New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Keeps repeatedly saying ;Display passes self-test; but wont boot up ?  (Read 6648 times)

Offline Ryengoth

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ryengoth New User has no influence.
  • NLG
And yes you can change/disable the attraction sound and pause time between attraction plays.

Offline octoolguy

• Reputation Power: 6
  • octoolguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
And yes you can change/disable the attraction sound and pause time between attraction plays.
Can you give me the play by play instructions on how to do that Ryen? No rush, my machine will be down until I can locate a new board. Thanks for your help.

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
Pinging @RB. Got a spare 504 mpu around? If you really want to play fun you can add the multi-denom touch panel and 6-digit credit display. :) I did that upgrade to mine and it was more fun to be able change the denom during play.
Ryengoth, if you could expand on that, it would be great. I'm not sure what you just said. New words to me. I'm still learning so please go slow.

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline Ryengoth

• NLG
Can you give me the play by play instructions on how to do that Ryen? No rush, my machine will be down until I can locate a new board. Thanks for your help.

Press white button to open config menu on fluorescent display. Scroll down to sounds and look under there for volume settings and timer for attraction feature. You do not need a key chip to go into programming mode, just press the white button on the MPU with the door open.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG

Press white button to open config menu on fluorescent display. Scroll down to sounds and look under there for volume settings and timer for attraction feature. You do not need a key chip to go into programming mode, just press the white button on the MPU with the door open.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. By the way, any ideas on a board? I'll take a 502 at this point.

Offline Ryengoth

• NLG
Pinging @RB. Got a spare 504 mpu around? If you really want to play fun you can add the multi-denom touch panel and 6-digit credit display. :) I did that upgrade to mine and it was more fun to be able change the denom during play.
Ryengoth, if you could expand on that, it would be great. I'm not sure what you just said. New words to me. I'm still learning so please go slow.

The multi-denomination module replaces the sticker in the lower panel where the denomination amount is displayed. You can select from several 4-denomination stickers. You replace the white module on the door with a new one that has a touch sensor in it. It aligns 4 "touch buttons" with the sticker graphics. If you touch where $.25 is then the game play and credit module switches to $.25 per credit play. Between reel spins you can pick from the 4 touch options to change your bet level and credit totals. Put in a $20 and play nickle for a while until it gets warm then switch to $.50 and rack up cash. When it gets cold switch back to $.10 maybe and play for a while. If you decide you want that, bear in mind that the accounting denomination must be $.01 in order to support the changes during play. That means the credit ticker is going to go insane and possible fly apart unless you unplug and jumper it.  :rotfl:   Check out the demo play on my YT channel.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG

I think I'll leave well enough alone. I have to get mine working first before I do any alterations. I feel so stupid for possibly messing mine up by replacing that Varta battery. I should have known that there was a better way. Oh well, live and learn.

The multi-denomination module replaces the sticker in the lower panel where the denomination amount is displayed. You can select from several 4-denomination stickers. You replace the white module on the door with a new one that has a touch sensor in it. It aligns 4 "touch buttons" with the sticker graphics. If you touch where $.25 is then the game play and credit module switches to $.25 per credit play. Between reel spins you can pick from the 4 touch options to change your bet level and credit totals. Put in a $20 and play nickle for a while until it gets warm then switch to $.50 and rack up cash. When it gets cold switch back to $.10 maybe and play for a while. If you decide you want that, bear in mind that the accounting denomination must be $.01 in order to support the changes during play. That means the credit ticker is going to go insane and possible fly apart unless you unplug and jumper it.  :rotfl:   Check out the demo play on my YT channel.

Offline Ryengoth

• NLG
https://youtu.be/dkfXaepx8GM

I have the denom set to $1 but you can see the 4 other options by the lit-up $1 button on the glass. Oh you also get a 2-line display with that upgrade which is very helpful in the programming menu.

Offline Ryengoth

• NLG

Thanks, I'll give that a try. By the way, any ideas on a board? I'll take a 502 at this point.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164162315843

Offline octoolguy

• NLG

I think I'll leave well enough alone. I have to get mine working first before I do any alterations. I feel so stupid for possibly messing mine up by replacing that Varta battery. I should have known that there was a better way. Oh well, live and learn.

Ryen, I tried to find the link or channel you referred to. I did watch your video on your roadtrip but I couldn't find whatever you are referring to here. Can you link me to it?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 388
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
You didn't mess up your MPU board, the leaking varta battery did.  If you ever get another S2000 just make sure you remove it before it has a chance to leak and destroy the board.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
You didn't mess up your MPU board, the leaking varta battery did.  If you ever get another S2000 just make sure you remove it before it has a chance to leak and destroy the board.
Thanks. I just figured I probably overheated it while trying to install/remove the varta. Now, I know better. I'm having a tough time getting my wife to understand WHY I need to spend a hundred dollars. That is worse than knowing I might have been the culprit. Oh well, in time. Thanks Tilt.

Offline Ryengoth

• NLG
Ryen, I tried to find the link or channel you referred to. I did watch your video on your roadtrip but I couldn't find whatever you are referring to here. Can you link me to it?

Posted above, but here ya go.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG

Posted above, but here ya go.
Thanks Ryengoth, I did watch that one too but I didn't realize it was what you were referring to.

Offline Ryengoth

• NLG
Thanks. I just figured I probably overheated it while trying to install/remove the varta. Now, I know better. I'm having a tough time getting my wife to understand WHY I need to spend a hundred dollars. That is worse than knowing I might have been the culprit. Oh well, in time. Thanks Tilt.

Unfortunately it's the name of the game with these old machines. You'll be replacing parts. I bought an EEPROM burner and UV eraser specifically for messing with mine. I was attempting to hack the software though. :D It does help to be able to burn copies of they key and game ROMs. A USB writer is less than $40. The chips can be purchased for a few bucks. The power supply will probably go out next, so be prepared. Don't trash the board, though. Should it happen to be a RAM chip gone bad or something else you'll want to have a spare MPU.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
NLG member Lookes has 50x boards for sale on ebay right now: https://www.ebay.com/sch/lookes/m.html?item=164162315843&hash=item2638d62643%3Ag%3AeBwAAOSwgrJel0ek&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Thanks for that info. I have been watching his boards but wasn't sure of his reputation. If he is a member here, that would make me feel better. Can you tell me what the main difference is between the 502 and the 504? I can save $30 by buying the 502 and every $30 counts right now. I have never had any "buzzing" from my speakers. Is that something that might happen if I buy the 502 board? I'll spend the extra money if there is a good valid reason for it. Thanks for your input.

Ray

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Yep, you got it right about the boards.

He is a good guy to deal with.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
Yep, you got it right about the boards.

He is a good guy to deal with.
So, if it was you, what board would you buy? Keep in mind that money is tight. I just want to do the smartest thing. I appreciate you giving his recommendation. That means something.

Offline Ryengoth

• NLG
504B, you already have the multimedia dimm and daughter board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal