New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Keeps repeatedly saying ;Display passes self-test; but wont boot up ?  (Read 6566 times)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 242
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
If your machine has backlit reels and a sound simm installed the buzz could be pretty bad with a 502.  Both those seem to intensify it to me. The 502 is cheaper for a reason.  That being said I have one 502 that sounds great!

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
I had this same exact problem today it drove me nuts. The cause of the problem was a bad version chip.

Offline octoolguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • octoolguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I wanted to take a minute to say a big thank you to all who tried to help me solve my problem. It seems that my board was truly bad. I have another board coming but as of yet haven't gotten it. I will post as soon as I get it installed and hopefully will be back up and running. Thanks to all.

Ray

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline Ryengoth

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Ryengoth New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I wanted to take a minute to say a big thank you to all who tried to help me solve my problem. It seems that my board was truly bad. I have another board coming but as of yet haven't gotten it. I will post as soon as I get it installed and hopefully will be back up and running. Thanks to all.

Ray

Good luck with it. Once you get it up and running check out the Bettor Slots TITO module for ticket play. You can network your machines and also add credits and change the text on the ticket vouchers. I had mine on wifi. There is an app for your phone.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
Well, I have an update......I installed my new 504 mpu and got my machine back up and running. It works just like it used to. BUT, I still have a problem with bill validator. It will not accept any bills. It will take them in but sends them right back out again. I never had any problems with that part before all this fiasco started. Any ideas what to do next? If I recall, there used to be a yellow light in it but that doesn't work either. I can't remember if it ever did but it might be nice for it to light up. Once again, thanks to all who helped me through this mess. Cudos to NewLifeGames.com.

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Press white button and go to #4 I/O  then go to 4.3 auto configure netplex devices and see if it says bill acceptor installed.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
If the bills are being taken then rejected it means you either need to calibrate the validator, or you are going over the credit limit.  Check the bill credit limit in the machine settings.  Try using a dollar bill see if the machine takes it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
Press white button and go to #4 I/O  then go to 4.3 auto configure netplex devices and see if it says bill acceptor installed.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. If it is stalled though, how do I "unstall" it?

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
If the bills are being taken then rejected it means you either need to calibrate the validator, or you are going over the credit limit.  Check the bill credit limit in the machine settings.  Try using a dollar bill see if the machine takes it.

I tried it with a new style ten, a new style five and a regular one. Same thing on all of them. It pulls them in then spits them back out. Maybe my money tastes bad. LOL.

Offline Ryengoth

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Ryengoth New User has no influence.
  • NLG

I tried it with a new style ten, a new style five and a regular one. Same thing on all of them. It pulls them in then spits them back out. Maybe my money tastes bad. LOL.

As suggested go into config 4.3 and make sure it is enabled on the netplex network. It is acting like it is disabled. Does it take coins OK?

Offline octoolguy

• NLG

I did as you suggested, I got a message that the bv was stalled. I took it out and messed with the little wheels. I put it back in and got a message that said "bv cam failure". I took it out again and turned the little wheels. I put it back in and closed the door. It went through the reset process and I tried a one dollar bill. I took it. I tried a second bill and it came back out. It seems to like every other bill. I think it got dirty or oxidized from sitting so long. Is there a way to clean it?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Yes, some you can open the head and clean the sensors with warm water on a Q-tip.  Do NOT use alcohol.  Which bv do you have?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
there are 8 switches on the right side of the WBA , all should be in the up position, to test the unit, pull out the cash can, put switches 1-2-3 and 8 down,  put in the machine, apply power,  reach in and push switch 8 up, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert a bill into the unit, normally it should pull it into the unit and run it through and deposit it where the cash can would have been.  you can use this method to determine what software you have in the unit by the type bills it will accept. 

if it doesn't do this then you either have a bad head or a bad transport unit.   

restore all switches to the up position.

I have tested WBA transports available if you need one. ID024, version 3.8 for IGT, will take all the latest money.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
Yes, some you can open the head and clean the sensors with warm water on a Q-tip.  Do NOT use alcohol.  Which bv do you have?

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
there are 8 switches on the right side of the WBA , all should be in the up position, to test the unit, pull out the cash can, put switches 1-2-3 and 8 down,  put in the machine, apply power,  reach in and push switch 8 up, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert a bill into the unit, normally it should pull it into the unit and run it through and deposit it where the cash can would have been.  you can use this method to determine what software you have in the unit by the type bills it will accept. 

if it doesn't do this then you either have a bad head or a bad transport unit.   

restore all switches to the up position.

I have tested WBA transports available if you need one. ID024, version 3.8 for IGT, will take all the latest money.

Jim

I tried as you suggested but nothing happens. It doesn't work as you said and it will not do anything with the cash box out. and I had to return everything back to normal to get it to recycle. It will not accept a bill at this point but I'll keep on trying. Another question, how can I turn off that God-awful sound that it makes when there are no credits and inactivity.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:03:41 PM by octoolguy »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Another question, how can I turn off that God-awful sound that it makes when there are no credits and inactivity.
Are you talking about the "Attract Mode" of the machine?
If so, go into the set-up and look for that option and disable it.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
Another question, how can I turn off that God-awful sound that it makes when there are no credits and inactivity.
Are you talking about the "Attract Mode" of the machine?
If so, go into the set-up and look for that option and disable it.

Thanks, I wasn't sure what it was called. Attract mode? Thanks, I found it and turned the volume down to 0. There is no off/on. Some of the menu options are curious to me. I don't know what they do. Is there a document available that has all the menu options/selections and explanations of each? I'd sure love to get one.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Look at the very first post on the S2000 forum topic.
Called Look here first. You will find all of that information and more
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

:agreepost:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG

Thanks for the input. I'm 77 years old so excuse me if I try to take the shortest route to my problem. I did do some reading on that place but being the novice that I am, a lot of it is total gibberish to me. But the good news is that since this whole thing started, I have learned a lot but I know that I have only scratched the surface. I really do appreciate all the help I have received here. I got my machine working and it's almost back to the way it used to be. I am now in the process of trying to get the BV back to working correctly and I have been reading on that subject too. I will say that I got so carried away with all of my new knowledge that I totally forgot to go back to that topic. I will now do that.  :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal