New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Purchase, IGT GameKing 3902  (Read 771 times)

Offline Nitr0

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nitr0 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New Purchase, IGT GameKing 3902
« on: October 05, 2021, 10:59:21 PM »
I'm new to the forums (thanks for having me) and a new IGT GK owner as of yesterday.  Most of my knowledge lies within modding Merit MegaTouch setups, but wanted to pick this IGT up to play around with and to learn something new.

I know there are tons of posts just like this and I've already done some leg-work, but I'm posting to gather some opinions and also to validate my current setup.  In short, I (think) I have a 3902 running 4.3 Poker (according to the XLS file I found in another post):  17" Touchscreen

Base: 837
GME 1/2:  2142
PXL/CGF: 793

I guess I'm only allowed 5 attachments per post, but these should provide enough information to those in the know and who are willing to toss me a bone.

My questions:  I assume I need a 22 Key, but other than being able to change some underlying settings, what is possible so far as upgrades for my current framework and what would I gain?  I see posts about upgrading to 044 (Haven't researched this yet), etc - but there is so much information, it's actually tough to find a place to begin.

It appears I have a very clean setup to begin with and everything seems to function just fine, but I'm never happy unless I modify everything I have.  If you had this setup, what would you do with it?

Thanks in advance for any bones and/or opinions to get me going in the right direction.  I hope to be able to contribute down the line.

EDIT/ADD:  I just came across Better TITO, I'd really love to have an option to add credits like this - I should be compatible out of the box based on the information I've provided, or what else would be required for me to provide?  These are exactly the type of additions/mods I'd be interested in.  And if I failed to mention, tis is purely for recreational/personal home use of course.

Cheers~
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:14:47 AM by Nitr0 »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: New Purchase, IGT GameKing 3902
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 04:16:53 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

See the PSR for available games with your GK 4.3 software. Upgrading to 044 is worthwhile but somewhat expensive. I have a bettor TITO available as well as key chips. Key 17 or 37 either will work. Key 22 or 40 both have clear option but usually require a clear to access the key chip menu. PM me if interested.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline marcdavis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • marcdavis New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 06:58:21 AM »
If you really like to modify things may I recommend my Arduino TITO and Player Tracking project: https://github.com/marcrdavis/ArduinoTITO-PlayerTracking.

Offline Nitr0

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nitr0 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 01:47:47 PM »
If you really like to modify things may I recommend my Arduino TITO and Player Tracking project: https://github.com/marcrdavis/ArduinoTITO-PlayerTracking.

Now that's really cool!  Probably overkill for what I'm looking to do initially, but I do have some displays, various Arduinos and pretty much everything else you had listed in the project PDF laying around from other projects that I can dig up minus the keypad I think.   I didn't look too deeply into your addressing but it appears you're using SPI, but looks like most regular (1602 or 2002) LCD displays would do the trick or even go i2c...   Super interesting and definitely on my radar now for future use.  I need to get my feet wet with the other basics first.

@RB, thanks kindly for the PSR and reply, you should have a PM from me shortly since I'll definitely require key(s) regardless, and pre-canned TITO to get my feet wet.  Sick of shoving bills through the thing when I get overzealous. 

Looking at the game lists from different sets and comparing with my current set, I'm not sure there is that much to gain with upgrades?  I wouldn't mind a few more slot options and there isn't much more to be done with Blackjack I don't think besides setting paybacks for more options.  I do see all sorts of expansion slots on my board - what can I do with them?  Would an 044 upgrade provide me with better graphics/sound, or what's the draw overall?  Or even maxing out the 3902 with a 5.x upgrade - advantages?  If I stuck with 3902, would be simple enough to swap between motherboards if I want two separate setups, or is there another EEProm somewhere (backplane?) that needs attention when doing that?

I guess what I'm asking is what all can I reasonably do with this thing to make it better for home-use?  I'll be scouring the forums and existing posts in the meantime to catch myself up, but really like opinions from those who've been down the alley so to speak.

Thanks all~

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 03:20:42 PM »
The SIMM slots are for 5.x software or numerous I games. There really is little to gain with 5.x software. PSRs attached for 5.0, 5.1 & 5.3. A real upgrade would be going to 044 which will require a MPU, MB and flash board. Be prepared to shell out some major bucks, probably $4-500. FYI the backplane is the motherboard. The main board or MPU can be changed without resetting everything by simply swapping the eeprom on the MB after initial setup. A couple of additional 044 PSRs added to wet your whistle. 044 does have better graphics and maybe sound but some 3902 I games have very good sound too.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 11:27:53 PM »
Congrats on getting a Game King! The 2142 chips were my first software set as well.

A couple goofy things you can set include Tournament Mode, so you can see how many credits you can win in a fixed amount of time. Might be fun competition among friends and family. Reset the credits by holding down the deal button while you turn the attendant key.

Also, you can set the Double Up feature to a few different games: I think Beat the Dealer is the default, and there's also high-low, and I think one that's match the color?

After you've had some fun with your current lineup, we can discuss expanding your library!  :rotfl:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal