. Thank you all for your help! After many days of double checking the cables making sure they were all connected, batteries, etc. I noticed a pi isI’m ece on the backplane was missing(see attached pic). I must’ve broken that piece off while moving my hand around making sure everything was connected. I didn’t know for sure if that was the reason, but I decided to Replace the backplane and hoped that was it, because at that point I was willing to try anything lol. Sure enough after replacing it and using my ekey7 and diagnostic key, all the error codes were gone and all was good. Finally, it was driving me crazy!!! Thanks again!!

Rey

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal