New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: First Machine - IGT G20 AVP  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jeffbranam2000 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
First Machine - IGT G20 AVP
« on: June 23, 2020, 06:49:38 AM »
Hello,
Hello Everyone, I am new to the site and this is my first post.

I have been reading different topics and thought this would be a good place to hop in. If not i apologize.
I just bought an IGT G20 that came with 15 or so games installed in 3 different denoms. Sometime in the future i want to be able to install/uninstall different games.

After doing some reading it looks like i will need an Ekey, is that correct?
Also any flash drives with the games on them?

I was messing around this morning and when i turned the top key to the right 1 time, a menu comes up that looks like you can change settings, enable games, change ticket info, etc. but most is grayed out and you cannot change. Is this what you need the Ekey for?

Also, under games it showed a lot more than what we are currently playing. Does this mean they are installed on the machine already and just need to be enabled? If so, can i do that with just the Ekey or would i still have to buy a flash drive for that game?

Sorry, for all the questions, but this is my first machine and i am trying to figure out how to do all of this without messing anything up.

Thanks for any help!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: First Machine - IGT G20 AVP
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 07:13:47 AM »
Turning the key gets you into the attendant menu.  You can look at a lot of things, but you can't change anything other than volume control or other aspects that do not affect gameplay.  To change any setting, you would need to have zero credits on the machine and insert the ekey into one of the two usb ports that is behind the little door on the mpu.

Regarding the other games you see, sometimes games are installed, but there are no license dongles installed for them, so they cannot be enabled without it.  Check the backplane on the back of the machine.  Do you see what look like USB flash drives attached to USB ports?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 11:29:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply rickhunter.

No, i do not see any. It looks like there are 6 USB ports and 3 of them have cables plugged into them and the other 3 are empty.

What about for the games that are installed and enabled already. Why are there no flash drives for them? Is it that after the install you can remove?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 11:50:20 AM »
If you have no security dongles, that means you probably have show bios chips installed, which do not require the use of license keys.  If you had an ekey 7 you could try enabling the other games.  When installing games in the machine, the install process copies the game from the flash drive installer to the hard drive in the mpu box.  One installed, you no longer need the installer usb drive unless you need to re-install the game again.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »
Awesome, that sounds like a pretty good thing!
Yeah, i was going to ask because all of the other games that are disabled right now have a little padlock symbol on them and it is open or unlocked, so i thought that might mean i did not need the license key.

I ordered an ekey 7  today and should have it next week.

If i do have these show bios chips, does that mean that if i buy more new game dongles i should not need the corresponding license dongle for them as well?

Thanks again for all your help thus far.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
If you have the show bios, you only need the loaders.  You can look up to see if you have the show bios.  Turn the jackpot reset key and then press on the "Version" button, then "Packages" then "System" AVP SHOW plus a set of numbers should be the last entry on the list.

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »
got it, i just went and checked and yes, i have show bios.

Next question i have is how many games can i have installed on the machine? I assume it depends on size of hard drive like any computer?
How many games can you have enabled at any given time?[size=78%] [/size]
Once i get the Ekey can i just go into the menu and enable/disable some of the other games that are installed?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 04:55:12 PM »
Your are unlikely to run out of hard drive space, most of these machines are deployed with at least an 80GB drive, most of the time 160GB drives.  You are most likely to run out of NVRAM that stores the configuration for each game.  Some folks here have been able to install 50+ games active at the same time, the limit is when you run out of NVRAM.  You can see your current NVRAM usage in the setup button then enable/disable.  There should be a Nominal NVRAM usage percentage on the bottom right side of the screen.

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 06:52:45 AM »
Looks like i currently have 18 games enabled and i am at 48.44% on NVRAM

Each of the current 18 games has 3 different denoms activated for them also. Does this have any impact on NVRAM?

Once i install a new game, can i just pick 2-3 denoms for it in the setup menu?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »
Each denom adds to the nvram use as it stores more configuration information, but it is not a whole lot.  Frankly, the whole multi-denom thing is worthless to me, what is the point?  When using it at home, you are either going for max bet max amount of win, so if you like to see big dollar wins, just pick a high enough denom like nickel or quarter for the multiline video slots.  I usually do high denoms like $5 or more for stuff like 3 reel games, but for the video slots I stick to penny denom.

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 02:21:54 PM »
Thanks Rick for all of your help. I should get my ekey 7 and a few new games on Saturday. I plan to do a few of the things we discussed already and i think i will be fine.

If anything major happens or if i have anymore questions afterwards, i will let you know.

Thanks again!

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
I have seen AVP's with just over 100 games.  Ram at 97% with 107 games, no issues whatsoever.

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 11:38:09 AM »
Awesome, thanks mvco!

I am looking to buy a Bettor TiTo also. What else do i need to make sure i have on the machine for it to work properly when i receive it?

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 12:11:18 PM »
You will need nothing more that the TITO kit itself.  Easy and quick installation.  Just be sure you have an Ekey 7 to change a few settings for TITO. 

Offline sirius7

• sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »
I have seen AVP's with just over 100 games.  Ram at 97% with 107 games, no issues whatsoever.

In my experience when you get that high it's just a matter of time before you need to do a wipe & re-enable games.  That lowers the NVRAM again until it creeps back up.  If you don't mind doing that from time to time it's not an issue.

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 05:12:08 PM »
My interesting observation, One machine with 107, another with 92.  NV ram on the 92 game cabinet hovers around 95%.  It started at 95%, went to 96%, and goes back to 95%.  The 107 game cabinet has NV ram starting at 97%.  Will go as high as 98%, but then purges itself back to 97% without fail.  So we have never ran out of NV ram, or seen any operational problems.  This setup we have had for over two years now, with tons and tons of play!  I was worried about NV ram from the start, so I monitor it about once a month.  It really is true that the machine purges once in awhile, which has been a good thing.  This is on SMLD models with 3.0M brain boxes.

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 12:53:13 PM »
Thanks, i have gotten with Jim at Bettor TITO and he had me check a few things on the machine. It looks like i have everything i need and will be ordering soon.

NOW, new problem. I just received my ekey and 3 games. I went through the process of installing them and everything seems to have gone fine except 1 game is missing.
When i go to enable them only 2 of the 3 show up on the list. I installed Cash Coaster and Duck Stamps and they are good to go. I installed Shadow of the panther and during the install with ekey it says it completed successfully, but it does not show up on the list. i have tried installing it again and it still does not show up on the list of games.

Any ideas?

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2020, 02:17:02 PM »
Jim's TITO kits are awesome, you will enjoy having that feature.

On your game install, for the game not loaded, is the program on it's own thumb drive, or do you have more than one game on a dongle?  Are you installing games by plugging in the Ekey along with game dongle in, and turning the machine on, or the method of doing it through the game manager program?

Offline Jeffbranam2000

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2020, 04:33:28 PM »
I am installing them by inserting the ekey and game dongle and turning the machine on. I actually found it since posting this. Instead of showing the full title on the menu it just had it under panther, so we are good.

Is there a way to back up all the games that are installed to a flash drive so that I will have a backup if the machine crashes or I have to replace the hard drive? I don’t have dongles for the games it came installed with.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 06:19:04 PM »
There is no way to extract the games from the hard drive.  You will need to get the installer files from whoever sold you the machine.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal